Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

** INSPIRE 2 - NEW T MOTOR FOLDING PROPS **

Finally mounted... testing these early this week after loctite cures . Well so far They look badass.

Sweeeeeet!! Those make the inspire really stand out badass. I ordered a set just for the look I must confess. Stuck with UPS right now so I don't get to wax them yet:)

Can you adjust the tension of the props without removing hubs from the motor (is there a nut on the bottom side or are the hubs threaded ? ) as I see the button allen head is on top versus on the bottom with the Helinengadin folding props ( with nuts on top and will spin without holding with a allen you cannot get to without removing the hubs ) Have been using the Helinengadin folding props since they came out and love them except for that. As for me I applied direct heat from the end of a soldering iron directly to each bolt before attempting to remove the stock hubs ,I believe this is a must when removing along with using a correct ground hardened tip torx if you want to avoid stripping out a screw and a lot of frustration that will come with that. Also work the screw back and forth as you are removing worked well for me.

I agree, I don't like having to remove the hub screws in order to access the prop screws. Especially after reading of other's problems.

Have you experienced wear issues with your Helinengadin props? I had issues with bare threads of the prop screw wearing against the raw carbon fiber hole. There should be a bushing/shoulder bolt for the prop pivot instead of threads which slowly grind away at the bare carbon fiber. Other than this crucial flaw, I was very happy with the ease of use and flight characteristics. KopterMax has offered to replace them.

I agree, I don't like having to remove the hub screws in order to access the prop screws. Especially after reading of other's problems.

Have you experienced wear issues with your Helinengadin props? I had issues with bare threads of the prop screw wearing against the raw carbon fiber hole. There should be a bushing/shoulder bolt for the prop pivot instead of threads which slowly grind away at the bare carbon fiber. Other than this crucial flaw, I was very happy with the ease of use and flight characteristics. KopterMax has offered to replace them.

Helinengadin folding props

I have not experienced any wear issue although I do agree a bushing would have been nice. I have always kept my props tight enough that on startup and shutdown they stay pretty straight. If I straighten them on startup I see very little vibration if any. Its seems if I tighten them just to the point of trying to push the prop with my finger they have a little stutter to them , and if you push them and they have a fluid smooth motion they are to loose and will fold some on shutdown along with a noticeable vibration on startup. Thats what works for me. I originally thought about using blue locktight on the hub screws but never did , have never noticed any issue of the screws loosening but still ck them regularly . I see these new T-Motor props use a shorter screw since they mount lower in the hub . Dont know if that will make any difference in the screw loosening without locktight.

These new T-Motor props do look sweet and think Im going to give them a try for that factor and not having to remove the hubs to adjust the prop tension is a very nice feature :)
The hubs also look like they have a much lighter design, they rotated the mounting hub screws which help enabled a smaller hub design, less rotating mass cant hurt either. Plus the aerodynamics of button heads versus nuts on the top side. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: HarvestMoon
@Florida Drone Supply
I have never used folding props and now have these T-motor from FDS. Educate me please. What is the best method to get them straight.? Just eye ball it and they straighten in flight? Tighten them in the straight position after eyeballing? Does it matter if their not perfectly straight?

@Florida Drone Supply
I have never used folding props and now have these T-motor from FDS. Educate me please. What is the best method to get them straight.? Just eye ball it and they straighten in flight? Tighten them in the straight position after eyeballing? Does it matter if their not perfectly straight?

"Just eye ball it and they straighten in flight" Yes, we straighten them out as best as possible by eye, they will find their happy spot and straighten out.

One more thought...from the factory they may arrive slightly tight to open up or unfold / straighten. A few people have had to loosen the bolts (on the top of the hub) a very, very, very small amount. You want them free enough to be able to easily move, but not to the point of being sloppy loose. It may only require 5-10% of a turn to get them loose enough to spin free; and quickly and easily straighten upon motor spool up.

One more thought...from the factory they may arrive slightly tight to open up or unfold / straighten. A few people have had to loosen the bolts (on the top of the hub) a very, very, very small amount. You want them free enough to be able to easily move, but not to the point of being sloppy loose. It may only require 5-10% of a turn to get them loose enough to spin free; and quickly and easily straighten upon motor spool up.
Thank you for your support. Another question, do you recommend loctite for the screws that mount to the motor?And if so, what number loctite?

So, why the need for after-market props?
Anyone having a problem with the ones DJI provide :)

Yes you have to be very VERY careful, for unfortunately I had to buy two new motors when I try to remove those darn screws with too much locktite, heating with a blower didn't work, and if you use a drill to loosen the screws be careful that the residual boring metal doesn't fall into the opening vent of the motors, before doing so, put a tape over those vents.

Initially I had the same removal difficulty and stripped a screw head. The use of heat is critical in loosening red loctite. Heat each screw with a soldering iron. Use a new T9 Torx driver for an invaluable good fit. Press down hard while applying torque. Once the screw loosens, work it back & forth occasionally to ease the release. Reheating the screw may be required if binding is significant. Each screw will have a different level of difficulty due to the amount of thread locker used. Do not hurry or you’ll likely strip the screw head.

Hoping to have some time this weekend to install. I might try the soldering iron method. They look sweet!
Thanks and enjoy!

As a follow up to an earlier message we posted, its a good idea to make sure your props open and swing smoothly / freely. Its a fine line between having them be "just right" and a little "too tight". We have had several people need to loosen the screw on the top a very, very small amount to make them swing nice and smooth.

Reactions: SanCap
IMG_0597.JPG I was part of the 3 Inspire 2 tests, and currently have them install on one of my Inspire 2 copters this props really are nice the copter is quieter and more responsive, they look great and the convenience of folding pack and go makes this bird so complete thanks Florida Drone Supply

Last edited:
Installed my T-Motor Winglet Props on my Inspire 2 and took it for a few flights. It worked.

Have not yet had a chance to verify flight time / speed changes yet.

I bought a set of these direct from Tmotor as I'm based in the UK, but the hubs don't fit my I2. They look the same from your photos but the centre hub is a few millimetres to small to fit on I2. Waiting to hear back from Tmotor to why mine seem to be different. Pretty gutted as had the heliengadin folding props, but was really disappointed with the quality of the props so gone back to using non folding Tmotor 15" props with heliengadin adapters, but they are a pain to take on and off all the time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy