Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
If you change the camera head it becomes a nightmare. I have one that I can't get. If you have the same head and just repacace an arm. you must mark where the nuts are with a magic marker. Don't touch the ones you don't change. Then you just have to tweak the one. You can replace the ribbon cable without removing the nuts. The nuts have a magnetic north. the camera head is where the info is stored and no 2 seem to adjust the same.

I changed the camera head of one just now and I am kind of lost. I know I have to calibrate every magnet now, but do I also have to use the magnets and boards from the old gimbal?

I have a gimbal that works perfectly but it doesnt give out any image, and the I have another one that is broken but the sensor does work. So I want to install the sensor from this one into the one that doesnt give any image. Im just lost on what I have to do. Thank you

In my humble opinion I would repair the broken one as the magnets are probably set correctly. I have just changed the camera head and it was a nightmare. You can leave the esc boards and magnetic nuts in place but they will not be set correctly for that head. All 3 have to be correct. I did it but it took me a week. I did the yaw first then the roll then the pitch. By the time I got it right I had no hair left. I would much rather replace the yaw arm or the roll. In that case all you have to do is mark where the nuts are before you start. Take photos of then with the mark.

In my humble opinion I would repair the broken one as the magnets are probably set correctly. I have just changed the camera head and it was a nightmare. You can leave the esc boards and magnetic nuts in place but they will not be set correctly for that head. All 3 have to be correct. I did it but it took me a week. I did the yaw first then the roll then the pitch. By the time I got it right I had no hair left. I would much rather replace the yaw arm or the roll. In that case all you have to do is mark where the nuts are before you start. Take photos of then with the mark.

Yeah the problem is that the broken one was already disassembled by the customer so I dont have the magnets in the positions. Yeah its been a real nightmare until now.
Do you have any pointers for me? From what i have read for the yaw you just have to make it align with drone position that it shows on the app, so that the are both pointing at the same direction. And I do have it like that. But with the roll and pitch I am kind of lost. What can I use a guide?

I have seen in the app some alerts of the roll movement limit reached, when the roll arm is at a level position so I guess its still bad. With the pitch I am just seeing the pitch indicator on the app but im not sure thats a good indicator as it sometimes moves when I move the roll axis. If you have any pointers I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Not really. Once the yaw is point straight ahead it is a matter of getting the other 2 close to correct and then tweaking them. It has been a while sense I tried to do it. can you put up a video of how it is doing right now?

Not really. Once the yaw is point straight ahead it is a matter of getting the other 2 close to correct and then tweaking them. It has been a while sense I tried to do it. can you put up a video of how it is doing right now?
I'm at this point right now
The yaw does seem to work, the pitch the position according to the app is facing up a little but I cannot figure out the roll. I am guiding myself with the roll limit reached alert from the app and in theory it's good on both limits or at least close. Any advice?

Also right now only the roll motor is getting how so I think that's the one with problems. Am I right to assume that?

Does the roll motor seem to be trying to move? If it is actually working, you have to move the nut on the roll a little bit at a time. Be sure to mark where it is when you start. Make sure it is not too tight. Go ccw.

Does the roll motor seem to be trying to move? If it is actually working, you have to move the nut on the roll a little bit at a time. Be sure to mark where it is when you start. Make sure it is not too tight. Go ccw.
So I have it right now to the point where it does stabilize just that the roll is wrong and the pitch also.
Any advice for this?

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_194651.jpg
    IMG_20200220_194651.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Looks to me like the pitch may be ok. tweak the roll just a little. Remember to mark the nut before you start so you can go back to it in case you turn the nut the wrong way and make it worse. Once they are all correct, use Red Loctite thread locker to keep them from moving. If the nuts turn hard you may not have to do that. I always do..

Can anyone tell me what to do or what is wrong with my X3 camera, as it not reconized by the app when I boot it up, is there a fix for this. Thanks in advance

Hi everyone,

can someone reshare these files:

X3 repair Jason - Google Drive.
X3 gimbal repair - Google Drive

I would appreciate all the help there is including working videos to do this recalibration. Are there possibility of ordering gimbal only? If not what pieces can be ordered from inside the gimbal if any.

I had a crash, camera video works, yet gimbal acts weird, i opened it myself and tried to tackle the big screws as shown yet I did not knew what to look for.

Hi everyone,

can someone reshare these files:

X3 repair Jason - Google Drive.
X3 gimbal repair - Google Drive

I would appreciate all the help there is including working videos to do this recalibration. Are there possibility of ordering gimbal only? If not what pieces can be ordered from inside the gimbal if any.

I had a crash, camera video works, yet gimbal acts weird, i opened it myself and tried to tackle the big screws as shown yet I did not knew what to look for.
Both links are dead.

yes unless someone who placed there first can repost them. Or if someone saved their content, also all 4 videos are dead...

Good luck if you get'er done! And you're able to find missing files! If all that goes south, you can still obtain the end goal.

You can send to DJI service, state not fully operational and calibration not accurate.

They'll repair and return... doubt for much cost.

Repaired 3- Z3's for me, 2 of which I purchased on eBay in a broken INOP state, 3rd Unit had calibration way off and SIMM card slot was fussy to remove card. The receipts required as proof of purchase... PayPal, etc. is only main hassle on older parts. DJI Service repaired all 3 within a week from receiving & zero customer cost and provided free shipping (emailed ship label) both ways.

Zero Cost to Repair all 3 units, all broken in different ways. Their revamped Service Repair a few years ago has been a huge improvement in service, shipping and communication. Once Ticket is generated, you can get online to see current status or directly communicate with Tech working on repair.

Thanks for the reply, the only issue is that I am located in Czech republic here we have no Authorised DJI Service in whole country, so well have to send it to germany, they are known for everything overpriced. So I am not sure its a good alternative to try to push towards service something out of warrannty like an X3 and or my Inspire 1 drone.

Agree, that may not be as smooth for your neighborhood.

Good luck on repair... on a older X3.

Another option, purchase a X3 or Z3... may want to do that just for a spare if you're planning to fly the I1 for a bit of time.

On Inspire classifies, a X3 for sale. May be available to ship.

I also agree with that, yet just a bit overpriced. Thing is camera works fine, gimbal has issues surely.

[QUOTE="CosmicSound, post: 215812, member: So I am not sure its a good alternative to try to push towards service something out of warrannty like an X3 and or my Inspire 1 drone.
[/QUOTE]
Regarding out of warranty... that doesn't really matter, least to my multiple repairs of various items over last few years. I've found them very receptive to repair old cameras too. When I sent the Z3's in last year, I too expected them to state End of Life... but they repaired better than new.

I wouldn't write it off... I'd at least check it out.

I also agree with that, yet just a bit overpriced. Thing is camera works fine, gimbal has issues surely.
Ya that makes it frustrating... on these older components. Without the Gimbal, it's INOP even if camera is functional.

Regarding prices... fully agree with ya, prices often higher than expected. But the more rare it gets, the nice clean components are going to climb upward. The Z3 often goes for $1000 or more... finding at $800 feels like a steel.

The mid $300's for a X3 as listed in classified isn't out of range in today's market.

Reactions: CosmicSound

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips