Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fpvlr inspire1 antennas

Hey mr. Inspire (BLADE) you care so much about my doings teach me how to do this at 400ft uptill yesterday I never went over 300 in order to get this distance you have to be higher "I am sure you know that as well"

Blade blade my world does not revolve around this ok bought some friggin antennas. Guys were asking how they were working and I was curious so I tried them out. I probably will never do it again DO NOT go on one of your rants on/at me. I follow you think very highly of you and your knowledge on here. First of all I started on over a 1000 acres owned by a friends family farm "got permission " ended up finishing over the top of some set aside land so no were in there cld I hurt anyone second of all my craft my craft I am very aware of my risk I will also tell you this I do not know the laws like I am sure you do but I live by a rc field were plans and fpv long distance plans are flown get this its on city owned property and I know they go alot further than I do .......

Im pretty sure people want to know the performance at a legal height.

I'm glad you we're out in the country but this doesn't help with aircraft. You bring down a plane, you will go to jail. You will kill this for everyone at.the same time.

I hate coming across has an *** but this was a very stupid thing to do and then post about it??

We all need to be smart when pushing the limits.

Hey mr. Inspire (BLADE) you care so much about my doings teach me how to do this at 400ft uptill yesterday I never went over 300 in order to get this distance you have to be higher "I am sure you know that as well"

Man, now your going to act like a child because you were told what you were doing is wrong and could seriously hurt or kill someone?

If you can't hit 3 miles without breaking the ceiling, then YOU DON'T. It's really that simple.

You just proved my point on the entitlement of today's society.

Reactions: InspiredOne
Relax blade listen you guys on here have tought me what I know about this hobby not trying to ruin it but this post we are in is Fpvlr antennas "first person viewer long range" I think correct?? I was proud of the quality of my craft and excited so a lapse of judgment by my post I do not believe anything posted on here is going to affect your hobby but the idiots posting pics of planes flying on the White House lawn bouncing off buildings in NY city Vegas Ect.. You watch the news you know what's out there that is going to affect OUR hobby

This is a thread talking about the potential of the new antenna mods. Maybe going that high broke a law but sounds like he did it in a safe environment.

I'm not much of a rule follower though, went 65 in 50 mph speed limit, and even j-walked yesterday!

Last edited:
This is a thread talking about the potential of the new antenna mods. Maybe going that high broke a law but sounds like he did it in a safe environment.

I'm not much of a rule follower though, went 65 in 50 mph limit, and even j walker yesterday!

Missing the complete point.. you think pilots of real aircraft don't fly over open country? I'm not to concerned about the people on the ground when a craft is at 1500', I'm concerned about the people flying at the same altitude.

To give a solid baseline is to do a run within regulations. People that do follows laws and rules might be more interested in this information than someone breaking the ceiling x3 to achieve these results.

Reactions: InspiredOne
For the others, I'm not against these antennas. These are a great modification if used correctly and responsibly. I have been toying with the idea of getting a set Myself.

It's people like the above poster that will hurt us. We should not encourage but discourage this type of behavior.

Like I said, you can do distance runs but in a responsible way, don't break the ceiling and don't fly over populated areas. This way you're still doing what you want but not putting ANYONE else in danger.

I agree with the antenna mod being a great one, and agree with flying responsibly.

I would just take a slightly more diplomatic approach and say please do fly responsibly. Manned aircraft with souls on board can and do fly at that altitude. Keep it fun and stay safe.

Reactions: blade strike
I agree with the antenna mod being a great one, and agree with flying responsibly.

I would just take a slightly more diplomatic approach and say please do fly responsibly. Manned aircraft with souls on board can and do fly at that altitude. Keep it fun and stay safe.

Yeah maybe there was batter way to say it but my god.. how ignorant can one be?

If not ignorant, then VERY selfish!

I will drop it, I hate playing cop. I just can't believe one would think 1500' would be ok.

Reactions: damoncooper
Just be glad he didn't do 2k feet ;-)

I'm not one to judge what others do or don't do. Some people follow ever law but would imagine that to be rare.

Most innovations are achieved by sometimes pushing the limits. If done in a safe setting, I see little harm.

29% of all aircraft substantial damage by bird strike occurs between 501-3500 ft
There are large migratory birds that do fly at these altitudes too.

I agree 100% with what is being said here but people who are flying them in the city over beaches parades ect. Have a far greater chance of hurting someone than a very Conscientious person who wld want nothing to do with injuring anyone how often do birds bring down planes? Most bird strikes happen by airports due to ponds fields Ect. Attracting them now if you think I was not scanning looking for planes you are wrong this all took place in a 15 min span remind you it was over an hr of driving to get to this location I felt was safe. With this being said instead of attacking me over this you cld of gone about it in a different way. Is there a better chance of a airplane hitting it or it falling out of the sky into a group of people. I am not upset I did this I am upset I posted this like I said I was extremely proud of my craft and the antennas before these antennas I was getting 1000 ft out probably due to me. A lot of people look upto you for advice you are a face of DJI do not think you are on the boat to be belittling people or directing rants towards them I AM DONE

One last thing blade I sent a set of spare prop locks to a member and also 2 blades due to another. Due to ones misfortune and because the other wanted to fly safe with prop locks I paid postage and charged nothing so they cld enjoy there crafts instead of waiting on a long back order list. So selfish I am far from partner.
Now I am done

I agree 100% with what is being said here but people who are flying them in the city over beaches parades ect. Have a far greater chance of hurting someone than a very Conscientious person who wld want nothing to do with injuring anyone how often do birds bring down planes? Most bird strikes happen by airports due to ponds fields Ect. Attracting them now if you think I was not scanning looking for planes you are wrong this all took place in a 15 min span remind you it was over an hr of driving to get to this location I felt was safe. With this being said instead of attacking me over this you cld of gone about it in a different way. Is there a better chance of a airplane hitting it or it falling out of the sky into a group of people. I am not upset I did this I am upset I posted this like I said I was extremely proud of my craft and the antennas before these antennas I was getting 1000 ft out probably due to me. A lot of people look upto you for advice you are a face of DJI do not think you are on the boat to be belittling people or directing rants towards them I AM DONE

How can you see three miles out and 1500' high? Enough said..

PS: These comments are my personal feelings, no where did I say anything about DJI. I do have a right to my opinion without wearing the DJI hat.

One last thing blade I sent a set of spare prop locks to a member and also 2 blades due to another. Due to ones misfortune and because the other wanted to fly safe with prop locks I paid postage and charged nothing so they cld enjoy there crafts instead of waiting on a long back order list. So selfish I am far from partner.
Now I am done

What does that have to do with you breaking the law and endangering people and aircraft? A right doesn't correct and wrong.

I will just drop it and step away from this conversation. Like I said I don't like playing the cop and many people will think what the hell happened to blade strike? But there is no need to fly ANY model at the altitude of 1000-1500'. I'm sorry if you think I was out of place. I was wrong calling you a moron but imho, you had that coming by your action. I would've called anyone of my friends the same, if I heard them doing the same thing. No difference in someone shooting into the woods. More than likely no one is in the woods, but what IF?

Last edited:
So u dragged me back in for a comment guys who fly with goggles are they breakin the law? You have never flown or lost eyesight of yr craft ever Blade EVER? Come on man that single flight was probably safer than 75% of flights made by people

So u dragged me back in for a comment guys who fly with goggles are they breakin the law? You have never flown or lost eyesight of yr craft ever Blade EVER? Come on man that single flight was probably safer than 75% of flights made by people

This has nothing to do with any of that. Please read my post again, I said I didn't have a problem with long distance runs or non-los flying. You did that part in a safe manor. I have a problem with the altitude you were flying at. It's really that simple and not that hard to understand

So if you want to continue this behavior do it, but keep it to yourself. We don't need more idiots doing the same.

We are all worried about getting legislated out of this hobby. Let one of these take out any aircraft causing death will only seal the date on it.

Last edited:
I did my first mini range test today with the new FPVLR antennas. I flew over the wild preserve in front of my neighborhood since there is nothing around in case of any issues. I stopped at a bit over a mile and about 250 feet high. Signal on the HD dropped to about 3 bars but video was strong in terms of quality during the whole flight.

I am assuming I will need to increase my height if I am going to go any further? So in order to do 2 miles, how high would I need to fly? I want to keep a safe and legal height but sometimes you need to push it just a little. ;-)

Attachments

• rangeTest1.jpg
    rangeTest1.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 65

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu