Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

If You are having Image Transmission Signal Issues READ THIS!

for comparison these are the specs at the Apple products I was looking at. iPad 9.7inch would be a decent buy as it is cheaper then the mini and more powerful ( though probably needs more power to run smoothly ) but it doesn't have anti reflective coating on the screen and after using the iPad mini 4 with the coating it would be hard to go back to a screen with that glare.

Reactions: zpdana24
Thanks emery! Think they'll release (any rumors) another iPad or just another phone?

FINALLY FROM THE LIPS OF DJI !! lol

screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-11-16-26-pm-png.14587

all firmware updated? and I am running a x5r
Ya know I need to see what firmware it shows now. Had some life things pull me away and all. But yea now I'm curious to see what all versions of everything is running..

I was using iPhone 6 plus for mavic, but when I got the inspire I instantly lost the video feed or lost usable video feed....
I haven't been able to use ios devices with older cpu than that a9.... The first device equipped with it was iPhone 6s. Now I fly with 2017 ipad 9.7" without any problems...

Last edited:
I have a lot of transmission issues. iPhone 7 plus. Latest FW. In goes in and out constantly even with full signal. Environment doesn't matter. Sometimes it'll work great with interference detected, other times in the middle of the country it's absolutely unusable. There doesn't seem to be any order to the chaos!!! I suppose it's the nature of the beast. Btw, I have 3 inspires, all act the same way, v1's and v2's

Anyone with the inspire 2 experience intermittent video feed without obvious reason? Just wondering if it's the same or better.

Reactions: Filsonian
I have a lot of transmission issues. iPhone 7 plus. Latest FW. In goes in and out constantly even with full signal. Environment doesn't matter. Sometimes it'll work great with interference detected, other times in the middle of the country it's absolutely unusable. There doesn't seem to be any order to the chaos!!! I suppose it's the nature of the beast. Btw, I have 3 inspires, all act the same way, v1's and v2's

Anyone with the inspire 2 experience intermittent video feed without obvious reason? Just wondering if it's the same or better.

I've had the same issue with P4P. I sent it back to DJI and it was returned "fixed." It was better for a while, but has returned to glitchy issues. I may resort back to original factory firmware. While I'm not one for misery loving company, at least the issue seems to flow across all the platforms.

I've had the same issue with P4P. I sent it back to DJI and it was returned "fixed." It was better for a while, but has returned to glitchy issues. I may resort back to original factory firmware. While I'm not one for misery loving company, at least the issue seems to flow across all the platforms.
Funniest part is, sometimes the inspire will start up and never have transmission, if I turn off, remove camera, reinstall camera, start drone it'll work again. Or no transmission on start up, I go to turn off and as soon as I press the battery button it'll transmit on my screen for a split second before turning off. This stuff happens after successfully flights moments earlier. I just can't wrap my head around it!

This morning we were practicing. On the 3rd flight about 1/2 way through I lost video. I happened to be flying with an HDMI monitor and iPad Pro 9.7 in the controller. Video went to a black screen on both screens, although telemetry was all 100% and the "HD" icon showed full bars. Before landing I watched the gimbal as I moved it manually using the wheel and it seemed to perform normally. Didn't think to try moving the gimbal in free mode using the app. 4th flight was fine, no issues at all. Note that video just quit, it stopped when I snapped a still image. The ring around the app shutter release button just kept spinning. I used the controller shutter release though). Not running latest firmware release, one back from current.

The most ironic thing is that i have an Ipad mini 2 and a Samsung S7.
With the Ipad mini2 I have constantly the "no image transmission issue" .... with the Samsung S7 the DJI GO App crashes... SO WHAT????

What a pain! Updated inspire 1 pro and phantom 3 pro then flew both all day today. Had to keep logging off and on to clear 30/50m limits. Terrible transmission of video on both aircraft regardless of distance. Flew 12 batteries of flights and none of them worked well.

What a pain! Updated inspire 1 pro and phantom 3 pro then flew both all day today. Had to keep logging off and on to clear 30/50m limits. Terrible transmission of video on both aircraft regardless of distance. Flew 12 batteries of flights and none of them worked well.

I hate to hear that. This was a major issue for me for quite a while with the inspire 1.

Whatever I did, I rarely have trouble anymore. Worst issue I get now is it'll boot up with no transmission, in which I would power down, detach camera, reattach camera and boot back up. But that's rare and easy enough to deal with I don't think twice about it.

I can't say for sure what fixed it. But the last thing I did was throw away every single cord I owned for the radio/phone and bought new. I also started using a different set of radios, mainly because the radio I was using had loose feeling antennas and I noticed if I accidentally touched the base of one (right side mainly) the video feed would break up. I didn't take the time to try to "fix" them and just bound my other radio.

Good luck

FWIW for you guys using older iPads and not wanting to spend a ton.......I had been using using an iPad Air 2 for my I1 with relatively few issues until I upgraded to a 10.5 Pro (scene brightness sold me, it was either that or crystal sky and I wanted app flexibility). My point is that the eBay sale value and trade in value for the Air 2 was appallingly low....less than 200 bucks. You can probably get ahold of one on the cheap. Hope it helps somebody. Fly safe

does the Litchi app have processing issues viewing video on a ipad mini 1st gen?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz