Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

If You are having Image Transmission Signal Issues READ THIS!

or possibly Canadian ;)
Agreed! Heck anywhere that actually takes pride in product. Makes sure that firmware doesn't kill hardware, can admit if something has went wrong and make it right without excuses.

I really wonder how many camera boards "just broke down" (April tech support quote from dji) WITHOUT just being updated firmware wise!!

I bet not to many! But once this latest round of firmware has come out and everyone pulling drones out of storage like mine go to update and bam! Surprise! Google is your friend!
As of now it's even happened with a LOAD of cases on phantoms as well!!

It becomes even more confusing because many people operate with the iPad mini 2 with no issues, yet removing it from the equation fixed my problem.... WHO KNOWS!

Just flew with iPhone 7 with zero issues.

D*** iPhone 5s and iPad mini 2 are just obsolete..for me atleast.

seems to be a growing issue.
Yup, the one difference which seems to be clear if it's one issue or the other. No signal image transmission at all, NONE seems to be a lot of the updated firmware and its dead after.

Or as your issue has been, intermittent, people have changed devices with luck.

Honestly none of us should have to figure out work arounds at all. It should work normal a reasonable amount of time.

20 flights and a dead camera board is not a reasonable amount of time. And no crashed no hard landings
Just firmware update **POOF**

To be fair though this "work around" is going to be more expensive then yours... as I now have to buy two comparable android tablets..

I have not fully given up on the iPads but it seems if this next test flight works ( with the iPads ) I will have to make concessions, such as

No more video cache ( which I understand to mean that I can't play back what I just shot to see if we got the shot which is lame.)

remove everything else from the iPad ( which is actually fine because they were bought for the sole purpose of flying the UAV )

if your's is 100% at the end of this, which is 50/50 as I have been a victim of there "quality control", I would thank my lucky stars and move on.
as shite as that sounds.

To be fair though this "work around" is going to be more expensive then yours... as I now have to buy two comparable android tablets..

I have not fully given up on the iPads but it seems if this next test flight works ( with the iPads ) I will have to make concessions, such as

No more video cache ( which I understand to mean that I can't play back what I just shot to see if we got the shot which is lame.)

remove everything else from the iPad ( which is actually fine because they were bought for the sole purpose of flying the UAV )

if your's is 100% at the end of this, which is 50/50 as I have been a victim of there "quality control", I would thank my lucky stars and move on.
as shite as that sounds.
Ironically you've said your has progressed worse with each firmware update. What's ironic your hardware hasn't changed other wise. Mine firmware update and fried hardware after.
Still both based on firmware updates.
Makes me really wonder do they test these "updates" or even check for potential issues? Probably not just cram em out.

In all reality it takes one engineer to be given a all clear and allowed to fully test and make sure no issues are caused. But i guess that's typical us consumers can think of logical solutions and think for the consumers and not just how to get extra income on the side.

Waiting on the drone and "dead" camera board to head back here. Since I'm 15 miles from the repair center once they send it out I'll have it next day. I'll post up what everything looks like and how it all is after "repair".

Lemme know how yours works out! Wish ya best of luck and if ever updating firmware gooluck!

did not work ( slightly better ) buying android tablets... look forward to hearing how yours turns out hopefully well.

Time to sell my iPad mini 2 on the mavic forms.

Is dji wanting us to buy their crystal sky and are phasing out iPads? Or am I safe to buy an iPad Pro 2017 and get years of use?

just spent $1230 on I pad mini 4 still had a couple small glitches but fixed... worried that DJI will make my mini 4 obsolete though. also apple only offers a 128gb mini now which is way more expensive then the old min 2s. I have half a mind to return them and go with the iPad Pro at least they should have longevity and nearly 800 each they better!

Ironically you've said your has progressed worse with each firmware update. What's ironic your hardware hasn't changed other wise. Mine firmware update and fried hardware after.
Still both based on firmware updates.
Makes me really wonder do they test these "updates" or even check for potential issues? Probably not just cram em out.

In all reality it takes one engineer to be given a all clear and allowed to fully test and make sure no issues are caused. But i guess that's typical us consumers can think of logical solutions and think for the consumers and not just how to get extra income on the side.

Waiting on the drone and "dead" camera board to head back here. Since I'm 15 miles from the repair center once they send it out I'll have it next day. I'll post up what everything looks like and how it all is after "repair".

Lemme know how yours works out! Wish ya best of luck and if ever updating firmware gooluck!

with the sceptical thought and really hooing for you that it will turn out good i am not sure DJI repair center will send you your broken parts but some broken real fried pcb stating that was yours. i know you marked it but still the thought of them trying to save their *** brought me to this... i really hope and wish for you for the situation to turn into the good for you. i did not touch the updates since 1.4 and not olaning to. i am also not sure why people update in the second stuff comes out specially when it is their work unit... i am not intending to offend but trying to understand. we all know DJI and updates = armageddon for our nerves and as it seems hardware... why try to fix something that actually works fine?
for some minor comfortable features?
ok some things have been addressed that were critical but a lot did set us back with some problems never solved but created new ones that have never been fixed or addressed...

if DJI would really care and not make ******** firmware messing with our units making them unusable in some cases and fuss around with the ones that made the company what it is today (us) we'd be happy customers... and also willing to help. at times i have the feeling this relationship is one sided for the benefit of DJI and Mr Frank Wang... starting to act like bill gates...

just my 2c
no offense to anyone on this forum.
best of muck and hope they will refund your money.
cheers

with the sceptical thought and really hooing for you that it will turn out good i am not sure DJI repair center will send you your broken parts but some broken real fried pcb stating that was yours. i know you marked it but still the thought of them trying to save their *** brought me to this... i really hope and wish for you for the situation to turn into the good for you. i did not touch the updates since 1.4 and not olaning to. i am also not sure why people update in the second stuff comes out specially when it is their work unit... i am not intending to offend but trying to understand. we all know DJI and updates = armageddon for our nerves and as it seems hardware... why try to fix something that actually works fine?
for some minor comfortable features?
ok some things have been addressed that were critical but a lot did set us back with some problems never solved but created new ones that have never been fixed or addressed...

if DJI would really care and not make ******** firmware messing with our units making them unusable in some cases and fuss around with the ones that made the company what it is today (us) we'd be happy customers... and also willing to help. at times i have the feeling this relationship is one sided for the benefit of DJI and Mr Frank Wang... starting to act like bill gates...

just my 2c
no offense to anyone on this forum.
best of muck and hope they will refund your money.
cheers
At least gates is practicing philanthropy!, and they even just released a xp patch for a discovered severe flaw. Over all miscrosoft without admitting a frack up will release fixes. Not more breaks!
Look at millennium they fixed that by getting rid of that mistake lol!!

Yea DJI has had the market but their really loosing their grip! To many issues to many cases of bad customer service. And hell cant even get a straight answer out of them..

Well bird is back and flying with eyes. They didn't return any parts. But apparently also swapped out my camera housing (I marked mine)..
Will do some testing.
Apparently my iPad is a air2 not mini 2 but it seemed to show the live feed fine. I didn't fly more than 10 feet up and at most 20 feet away.

Testing at work and I'm in a few blocks on a 5 mile radius.

Oddly though my drone wanders more now post their "repair" than it did before.
I'll check my calibrations again tomorrow but they seemed good.

Also if anyone suspect this so called "just broke down" after a firmware update Id say just buy a new cam. It's 50 more than they charged for the repair. I got side tracked more today and next few days with my actual car having issues.

as iPad mini 4 is still not perfect and I am worried that DJI with a simple update will make it obsolete ( phatzo just incase of forced update or something along those lines) I am returning the Mini for I pad pro 9.7in. extra 400 but when you have already spent 1200 seems silly not to have protect that investment. if it were September I would probably just upgrade to a iPhone 7s plus as they are way more powerful then any of the iPads.

hopefully that does it for me and this thread! hopefully it has been helpful to others.

as iPad mini 4 is still not perfect and I am worried that DJI with a simple update will make it obsolete ( phatzo just incase of forced update or something along those lines) I am returning the Mini for I pad pro 9.7in. extra 400 but when you have already spent 1200 seems silly not to have protect that investment. if it were September I would probably just upgrade to a iPhone 7s plus as they are way more powerful then any of the iPads.

hopefully that does it for me and this thread! hopefully it has been helpful to others.
Good luck..
Mine seems good with a iPad Air 2. And it's a Inspire 1v1. 388 at Wally World online right now..
Not sure why also seems good on my iPhone 5s..

My 5s did work...not anymore. iPad mini 2 never worked. I bought the Inspire 1 v2 in May.

That's what I'm afraid of...if I don't get the iPad Pro I feel like dji firmware will make anything else I get obsolete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm