Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Future upgrades

I know many people are going to be doing real estate shots and stuff. I would like to see them impliment a way to switch to "precision control" mode where as it limits the sticks to about 20% of max. if you are flying in tight quarters it would lower the risk of the machine getting away from you

I think it would be awesome to have a simple, less-expensive dedicated controller for the camera instead of a duplicate controller.

Front (nose) sonar system with a distance display (as our cars do).

I wouldn't get too hopeful about a Ground Station being a guarantee, and most likely severely limited range if it does get released (<200m max). It seems like some of you think the White House incident in January was just a harmless accident by a drunk but I think the Feds sent a very stern message to DJI that they'd better lock down their products because future incidents that get blown up in the media will bring much harsher consequences for all involved (DJI and their customers alike). Secret Service is under a lot of criticism for security breaches and they won't take kindly to some tourist flying an autonomous Inspire 1 into Obama's bedroom window using waypoints!

I'd personally like to see an easy to way to dynamically switch control of an Inspire between two transmitters without having to land the bird or shut anything off. I explained in my other post some examples why this would be a great feature, and it would be fairly easy to implement inside the app. Make it happen, DJI.

I would like to be able to choose a point on the map as a home point by pressing with my finger. Example - if out on a boat and i don't quite fancy landing (choppy water or whatever), then look at the map and find a nearby flat piece of land or a field, and just send it over there if things are about to go wrong. It would be great to be able to have a failsafe landing location without having to take off from there.

I thought I'd seen that this was possible, but I can't find it anywhere in the software.

No not at this point. I can imagine that would come with waypoint/ground station features if they ever come. For now the map is only informative, can't enter anything from it.

guess that's safer at least for the time being - flying over objects is one thing, but stabbing with a fat finger for a landing location is potentially risky. guess I may have to man up and attempt the catch landing for boat use. The 'disable' auto landing gear will be handy for that whenever this new firmware arrives.

I guess I was not aware that the I1 did not support ground station...??? So when you draw on the map of the app and it creates curved lines or whatever, what is that for exactly??? I thought this was ground station course plotting.

Reactions: dcbrewer
Nothing at all. At most a reference for you to look at during the flight.
Or it's a hint that they started on GS functionality but didn't get time to finish before release, who knows.

I guess I was not aware that the I1 did not support ground station...??? So when you draw on the map of the app and it creates curved lines or whatever, what is that for exactly??? I thought this was ground station course plotting.
Looks like GS software to me. I can't believe that the programming of the gs software is that difficult for DJI, giving their experience with such software. Most of the software is open source, like 3dr"s, so why don't they just look at the open source code if they have problems with their programming skills. On 3dr Tower program, you draw a flight line and then the program inserts a series of waypoints along your line for your flight. Pretty simple, and the software is open source. Maybe we have some programmers among us that can port the 3dr Tower program for the Inspire. Or better yet, program a mind control program as here:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/leoking...one-scientists-work-on-groundbreaking-flight/

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
In photo mode, hold down the shutter button for 1-2 secs. An arc will appear beside the button. The bottom selection allows interval shooting of once every 5, 7, 10, 20 or 30 secs.
I found this option but can't seem to make it work. Anybody know how?

coming from a commercial car photographer point of view, if anything that needs to change, it's the lens first. the currentl exmos sensor has already push the lens past it's limit.

Looks like GS software to me. I can't believe that the programming of the gs software is that difficult for DJI, giving their experience with such software. Most of the software is open source, like 3dr"s, so why don't they just look at the open source code if they have problems with their programming skills. On 3dr Tower program, you draw a flight line and then the program inserts a series of waypoints along your line for your flight. Pretty simple, and the software is open source. Maybe we have some programmers among us that can port the 3dr Tower program for the Inspire. Or better yet, program a mind control program as here:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/leoking...one-scientists-work-on-groundbreaking-flight/

Enjoy life and be nice

you have on consider something, they cant exactly do proper testing in china because of china offset in the maps. which makes it even more confusing for them.

I wish they will add preset movements like 3DR solo does (or should do), expanding the POI function that is not yet available. Another good feature should be "record move" in order to create a set of your own movements to be replied in different situations. This is the trend of features for drones dedicated to video shots

I would like to see enhanced cameras with zoom capability! Waypoint programing and maybe an optional joystick type controller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions