Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

If You are having Image Transmission Signal Issues READ THIS!

trying to work through the problems but it all just seems so archaic. hopefully if I mess with it it will magically come back to life. Once again the DJI either doesn't have a clue, doesn't care or doesn't have the infrastructure to deal with the mountain of issues new tech brings.. especially new tech that is controlled by people. It has been worth having this drone as the product ( when it works ) is amazing but this has been the biggest nightmare piece of equipment I have ever had to deal with. Cant understand why of all things it is the firmware that seems to be killing it!

Here Is my update!
Dji sent me their "quotation" $403 USD! Their claim is main camera board fried!. Their dancing around my question. Question plain and damned simple! How can a firmware update "destroy" a main camera board!!

Their answer a load of crap dance and no straight answer!
I also said I figured it was out of warranty!
I put this on my credit card so
If there is any issues or still not right when it comes back I have recourse.

But here below is their pretty much canned reply.

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Upon checking the case, the unit is already out of the warranty period. We apologize but we can't provide the specific information with regards to the unit's issue as there was no flight analysis conducted.

Please refer to this screenshot of the policy if the unit is already outside the warranty period:

pEgp2zQz8GgxOkQTJjsRZ17sw

And here's the link for further details: After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,
April

Here Is my update!
Dji sent me their "quotation" $403 USD! Their claim is main camera board fried!. Their dancing around my question. Question plain and damned simple! How can a firmware update "destroy" a main camera board!!

Their answer a load of crap dance and no straight answer!
I also said I figured it was out of warranty!
I put this on my credit card so
If there is any issues or still not right when it comes back I have recourse.

But here below is their pretty much canned reply.

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Upon checking the case, the unit is already out of the warranty period. We apologize but we can't provide the specific information with regards to the unit's issue as there was no flight analysis conducted.

Please refer to this screenshot of the policy if the unit is already outside the warranty period:

pEgp2zQz8GgxOkQTJjsRZ17sw

And here's the link for further details: After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,
April

that is the point where you know you messed up (DJI did) but still want to save you butt by saying something stupid that kind of sounds normal so the costumer gets pissed but still goes for it in hope that the problem will be solved...
if the camera is the problem and fryed why don't you buy just the camera for a bit more? -which cam do you have?
i would check the camera pcb for burns and smell. if it did fry it will stink.

that is the point where you know you messed up (DJI did) but still want to save you butt by saying something stupid that kind of sounds normal so the costumer gets pissed but still goes for it in hope that the problem will be solved...
if the camera is the problem and fryed why don't you buy just the camera for a bit more? -which cam do you have?
i would check the camera pcb for burns and smell. if it did fry it will stink.
I have thought about that, ordering a new or used camera, it's the stock x3 that came with the drone.
As of now it's a dance of avoidance from them (DJI). I didn't notice any smell myself. Amazes me though a firmware update causing it to if not fry but some how killed the main camera board.
As of now i did the payment via PayPal and funded through my credit card so I'm not left high and dry. If it comes back and there is any issues what so ever I'll have protection from PayPal and if they blow me off then I can talk to my credit card company.

It's funny the guy is buying the drone from hasn't even been paid. He and i talked and said let's see how much dji charges before we finalize our deal. Sadly it was fine pre update. But he was offering me a awesome deal BEFORE the repair! Cool guy from forums im on, he is switching to mini racing drones.
Inspire 1 2 chargers fast and standard, iPad 2 new batteries (ones he had when pulled out of storage committed suicide bloated 6 months stored.) whole deal ready to fly. (Or WAS).

So yea I suckered in and payed but with my *** covered if there is any issues at all!. I also marked each part very slightly and took pics to make sure I get back ALL of my own sent in gear. I also told DJI I want any and all parts that they swapped out.

Have to say I almost regret this deal as of now because it's DJI. Depending on how everything goes maybe I'll switch to a Autel or something and sell this one once the seller and I square up.

Also wonder how long if any warranty DJI will offer on the repaired camera. Or will need to talk to my creit card company and see what their policy is on warranty know a lot offer protections.

hey
I have thought about that, ordering a new or used camera, it's the stock x3 that came with the drone.
As of now it's a dance of avoidance from them (DJI). I didn't notice any smell myself. Amazes me though a firmware update causing it to if not fry but some how killed the main camera board.
As of now i did the payment via PayPal and funded through my credit card so I'm not left high and dry. If it comes back and there is any issues what so ever I'll have protection from PayPal and if they blow me off then I can talk to my credit card company.

It's funny the guy is buying the drone from hasn't even been paid. He and i talked and said let's see how much dji charges before we finalize our deal. Sadly it was fine pre update. But he was offering me a awesome deal BEFORE the repair! Cool guy from forums im on, he is switching to mini racing drones.
Inspire 1 2 chargers fast and standard, iPad 2 new batteries (ones he had when pulled out of storage committed suicide bloated 6 months stored.) whole deal ready to fly. (Or WAS).

So yea I suckered in and payed but with my *** covered if there is any issues at all!. I also marked each part very slightly and took pics to make sure I get back ALL of my own sent in gear. I also told DJI I want any and all parts that they swapped out.

Have to say I almost regret this deal as of now because it's DJI. Depending on how everything goes maybe I'll switch to a Autel or something and sell this one once the seller and I square up.

Also wonder how long if any warranty DJI will offer on the repaired camera. Or will need to talk to my creit card company and see what their policy is on warranty know a lot offer protections.

What do you use as android or IOS?
if you use IOS which iPad?

I skimmed it.. guess I missed that. thanks.

Ipad 2 could very well be the problem seems to be fairly documented I am in the process of switching out to android to test.

I will report back.

I run iPad 2's on both RC's

also I don't know If he means iPad 2 or iPad / 2 new bateries lol

I'd probably agree with you, either way I will post result. seems he and I are having the same problem and it could very well be stemming from the apple product.

iPad 2 10.3.1 mgkl2ll/a
iPhone 5s 10.3.2 ME311ll/a

Yes I have a iPad 2
And the drone has 2 new batteries as the original 2 drone batteries died and bloated from storage and poor design.

I welcome you to tell me there was nothing wrong with the drone and it was the iPad cause as of now I have a insane $406 USD Paid to DJI Becase they tell me the main camera board is fried.

As of now 1 how in the hell does a firmware update fry a board ?!? I was emailing back and forth with "April" from DJI who tells me after 20 flights it "just broke down". When questioned and shown proof that I don't accept this answer and it's a widespread issue. DJI just stops emailing back. Conviently, as of my research this no image signal transmission after firmware updates screams recall or at least fix cases that come up! But nope they pretend it's a consumers fault. I'm actually surprised as of now this has not
Reaulted in a class action suit. I'm ready to join!. Not replying to messages etc just shows there is no way to win a argument when you can't win.

for me it is 100% the iPad. we have lossless transmission running old outdated android devices.... so frustrating! but we have an answer. I would get your hands on an android device and see if it is the same for you. I would say this is a dji problem because it is not up to apple to work for dji. I am thankful it is not the drone or camera still have to put out another 500 or so dollars for android tablets though. unbelievable it is like I have a new UAV. if you can get it back with out replacing main board I would.

I am also going to look at getting the goggles.

hope this helps.

for me it is 100% the iPad. we have lossless transmission running old outdated android devices.... so frustrating! but we have an answer. I would get your hands on an android device and see if it is the same for you. I would say this is a dji problem because it is not up to apple to work for dji. I am thankful it is not the drone or camera still have to put out another 500 or so dollars for android tablets though. unbelievable it is like I have a new UAV. if you can get it back with out replacing main board I would.

I am also going to look at getting the goggles.

hope this helps.
Well for me allegedly the drone has been "repaired" paid and pending testing and quality assurance (questionable at best) it's going to be on way back soon allegedly!

I question quality assurance as on one thread someone mentioned same repair and they didn't even put
The lense on correctly.

With mine iPad worked FINE. Before the firmware update. So for you it may be your iPad. For me iPad worked perfectly BEFORE the forced firmware update. Never had 1 issue 20 flights.

Last edited:
I'm having major difficulties with the image transmission and now just disconnection issues. First was lag, black screen, green bar, pixels etc using iPad mini 2 64gb wifi. 5s flew fine once then I had to emergency land because if continually disconnect. I've updated downgraded etc etc and now I'm afraid i have created more problems than I began with.

Whoops apologies, I just realized I'm on the other thread than I realized. This isn't the one I started.

BACK TO THREAD TOPIC.
The fix mentioned may have been helpful a few firmware versions ago. But as of now newer firmware restrict backing off firmware to one version.

It may not always be fixable but still does not explain how firmware kills boards

Whoops apologies, I just realized I'm on the other thread than I realized. This isn't the one I started.

BACK TO THREAD TOPIC.
The fix mentioned may have been helpful a few firmware versions ago. But as of now newer firmware restrict backing off firmware to one version.

It may not always be fixable but still does not explain how firmware kills boards
Just t clarify this has been a progressive issue for me and the last updat made the UAV unusable this is not an old firmware fix this is a real time problem for me right now with all firmware updated and iPad updated.

Like I said this may not be a fix for you
( obviously if you in fact do have a hardware issue ) but I think this will help some out there.

It is at least a step in the trouble shooting process.

Just t clarify this has been a progressive issue for me and the last updat made the UAV unusable this is not an old firmware fix this is a real time problem for me right now with all firmware updated and iPad updated.

Like I said this may not be a fix for you
( obviously if you in fact do have a hardware issue ) but I think this will help some out there.

It is at least a step in the trouble shooting process.
Agreed I have read MANY MANY cases where the signal is intermittent at best. This seems to be the next most common after hardware just dies after updates.

Really sounds like a pencil pusher decides to ignore a engineer saying there is a issue or they knew of
The issue and chose to just ignore it and take the nothing wrong with it approach.
As of now I think I'm at mistake level buying this one. Hopefully a new start up can come up with sufficient backing and smack DJI into shape up or ship out, and Become the new market leader. Would be nice if Usa based as well.

Dji as of now has great potential but needs to admit issues, make em right. And stop denying issues.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac