Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fpvlr inspire1 antennas

Exactly. I always get a nice chuckle when I hear people say "I dont need all that long range antennas and booster crap". YES, YOU DO. If you care about the best signal under adverse conditions --- which is just about everybody --- then you care. Plus, just about everyone starts to crave long distance flying sooner or later! :D

If you crave long distance why arent your flying a fix wing!

So for the people only getting a few hundred meters range stock - this mod will get us closer to the 1km mark ? Like almost as good as a phantom?

Signal quality is great under most circumstances as is, I would fear going beyond 2km because once the battery level drops to 30 percent It drops like a rock to 20 percent. I would be skeptical making it home going further out.

CRASHBURN, WE'RE DYING TO HEAR FROM YOU ......
I was on tight schedule, when I got to flying site it was full of soccer goals, about 10 of them, with couple of games and lots of practice going on, so I decided not to fly…

Enjoy life and be nice

crashburn, only kidding around with you.

When you get to flying next time, ley us know how you make out.

In the interim, Tony received my RC on Wed, and today, Saturday, I received a tracking number. He is on the ball. Great service!!!

crashburn, only kidding around with you.

When you get to flying next time, ley us know how you make out.

In the interim, Tony received my RC on Wed, and today, Saturday, I received a tracking number. He is on the ball. Great service!!!
Finally tried out the antennas. Everything's much better, but I didn't do any long distance yet. First try, Inspire wouldn't take off, motors started but wouldn't spin up fast enough with either stick. Checked everything, thought it might be a bad firmware upgrade, but couldn't find anything wrong. Finally I recalibrated the rc sticks, and that fixed the problem. I was so cautious then that I switched to beginner mode for a few minutes, then limited my distance to about 1000 feet until I was sure everything was ok. I flew about 45 minutes, no problems and had full signal strength everywhere, even behind some trees where I had previously lost signal. Overall, much better. Next time out, I'll venture farther. I can already tell my signal is much more stable which is what I was shooting for.
During my initial trouble with my rc sticks not working, Tony was very responsive, I couldn't ask for better support. He's really a standout person and really stands behind his work, even to the point of offering to replace my rc with a new one if I couldn't get it to work. You can't go wrong with these antennas or with Tony.

Enjoy life and be nice

During my initial trouble with my rc sticks not working, Tony was very responsive, I couldn't ask for better support. He's really a standout person and really stands behind his work, even to the point of offering to replace my rc with a new one if I couldn't get it to work. You can't go wrong with these antennas or with Tony.

I guess I'll just keep on saying it --- Tony is a 5-star guy who makes 5-star products. Can't make it any simpler than that.

Guys these are limited in quantities, and we perform the install ourselves as we don't trust other installers with this expensive radio.
Hey tony..
Waiting on my controller to arrive in the mail any minute. .
planning on testing out the antennas. .
what is the best elevation to fly long distance?
Should I turn off battery failsafes?
Whats the best antenna position?
Do I need to calibrate the sticks before my first flight?
What spead is the best to make a long distance flight?
Why are the antennas green? Can you coat them?
Do you have any general advice to give us blos guys?
Anyway. .thanks for everything !!
Turbo..

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Hey guys. .
Ladies and gentlemen. .start your engines! !
Got my controller back from fpvlr ..
looks like he shot some paint over the antennas to give it a more stealthy look I'm guessing. .
hope to take a test flight later today if I get everything working correctly. .
Turbo. .
Come on don't leave us In Suspense I won't have mine until Thursday/Friday so until then I have to live vicariously through you:) cld you post a pic of your antennas

I will be honest I was not to excited to send out my controller to a guy I knew nothing about to have work done on my RC. A few of you have said Tony is a stand up guy he is nothing but a 5 star guy to deal with. We have emailed back and forth probably 10 or more times very helpful never leaves a e-mail go unanswered for more than a cpl hrs even after the money came through his account and even after his job was done and shipped out I had a Q. About why my unit was still at the UPS store. You know what he said "let's wait till tomorrow and see what happens". Let me specify LET's he cld have gave me the number for the ups store or recommended for me to call ups directly But he didn't I am sure he has a lot goin on but took time to email me back. Anyone who is on the fence about sending your RC out Tony is your guy people cld/shld take lessons on his customer service
Thank you Tony

Reactions: FPVLR
Come on don't leave us In Suspense I won't have mine until Thursday/Friday so until then I have to live vicariously through you:) cld you post a pic of your antennas
Sorry neo Wisconsin. .
no dice today. .
I was surprised to see when I started up my inspire it said I had to upgrade the firmware and rc .. I thought they flew my inspire at dji la..guess not?? The rc we had a heads up from crashburn. .
So hopefully I'll have that done by tomorrow and get out for a test flight ..
turbo. .

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Hi Guys,
does anyone on this board know JON B. from Austin, TX?
I upgraded his tx but he had no contact info in the box, so I am trying to contact the rightful owner of this tx.
Thanks,
TOny.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla