Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 noise (Issue identified)

Reaction score
My two-week old I2 started making a high pitched pinging, beeping-like sound (it was not actually beeping) while hovering or making gentle maneuvers. Other than the noise, it has been stable and responsive and no issues at all (~3 hours and 10 flights). This noise started occurring on my 3rd flight. Video attached.

The props are brand new, no damages, they were seated snugly without any play. When turning the props by hand, they were all smooth, no strange or clicking noise. After the flight the motors were all about the same temperature.

Anything else I can check? Is this something to be worried about?

Thanks for your input.

Alex

Seems like it could be the gimbal making those sounds as it only occurs when you are yawing the aircraft.

My two-week old I2 started making a high pitched pinging, beeping-like sound (it was not actually beeping) while hovering or making gentle maneuvers. Other than the noise, it has been stable and responsive and no issues at all (~3 hours and 10 flights). This noise started occurring on my 3rd flight. Video attached.

The props are brand new, no damages, they were seated snugly without any play. When turning the props by hand, they were all smooth, no strange or clicking noise. After the flight the motors were all about the same temperature.

Anything else I can check? Is this something to be worried about?

Thanks for your input.

Alex

Your not alone. I get to same sound.

Have you tried powering on the I2 and then picking it up and turning it so the gimbal has to engage to see if the noise is present?

I tried the following:

1) Hand hold the I2 and rotate. Gimbal makes noise when yawing.

2) Remove X5S from I2 and perform same hovering and yawing as in my previous video, the noise disappears.

So at this point I'm pretty sure it is the gimbal. An RMA has been filed with the vendor.

Thanks for your input @r62ewa. You are spot on.

I tried the following:

1) Hand hold the I2 and rotate. Gimbal makes noise when yawing.

2) Remove X5S from I2 and perform same hovering and yawing as in my previous video, the noise disappears.

So at this point I'm pretty sure it is the gimbal. An RMA has been filed with the vendor.

Thanks for your input @r62ewa. You are spot on.
Any updates, I have the same issue, debating on sending in for repair.

After exchanging for a new X5S, the noise persisted. Subsequent flying the I2 by itself (without X5S) resulted the same sound being present (I don’t know why the noise wasn’t there the first time I flew it without the gimbal). I ended up exchanging for a new I2 before my 30 day was up. Now all is well. No more noise.

Throughout this, I’d like to thank @Advexure for their prompt replies to my email inquiries even though I did not purchase the items from them. I will be sure to use them for future services.

After exchanging for a new X5S, the noise persisted. Subsequent flying the I2 by itself (without X5S) resulted the same sound being present (I don’t know why the noise wasn’t there the first time I flew it without the gimbal). I ended up exchanging for a new I2 before my 30 day was up. Now all is well. No more noise.

Throughout this, I’d like to thank @Advexure for their prompt replies to my email inquiries even though I did not purchase the items from them. I will be sure to use them for future services.
10;4

Glad our team could assist along the way and that you are back airborne with no more noise. Safe flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips