Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

** INSPIRE 2 - NEW T MOTOR FOLDING PROPS **

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.floridadronesupply.com
Florida Drone Supply is excited to share with you the new Winglet folding Props that are designed, patented and manufactured by T-Motor.

T-Motor is a long respected name in the propulsion sector of multi rotors; specializing in motors, speed controllers and props.

The newly designed Winglet prop furthers the technology and innovation that allows our drones to fly longer, use less energy and increase the efficiency of the airflow off the tip of the propeller.

Winglet design is used on many aircraft wings - from small private jets to large airliners.

Wing tip vortices refer to the spiraling air the coming off the tip of the propeller. With an ordinary tip, there is a strong vortex created at the tip parallel to to prop. With a downward winglet, the vortex is weakened and moved away from the airfoil (or surface of the prop) allowing for smoother airflow and more efficient lift.
T Motor Folding Prop 7.png
Now, on to cosmetics!
You will immediately see that these props are smooth, glossy and beautiful looking. This is customary of T-Motor; putting great effort into their finishes.

Mounting the Props
Florida Drone Supply worked for months with T-Motor to alter the hub and mounting to allow the Winglet prop to mount directly to the Inspire 2 motor without the use of hubs or 3rd party adapters. This allows for a quick and easy attachment to the motor - and allows your folding props to stay mounted at all times.

Flight Speed and Efficiency
In our testing, we compared fixed props, other folding props and winglet props side by side (and simultaneously with 3 Inspire 2 copters at a time). The hover time seemed to remain the same, but the Winglet props really shined when the copter was in motion. In fact, we achieved speeds in GPS mode up to 30% faster than any of the other props while applying the same throttle. In a head wind, the Winglet props flew at nearly the same speed as a tail wind while the other props moved the Inspire 2 at a substantially slower rate.

You can expect to experience improved flight times if you are continuously keeping your copter in flight.

Price and Availability
These props are available now at www.FloridaDroneSupply.com and can be purchased in a set of 2 (1 pair), a set of 4 (2 pairs) or a set of 6 (3 pairs).

You will find them featured on our home page or with the Inspire 2 accessories.

They are also on an introductory sale for Black Friday Weekend.

Here is a direct link to the props:

T-Motor Folding Props - Winglet Style - Custom for Inspire 2

Check them out!

Thanks,
Michael

Attachments

• T Motor Folding Prop 1.jpg
    T Motor Folding Prop 1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 178
  • T Motor Folding Prop 2.jpg
    T Motor Folding Prop 2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 187
  • T Motor Folding Prop 3.jpg
    T Motor Folding Prop 3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 189
  • T Motor Folding Prop 4.jpg
    T Motor Folding Prop 4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 163
  • T Motor Folding Prop 5.jpg
    T Motor Folding Prop 5.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 183
  • T Motor Folding Prop 6.jpg
    T Motor Folding Prop 6.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 197
They really look pro-grade!
I guess that any vibration issues are nonexistent. Still I have some questions:
- does I2 fit in stock case with this T-Motor folding props mounted?
- does carbon-fiber props break easily in many pieces if prop hits some small tree branch? are carbon-fiber props more prone to prop-loss in the case of collision?

They really look pro-grade!
I guess that any vibration issues are nonexistent. Still I have some questions:
- does I2 fit in stock case with this T-Motor folding props mounted?
- does carbon-fiber props break easily in many pieces if prop hits some small tree branch? are carbon-fiber props more prone to prop-loss in the case of collision?

I do not have a stock case handy but will look into it for you. I did have to modify my landing mode GPC case for it to fit properly.

I have not noticed any vibrations associated with the props.

Yes they will break if they impact something, try to avoid hitting things :) I personally would discard any prop that contacted something solid in flight or on the ground.

Reactions: DrMrdalj
I do not have a stock case handy but will look into it for you. I did have to modify my landing mode GPC case for it to fit properly.

I have not noticed any vibrations associated with the props.

Yes they will break if they impact something, try to avoid hitting things :) I personally would discard any prop that contacted something solid in flight or on the ground.
I kindly thank you for the info. Regarding dicarding any props that hit anything I completely agree. In years of using I1 I had several close contacts with small branches, while never got aircraft crashed as props never broke more then a small chip - my question is about "survivability" of a drone in such circumstances. Do you have any thoughts about that?

Reactions: Lesmess and SanCap
Florida Drone Supply is excited to share with you the new Winglet folding Props that are designed, patented and manufactured by T-Motor.

T-Motor is a long respected name in the propulsion sector of multi rotors; specializing in motors, speed controllers and props.

The newly designed Winglet prop furthers the technology and innovation that allows our drones to fly longer, use less energy and increase the efficiency of the airflow off the tip of the propeller.

Winglet design is used on many aircraft wings - from small private jets to large airliners.

Wing tip vortices refer to the spiraling air the coming off the tip of the propeller. With an ordinary tip, there is a strong vortex created at the tip parallel to to prop. With a downward winglet, the vortex is weakened and moved away from the airfoil (or surface of the prop) allowing for smoother airflow and more efficient lift.
View attachment 17081
Now, on to cosmetics!
You will immediately see that these props are smooth, glossy and beautiful looking. This is customary of T-Motor; putting great effort into their finishes.

Mounting the Props
Florida Drone Supply worked for months with T-Motor to alter the hub and mounting to allow the Winglet prop to mount directly to the Inspire 2 motor without the use of hubs or 3rd party adapters. This allows for a quick and easy attachment to the motor - and allows your folding props to stay mounted at all times.

In our testing, we compared fixed props, other folding props and winglet props side by side (and simultaneously with 3 Inspire 2 copters at a time). The hover time seemed to remain the same, but the Winglet props really shined when the copter was in motion. In fact, we achieved speeds in GPS mode up to 30% faster than any of the other props while applying the same throttle. In a head wind, the Winglet props flew at nearly the same speed as a tail wind while the other props moved the Inspire 2 at a substantially slower rate.

You can expect to experience improved flight times if you are continuously keeping your copter in flight.

Price and Availability
These props are available now at www.FloridaDroneSupply.com and can be purchased in a set of 2 (1 pair), a set of 4 (2 pairs) or a set of 6 (3 pairs).

Check them out!

Thanks,
Michael
I was checking them out yesterday. It’s about time a company made them like this. Just need ones for the i1s now which I do not think will happen cause it’s so outdated.

[QUOTE
In fact, we achieved speeds in GPS mode up to 30% faster than any of the other props while applying the same throttle.
l

are you saying it went another 15 mph faster like 75 mph ? actual stats would be great.[/QUOTE]

What we have found is that the Inspire 2 with the new T-Motor folding props is faster than an Inspire 2 with stock props in GPS mode. The max speed is the same (about 60 mph) in sport mode and must be limited somehow by motor RPM, voltage or GPS speed.

We have done repeatable tests using the same Inspire 2 with both T-Motor props and the stock props. In GPS mode we get to about 30 mph with the stock props, in GPS mode we get to about 40 mph with the T-Motor props. We have also done side by side tests with 3 Inspire 2's using T-Motor folding props, Helinengadin folding props and the stock props with the same results.

The Inspire 2 with the T-Motor props accelerates faster than an Inspire 2 with any other props we have tested.

Reactions: SanCap
I can see a lot of marketing pitch here, but wiglet design would only be beneficial for traditional forward mounted propeller on aircraft. That is because of distribution of airflow on rotorcraft is completely different from what you have depicted.That's why you never see it on production rotorcaft, wiglets induce additional horizontal drag and actually reduce efficiency of propeller on rotorcraft.
Reference to Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators by Harry Hurt, also to
Abstract from "Aerodynamic impact of a streamwise vortex on a propeller" Y.Yang L.L.M.Veldhuis G.Eitelberg Aerospace Science and Technology, November 2017
"To study the impact of the vortex on the propeller, the Batchelor vortex is utilised to model the impinging vortex, and its effect on the propeller is calculated by Computational Fluid Dynamics. The loading on the propeller increases due to the impingement of a contra-rotating vortex, and the opposite is true for a co-rotating vortex. However, the torque coefficient of the propeller changes consistently with the thrust coefficient which leads to the efficiency of the propeller being independent of the impinging vortex. With the vortex impinging on the propeller, a strong pressure fluctuation on the blade is observed, especially on the leading edge of the blade."

edit for vendor post
The max speed is the same (about 60 mph) in sport mode and must be limited somehow by motor RPM, voltage or GPS speed.
Certainly propellers for DJI Inspire 2 are being sold with perfect knowledge of what determines the speed of rotorcraft.
Whole thing sounds a bit amateurish (no disrespect).
Maximum speed depends on forward inclination angle and engine thrust (not RPM, voltage or GPS) that is programmed in firmware (and can be changed in developer mode).
It is possible to measure thrust with new design on a bench. If thrust increased notably vs. stock it may prove more or less scientifically benefit of installing them on the craft.
Speed is limited to improve gimbal stability and to reduce vibration.
Inspire 2 can easily go initially advertised 67mph @ 42 degrees inclination, and closer to 80mph @ 50 degrees (not safe for obstacle avoidance).

Last edited:
@n5101 - Thanks for your thoughts on this. I think you may have mistakenly understood us to be the manufacturer of this propeller and its design - which we are not. We are the resellers of the product just like we resell DJI products and several other company's products that they design and manufacturer. This design is currently in use for much larger scale multi rotors and are available in sizes up to 36x11.8 with a max thrust rating of nearly 100lbs per propeller. T-Motor is partnered with other airframe manufacturers to use this prop in configurations requiring heavy lift and long endurance. The version we had adapted for mounting to the Inspire 2 is their smallest size in this line of multi rotor propeller design.

As for the diagram that depicts the effects of the winglet - that was provided by the manufacturer and "presumably" proven by the propulsion engineers before allowing their marketing people to post it in their specifications about this propeller; and provide it to their distribution parters to share with their clients.

You definitely come across as someone who is knowledgable on this topic and from what I remember reading on another post you are a pilot and actively involved in the field of aviation. Our group is as well and includes ATP, private pilot, retired airline mechanic and an aerospace engineering (student). None of us are privy to the testing results, research or prior design iterations of this propeller and really don't want feel we have the background info to agree or disagree with your opinion on the winglet design.

We do know this - something makes this prop fly faster and longer than the stock props, the swiss folding props or other fixed carbon props. Maybe its the winglet, maybe its the chord and camber, maybe its something else.

We do appreciate your thoughts and people that look out for other members of the forum. And if you are interested in learning more about the design, I am happy to help facilitate any questions that you have to the manufacturer, their design team, engineers, etc. I am not certain how much they will share but feel free to send me a PM and we can look into anything you would like.

Thanks,

Michael

View attachment 17081
Now, on to cosmetics!

Mounting the Props

Price and Availability

Check them out!

Thanks,
Michael

Did you notice any noise improvement??

Reactions: SanCap
@Florida Drone Supply: removed reference to improve manufacturing design, added suggestion on bench testing new propellers.

Folding propeller is a plus, but for most professionals who use dedicated vehicle compact design is not that important.
What truly be interesting is seeing 3-bladed propeller, multiple benefits:
  • it will allow same thrust at lower RPM resulting in lower noise & potentially more efficiency.
  • smaller diameter that may allow the use of high capacity batteries that are presently unusable due to the clearance with airframe.

Last edited:
@Florida Drone Supply: removed reference to improve manufacturing design, added suggestion on bench testing new propellers.

Folding propeller is a plus, but for most professionals who use dedicated vehicle compact design is not that important.
What truly be interesting is seeing 3-bladed propeller, multiple benefits:
  • it will allow same thrust at lower RPM resulting in lower noise & potentially more efficiency.
  • smaller diameter that may allow the use of high capacity batteries that are presently unusable due to the clearance with airframe.
I would like to see a 3 blade,maybe smaller diameter but if same diameter the pitch would be a lot less. Smaller diameter with a higher pitch takes less power to turn than a larger diameter with less pitch with both having the same amount of thrust. Problem with a 3 blade, hard as heck to balance perfectly. Usually cause all kinds of vibration problems, added extra rotational mass and has used up a battery faster than a 2 blade. Based on my experience with using them on a drone and collective pitched helis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry