Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I1 remote customization

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am in the midst of trying to upgrade my remote control's antennae.

I have seen pics of others doing the same.

A brief inspection of the RC reveals 4 screws on the back for the Hdmi ports cover. Is this a good starting point?

Looking for your advice before I break something.

Thanks

Hi folks,

A brief inspection of the RC reveals 4 screws on the back for the Hdmi ports cover. Is this a good starting point?

Thanks
It's not advisable to mod your rc unless you're good at soldering on a micro board..
turbo. .

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Hi folks,

Thanks

And if you need to come on a forum and ask if the 4 screws you see are a good place to start taking the remote apart......it's probably not advisable you go any further.

And if you need to come on a forum and ask if the 4 screws you see are a good place to start taking the remote apart......it's probably not advisable you go any further.
agree :) lol
youtube... if you have the spare amount of money to buy another one...

Reactions: PB30X
Hi folks,

Thanks

I prefer to let somone that knows what they are doing. I have Tony at FPIR working on mine. He has three levels of antenna and amp choices and he is proven. Cheap no, good...No great!

Do I really need to be the guy to say enough with the sarcasm? I am sorry if I didn't take the time to give you my resume or my background. No, I am not going online to ask simply about 4 screws. I was in a hurry and was kind of hoping someone would just say, yep, that is the starting point and here is where you go from there..

I learn a lot from reading this forum. I also learn how many can jump on the bandwagon like a pack of wolves when blood is in the air.

This IS a hobby. I asked a question which, of course, I still did not get an answer. What I did get is a bunch of low life sarcastic answers.

@ Daniel - I have read great things about Tony and his work. I don't want to send my RC off just yet. I'd rather learn/refine my skills in attempt to do it myself.

@turbodronepilot - I do have experience soldiering. Not sure what I have to deal with once I open up the RC. I have repaired the main circuit board twice on my previous P2's. Also working on a custom gimbal for my FLIR Tau 2 640. I just got the Wearsaver board which will be easier to work with than playing around with the VPC board.

And while I am not an expert drone guy, I can at least recognize that I have a lot to learn. I'd rather be learning a new craft then spending my spare time trolling around on the forums.

Reactions: BrianSelf
Do I really need to be the guy to say enough with the sarcasm? I am sorry if I didn't take the time to give you my resume or my background. No, I am not going online to ask simply about 4 screws. I was in a hurry and was kind of hoping someone would just say, yep, that is the starting point and here is where you go from there..

I learn a lot from reading this forum. I also learn how many can jump on the bandwagon like a pack of wolves when blood is in the air.

This IS a hobby. I asked a question which, of course, I still did not get an answer. What I did get is a bunch of low life sarcastic answers.

@ Daniel - I have read great things about Tony and his work. I don't want to send my RC off just yet. I'd rather learn/refine my skills in attempt to do it myself.

@turbodronepilot - I do have experience soldiering. Not sure what I have to deal with once I open up the RC. I have repaired the main circuit board twice on my previous P2's. Also working on a custom gimbal for my FLIR Tau 2 640. I just got the Wearsaver board which will be easier to work with than playing around with the VPC board.

And while I am not an expert drone guy, I can at least recognize that I have a lot to learn. I'd rather be learning a new craft then spending my spare time trolling around on the forums.
I feel ya gbizzy ..
I was just passing on what I learned from trolling on here and trying to help out..sorry I didn't give you the answer you wanted to hear..
Im all for doing it yourself. .
sounds like you have the skills necessary to pull it off. .
go for it!!!
Turbotroll...lol..

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Hi folks,

Thanks
A few things to bear in mind when modifying your transmitter.

1. You will void any warranty you have on the product (but you probably realise that and it's YOUR device so your choice)
2. Depending on where you are located in the world you will be breaking the law by using a modified fixed antenna transmitting device since you will be altering the EIRP emitted by using antennas with a higher gain. (Perhaps you are aware of that and choose to ignore it......again your choice)
3. A badly modified TX or poor antenna design will increase the standing wave ratio and possibly cause the final output stage of your transmitter to heat up and ultimately fail necessitating a costly repair.

I cannot condone or advise the pros or cons of such modifications but felt I should point out some factors that you may not be aware of.

Again, it is YOUR equipment and you are free to do what you want with it.

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks for the advice. I am not looking to set distance records. What I find is that in Search and Rescue scenarios, its easy to put some distance between the UAV and myself if I fly towards the mountains LoS. I was hoping to create a base station like a handful of others have done by externalizing the antennae. I know there is more to it than that. There was a Search and Rescue tonight that I could have assisted with but the range I needed to cover was beyond the capabilities of my Tx. I think they are still looking for the hiker even though air support has been called off.

i'd really check youtube about linking and extending antennas. someone somewhere has surley done it before... i didnt mean to be sarcastic. sorry. i thought of when something really goes wrong to have a backup.

And people wonder why there are so many postings of crashes, flyaways and dead Inspires? How about learning to use the equipment as it's meant to be straight out of the box?

I am very interested in thermal imagery and what your experiences have been using it?

I m curious about color thermal using it for agricultural crops and possibly in some uses on finding wild hogs and their control. We have millions of dollars in damaged crops due to wild hogs in the Gulf Coast of Texas.

Reactions: kcobello
Thanks for turning the troll bus around folks. I will have a look for that youtube video.

Cheers
I think you did that yourself, and quite well I would add. Kudos. Some people can not handle it that well. ;)

Reactions: qbizzy
I actually didn't think of being it in means of having no intention. my english is just not that good sometimes. sorry.
that's for my part though.
I try to stay nice as long as they are nice to me... :D

I am very interested in thermal imagery and what your experiences have been using it?

I m curious about color thermal using it for agricultural crops and possibly in some uses on finding wild hogs and their control. We have millions of dollars in damaged crops due to wild hogs in the Gulf Coast of Texas.

I too am excited of what can be done with FLIR. Since there are no custom gimbals available that works with the I1, I will most likely use my P2 which is recovering from playing Plinko with an Oak Tree.

There are two companies to pay attention to: Sightline Solutions out of Oregon and Microhard in Calgary, AB. I am working with both companies to make some neat encoding and down streaming capabilities. Both companies have a lot of experience working with FLIR. Both companies currently make components that are used in the military-grade UAVs and... both will be at AUVSI.

As soon as I get my Tau up in the air, I will gladly post some pics. For now, here are some pics of my dog in my backyard, in pure darkness. IMG_7748.PNG IMG_7749.PNG IMG_7750.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters