Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fpvlr inspire1 antennas

Just got my i1 controller mod back, got the green ones :)

So this is how they should be oriented?
I think that's right except they need to be straight up?
I don't have access to my rc right now so I'm assuming you can move them in an upright position and oriented like you have them, with blades facing out, and that is correct position?

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
So the orientation I have matches yours. I just upgraded the firmware on the i1 and controller and everything appears to be working great. Excellent build quality and they fit perfect in my case.

It was too dark to fly today but will take it for a slight range test tomorrow. I was also thinking these would be white, but am kind of diggin the green. Can these be dipped white, and if so, what would you recommend using? I am still on the fence on the color as I am more anxious to try these out!!

Turbo thanks for getting Tony my info, didn't realize he didn't have my info until I saw his email on my generic corp email account.

Has anyone had a chance to try these out, and if so, how far have you been?!

-DW

Reactions: turbodronepilot
So the orientation I have matches yours. I just upgraded the firmware on the i1 and controller and everything appears to be working great. Excellent build quality and they fit perfect in my case.

It was too dark to fly today but will take it for a slight range test tomorrow. I was also thinking these would be white, but am kind of diggin the green. Can these be dipped white, and if so, what would you recommend using? I am still on the fence on the color as I am more anxious to try these out!!

Turbo thanks for getting Tony my info, didn't realize he didn't have my info until I saw his email on my generic corp email account.

Has anyone had a chance to try these out, and if so, how far have you been?!

-DW
My pleasure. .
glad you get to fly this weekend! !
Also glad to see you on here..there's a good group of guys here and a more user friendly format..
Mine are painted white ,but wouldn't mind the green
Turbo. .

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Turbo why have you not done the firmware update I am sure I missed a post what's up
Hey NEJO. .
been working and hurt my back ..I'm busy right now paying for my inspire habbit..glad to hear you're up and flying. .
also if I'm being honest the whole firmware thing is a hassle for me..
I hope to get it done soon!! Thanks for looking out!!
turbo. .

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
It just takes a long time to update to the newest firmware. Just make sure u unzip the firmware and copy the .bin file to the root of the microSD card. Plug in the microSD card to the i1 camera and set everything up as if you're ready to fly. The tablet will ask you to upgrade.

About 25 mins later you should be done. The sound will change from the sound of "D-D-D-D" to "D-pause-D-D"

To do the controller, use a micro usb cable and attach from the controller, to the micro usb slot on the i1. Power on the controller and in about 40 seconds the controller will light up blue and in about 10 mins later, it should turn green, which indicates it's successfully updated. Power cycle the controller and the i1, and you should be set.

(I personally use a sd card reader that plugs into a USB key instead of using the micro usb cable from the i1 to the controller method, but either option should work fine)

Hope this helps.

Wow the difference in the antenna position I had them flat with them positioned correctly today I went close to some records that have been talked about. Kinda Scared myself but will say I turned around because I chose to not because I had to

How far did you get out?! :) I need to find a good spot for some flight testing. I have barely pushed the limits but still taking it easy!!

Wow the difference in the antenna position I had them flat with them positioned correctly today I went close to some records that have been talked about. Kinda Scared myself but will say I turned around because I chose to not because I had to

3 miles and 1000 feet, wow. Were you in a pretty much a straight line with no obstructions? Need to find an area that I can confidently do a range test. At any point did you loose video or reception?!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
My sweet spot that I have found is between is 1000/1200 feet high right around 3 miles out

So you're breaking the 400' law?
Congrats for being a moron. People like you will kill this for everyone.

These antennas are ment to give more bandwidth and a more reliable signal. Not to fly to 1500' and BREAK THE LAW. Its idiots like you why we have no fly zones and other BS regulations.

Must be trying to compensate for other things ....

Keep up the outstanding work!

Last edited:
You know what I drove 35 min from where I live to find a open place around no one over farm fields so if that makes me a moron so be it

What does that have to do with the personal aircraft you put at risk??? Not very bright, now are you?

I have no problem with long distance runs at a safe height over an open area.. breaking the 400' ceiling is just plain stupid, especially by a thousand feet.

No but it's one of those things that I really wanted to do so you do it in the safest possible place you can.

Ok, this is what's wrong with people today.. Just because THEY want to do something makes it ok. Even if it's breaking the law and putting others at risk.

I see that your too caught up in what you want to do and don't care what the impact of others will be..No need to even waste my breath, you're too selfish to understand.

Enough said...

Reactions: InspiredOne
For the others, I'm not against these antennas. These are a great modification if used correctly and responsibly. I have been toying with the idea of getting a set Myself.

It's people like the above poster that will hurt us. We should not encourage but discourage this type of behavior.

Like I said, you can do distance runs but in a responsible way, don't break the ceiling and don't fly over populated areas. This way you're still doing what you want but not putting ANYONE else in danger.

Blade blade my world does not revolve around this ok bought some friggin antennas. Guys were asking how they were working and I was curious so I tried them out. I probably will never do it again DO NOT go on one of your rants on/at me. I follow you think very highly of you and your knowledge on here. First of all I started on over a 1000 acres owned by a friends family farm "got permission " ended up finishing over the top of some set aside land so no were in there cld I hurt anyone second of all my craft my craft I am very aware of my risk I will also tell you this I do not know the laws like I am sure you do but I live by a rc field were planes and fpv long distance planes are flown get this its on city owned property and I know they go alot further than I do .......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu