Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fpvlr inspire1 antennas

I got the amplified kit from Tony also. I opened up the transmitter to install it my self. Unfortunately I didn't understand how the ribbon connector worked and I broke it, so I don't get anything off of the USB and HDMI ports. I ordered another transmitter and will sent it to Tony.

When I called Tony to ask if he knew a way to fix the ribbon clip he groaned like it was his transmitter.

Anyway, make sure you understand how that clip works before you mess with it.

The only issue I noticed is the bad picture on second operator remote with the same iPad Air 2. It is possible to control, but not watch. Next time I am going to connect HD monitor hdmi output. And to use operator remote with fpvlr set also. Anybody tried both remotes with fpvlr antennas?

this is not inspire specific but lightbridge, Sircana (owner of ciruclar wireless) on fpv labs and in some spanish forums says a couple of this in the aircraft http://www.circular-wireless.com/en/products-page/skew-planar-wheel/spw24r/ and a couple of this in the Rx unit http://www.circular-wireless.com/en/products-page/helical-modo-axial/heliaxial24/ will improve penetration and distance incredibly.

as doing great distances is not legal in most of Europe they haven't said exactly how much they have improved but some users have pointed 10-15km and that penetration is much better that a few trees or a house wont matter much.

similar to other setups adapter are needed i´m not sure whats inside the inspire controller yet but for the lightbridge unit a MMCX/SMA is needed. i am very tempted to try this out im just not sure were to put the 2 spw24 antennas on the inspire 1.

also important to note while circular wireless antennas are suppose to be one of the bests antennas you can get, their expensive as ****, so i am guessing any circular polarised 2.4ghz antennas will work same thing with the helical. (the 4 CW antennas are 220 euros) but there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Tested with two remotes (2.5W FPVLR and 3W with patch antennas). Good penetration, stable HD, perfect control from both pilot's and operator's remotes. 3000 meters! Translated from HDMI output to monitor. Picture is good.

Where did you get that red plate and hardware to mount your boosters and antenna? I like those harness attachment points to.
www.Secraft.net makes great Tx trays. They are not cheap but with stuff like ours (Inspire), accessories tend to be pricey but solid. Very comfortable and highly adjustable and customizable. The red 3D printed piece came from FPVLR directly. I just had to make two extra holes to use in conjunction with two existing holes in the tray. I also bore out two holes for the small "stand" comprised of two polished cap nuts. I plan to make some modifications to allow the antenna to be slightly more adjustable for easier removal of the Tx since it clicks in and out and I like to be able to hold it free while the weight of the iPad and antennas stay on the harness.

Reactions: James Toh
I install mine... but i think is my fault now it dont connect to usb and also no video feed... well i better send back my radio to dji... lol

Done repair it by my self... Because of the ribbon broken I remove another slave remote to replace it.... Be careful if want to install ur self. The manual show use a pen knife to push off the clip... I did that and break the clip ... So I learn... To remove by only pull a little up of the small plastic lock and it will remove safely... So I need to send my slave remote to dji... Lol no pain no gain hahaha

And tony is a great guy... Easy to communicate .. He even understand my broken English... ;) Tomorrow going to test the system

Reactions: turbodronepilot
My experience with the FPVLR setup

Takeaway:
Increase from 8600 ft stock to 15238 ft with the amps and antenna kit.

Details:
My takeoff point was from a hill about 400 feet above the surrounding land so I had good radio LOS. Prior distance was just over 8600 ft, where I got the first weak video warning, and turned back at that point. Interestingly, I got the same warning at about that point today, but kept going, and it went away, so I might not have reached the maximum on the earlier stock configuration flight. Also, I got other momentary weak video warnings that all went away after 1 or 2 seconds on this flight with the antenna and amp kit.

Eventually I got to 15238 feet, and got the same, but more frequent weak video warnings, along with the return to home battery warning, so I turned around. Periodically, I tried turning the antenna away from the A/C and saw no degradation of the signal at up to 45 degrees off angle.

I set my battery warnings to 10% and 15% so I expected I would get my first RTH battery warning at about 65%, but the warning came at 71%, so my understanding of the battery range warning isn't correct, so I chose not to push it. Also I was running out of unpopulated area.

Testing like this presents a problem because one can’t maintain a visual connection with the A/C at these distances. I bought the amp kit to increase my margins close in, not to run around the ragged edge. I wanted to try this once to roughly gauge what sort of increase I acquired. It looks like about a 77% increase in my environment. There was one set of high tension wires that I flew over about 1/3 of the way out, I estimate they are about 80 feet tall and I was probably about 300 feet above their tops. There were no transmission warnings when I was at my closest to them.

I think the kit provides a good value for the money and Tony was very helpful and provides super fast service. But this mod adds some additional complications: Another component to turn on and off, and charge, and since there are 2 amps and a battery, 3 additional potential failure points. It looks like I can also run it without the amps and just FPVLR's antenna. I will probably do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
Have alook of this !!! Taaadaaaa installation sucess... pretty easy just be carefull... i also add a voltage reader for the bosster battery... so i can also monitor the battery as well... tested i can say wow !!! I feel like unlimited range lolz.. fly far away don't even have a singel bar drop...

Attachments

• 20150625_191027.jpg
    20150625_191027.jpg
    786.5 KB · Views: 57

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac