Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Going down fast

Reaction score
Hi all, i have another newbie question.

Lets say im flying at max altitude, 500m, and i want to go down fast, until now, i never pushed left stick to bottom, scared of turning off the motors, so i have a slow descend couse i dont want to know by own experience if it indeed turn off the motors when its flying or not, so

someone of you knows for sure if that would happens?

is there a better way to go down fast?

is there some way to disable that method of turning off motors and let only the same we do for start them?

thanks

You can push the stick all the way down when in the air. It won't turn off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, i will not doubt of you, but still looking for confirmation

So exactly how do you propose to get that confirmation? If you are not willing to accept that answer as true, the only other option is to try it yourself. Which removes the need for your question.

It is true, btw. Throttle stick full down will not shut the motors, if the bird is flying. BUT, please do not take my word for it. Only try it yourself.

Reactions: Kilrah
I was hoping that at least 1 or more person says the same or some "check on manual's page ##"
Anyway thanks

thanks, i will not doubt of you, but still looking for confirmation
u can full stick down in air. its sensors tell it its in air and it does not power down in flight. (at least in GPS MODE) for atti i haven't tried

what i did on the phantom 2 was to go into manual mode if the aircraft was high up, then left stick down to stop rotors, it went obviously down quite quickly and at >100m turn to GPS mode again and it stabilizes itself perfectly. did this dozens of times, never had a problem .. that was a VERY quick way of going down.

but inspire is a different beast (with different price tag). and i doubt this is possible at all as there is no such manual mode, right? (which i think is better anyway:) )

thomas

No manual mode on the Inspire.
As long as their is decreasing pressure on the barometer the FC will not shut down the motors.
CSC will!!!

Last edited:
what i did on the phantom 2 was to go into manual mode if the aircraft was high up, then left stick down to stop rotors, it went obviously down quite quickly and at >100m turn to GPS mode again and it stabilizes itself perfectly.
BUT left stick down in the air DOESN"T stop the motors or the props at all.
You've misunderstood what was happening with your Phantom.
If it had stopped things, flicking back to GPS isn't going to restart the motors - is it?
Your motors kept going the whole time - which is what they do when you go left stick full down in flight.
It's the standard way to descent in a Phantom done by most owners and definitely doesn't stop motors in flight.

Hi all, i have another newbie question.

Lets say im flying at max altitude, 500m, and i want to go down fast,...

Let's say we're hoping you're not flying at 500m. That scenario is fraught with major issues. Please, don't give your local authorities reason to ban quads.

Fly save; flying smart, so we all can!

When descending fast you introduce the possibility as well as increase the probability of a vortex ring state.

When descending fast you introduce the possibility as well as increase the probability of a vortex ring state.
I was just going to mention this. I always try to spiral down even with left stick full down to avoid Vortex Ring State. It's not hard with a little practice. Start by zig-zagging left to right or forward and back.

Reactions: johnmont250
I've done it many times. She won't switch off.
I did it last Saturday. No issue. It does wobble a bit during the decent. Some say it's due to ring vortex. Moving forward with full down is no issue.
Just be aware of the CSC (fly forward - you're good. Fly backwards, bank and turn, and down - ohoh).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry