Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 coming soon 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between the DJI Inspire and the DJI inspire 1, is simple. A grant exemption was given to an individual who had a listed their drone as a DJI Inspire and left out the 1. The list is meant to be a complete of what has been approved and issued, errors in all. it is not scrubbed for duplication. Additionally the X5 and the X5R were listed separately on 333 exemption requests so they are listed. Remember the S in UAS is system, comprising of components so changing a camera could nullify an exemption so again the applicant included possible variations to keep their operation protected. As for the Matrice 600, I'm not sure, perhaps it's just not on the list or it's an error.

The reality is that the list is generated by approvals, not what's available to buy. I would think a company as big as DJI would work to get approval before the product hits the streets.

Thus my original post, that an Inpire 3 was in the list.

With respect to the validity of the list, I disagree with you. It is neither meaningless nor a concoction. It is the only source that lists FAA approved UAS's. You can debate it's accuracy all day and I'm sure it has errors, but why discount it?

Lastly, and with all do respect, the thread was about a future Inspire 2 on a site dedicated to inspire pilots, why was it turned off, because a couple people didn't like the thread? That's the problem with flying UAS's, one old lady complains and the city creates an ordinance to block flying. If this is going to be a open forum, to share thoughts and opinions than it ought to be left open, regardless of personal perspective.

Just my opinion.

Respectfully

Ryan

The difference between the DJI Inspire and the DJI inspire 1, is simple. A grant exemption was given to an individual who had a listed their drone as a DJI Inspire and left out a 1. The list is meant to be a complete of what has been approved and issued, errors in all. it is not scrubbed for duplication. Additionally the X5 and the X5R were listed separately on 333 exemption requests so they are listed. Remember the S in UAS is system, comprising of components so changing a camera could nullify an exemption so again the applicant included possible variations to keep their operation protected. As for the Matrice 600, I'm not sure, perhaps it's just not on the list or it's an error.

The reality is that the list is generated by approvals, not what's available to buy. I would think a company as big as DJI would work to get approval before the product hits the streets.

Thus my original post, that an Inpire 3 was in the list.

With respect to the validity of the list, I disagree with you. It is neither meaningless nor a concoction. It is the only source that lists FAA approved UAS's. You can debate it's accuracy all day and I'm sure it has errors, but why discount it?

Lastly, and with all do respect, the thread was about a future Inspire 2 on a site dedicated to inspire pilots, why was it turned off, because a couple people didn't like the thread? That's the problem with flying UAS's, one old lady complains and the city creates an ordinance to block flying. If this is going to be a open forum, to share thoughts and opinions than it ought to be left open, regardless of personal perspective.

Just my opinion.

Respectfully

Ryan
No - the thread was locked because the speculation of a release date for an Inspire 2 has been thrashed to death over and over again on numerous threads on numerous forums. Going through the 'maybe, what-ifs' (again) when and Inspire 2 will be released is pointless - only Wang and his evil Dungeon Masters know that.

Thank you for clarifying the FAA listing though, so if I interpret what you are saying as correct I could apply with an 'Inspire 6' (because I might have 5 others in my fleet and I have numbered them sequentially) and it may get approved in which case everyone looking at it will say "ohhhhhhh, look an Inspire 6, that must be out soon".
If the list is generated by approvals then I guess maybe a search on who has been granted approval for 'Inspire 3's' (there can't be too many of those) and if it come back as "Dà-Jiāng Innovations Science and Technology Co., Ltd." then Robert is your Dad's brother!

I say again, the M600 should be on there (using your logic) since it was developed and tested before the "Inspire 3"
If it's been left off or a mistake, then the list is not reliable and one should not draw conclusions from seeing "Inspire 3"

My thoughts......nobody else's.

Reactions: John Archer
When applying for a 333 exemption it has been suggested that you file for not only the drones that you currently own but any you are considering buying.

I would guess that someone applying for an Inspire 1 may have also listed Inspire 2, Inspire 3, etc. to include any upcoming announcements that he "might" buy.

As overwhelm as the FAA is on the 333 requests they probably did not check that close to see if these are actual model that are available today.

Today you no longer need to request specific drones, your 333 waiver, if granted, will allow you to use any drone that is on the FAA list of approved drones.

Looks like the Inspire 2 could be around the corner. Hoping for a FPV camera and more gimbal options for cameras.

Inpsire2_leak_DOC_QuadcopterGuide.jpg

Announced in the fall, promised release for NAB, will actually ship in August 2017. Useable FW available maybe 2018...
Yea I feel like we are a long ways off.
It's ok though, we've had our Inspire for about 18 months now and it has been awesome, retrofitted to new Inspire 1 Pro specs (without the T601's) and it has paid for itself many many times over... So I am personally not in a rush for the Inspire 2, whatever that looks like.

Reactions: John Archer
I'd like to see fpv an possibly a double tb48 battery set up my 2 cents . An if they do come out get rid of the god **** zipper setup they have . It should mandatory when you drop a couple grand come with a good quality case .

I'm new to this, but I'm quite surprised there is no 360 obstacle avoidance on the pro yet?

I'd like to see fpv an possibly a double tb48 battery set up my 2 cents . An if they do come out get rid of the god **** zipper setup they have . It should mandatory when you drop a couple grand come with a good quality case .

FPV would be awesome in the new Inspire.

I went through 2 of the DJI cases myself, then eventually bought a Pelican.

Reactions: Ftolino
Id rather a double tb47 as then i can still take it on a plane with batts.. tb48 cant go on planes and i find useless as a battery for that matter..

Id rather a double tb47 as then i can still take it on a plane with batts.. tb48 cant go on planes and i find useless as a battery for that matter..
I'm sure if two tb47's would work as well as the 48's . Would need more in the motor department in order to carry the weight

Nothing wrong with speculation, drives the old grape vine.

I have read from a solid source that it's been knocked back and R&D teams moved onto other projects, it's likely now to announce around late October/ early November but this could be pushed to early next year, this is due to slower sales on the P4 than a expected, the reduced cost of the P3 line is still steeling sales from the higher end products, also there seems to be a iPhone affect kicking in where are people are no longer jumping on new model as the last is almost as capable, this has pushed DJI to reduce the Price of the existing inspire line in reaction to Yuneec H rather than push a new product.

It's likely DJI will have to begin a Tick Tock release cycle with longer times between them in the future.

The info is on it is

2nd pilot cam, 40 minutes + battery and 360 OE, it will also come in more expensive than the inspire at £3500 uk for basic model.

I just wish they would push out an updated X3 with improved gimbal and glass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44