Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2+x7 Firmware update 01.02.0200 problems

JUST TO REITERATE FOR EVERYONE:

If you haven't already updated your Inspire 2 Firmware to 01.02.0100/.0200 with either the X7 or X5S Cameras, DO NOT INSTALL THE UPDATE. DJI has acknowledged that there are some serious bugs in the current firmware that are causing multiple problems, and even crashes. Until they provide a new update, you will need to downgrade your firmware .

Hi there,

Would that be downgrading both on the Inspire as on the RC?

Regards,

I just ordered a new Inspire 2 X7, and just came across this thread. I'm bummed to hear of these issues. So it sounds like if it comes with .0100 I should not upgrade the firmware. My question is, if it asks to upgrade the controller and batteries firmware, should I still upgrade those? Or just keep everything as is?

I just ordered a new Inspire 2 X7, and just came across this thread. I'm bummed to hear of these issues. So it sounds like if it comes with .0100 I should not upgrade the firmware. My question is, if it asks to upgrade the controller and batteries firmware, should I still upgrade those? Or just keep everything as is?
Do not perform any FW updates. Test the bird and camera performance thoroughly after unboxing. She must fly reliably, hover rock solid and record video right after activation. If she doesn't, return the purchase immediately. However, if she does perform well, don't move a muscle and keep flying with whatever FW she arrived. Most likely she'll be on .0100. Keep everything as is for now until they sort out all this mess ...

Do not perform any FW updates. Test the bird and camera performance thoroughly after unboxing. She must fly reliably, hover rock solid and record video right after activation. If she doesn't, return the purchase immediately. However, if she does perform well, don't move a muscle and keep flying with whatever FW she arrived. Most likely she'll be on .0100. Keep everything as is for now until they sort out all this mess ...

Thanks, I've followed that advice and with 4 days left on the return policy, I've noticed my camera is rolling left to right. I'm still on .100. Has anyone else seen this issue yet? Here's the thread I posted about it: Help! Inspire 2 X7 camera roll / shake issue

Thanks, I've followed that advice and with 4 days left on the return policy, I've noticed my camera is rolling left to right. I'm still on .100. Has anyone else seen this issue yet? Here's the thread I posted about it: Help! Inspire 2 X7 camera roll / shake issue
Yes, slow yawing (not rolling) issue is known end reported by many pilots. Apparently it is addressed by .0300 Beta FW, but I'll wait until all wrinkles are ironed out and final version is released. Is she stable in hover?

EDIT: Ah, this is rolling and yawing indeed! Kinda rhythmic wobble like ... Hmm, never seen this before, but I'm using X5S camera for change. Do you see this also with Inspire on ground?

Last edited:
The Inspire itself is relatively stable in hover. I notice the camera yawing when my footage when the craft is hovering though. The yawing seems to get a little worse when the Inspire 2 is moving.

I really hope the .300 firmware fixes it. Any chance it will be out within a few days?

On a second thought, I'll suggest to report this issue to B&H customer service. Most likely these issue(s) are solved by incoming .0300 FW, but in case they're not I'll negotiate the rights to return the purchase after the grace period. B&H seem to be very reasonable seller of DJI stuff.

The Inspire itself is relatively stable in hover. I notice the camera yawing when my footage when the craft is hovering though. The yawing seems to get a little worse when the Inspire 2 is moving.

I really hope the .300 firmware fixes it. Any chance it will be out within a few days?
By now several brave ones is testing this beta, trying to expose and sift out all bugs. Hard to say when it will be released to public. Do you have a chance to put X5S or even X4S camera to test this wobble?

By now several brave ones is testing this beta, trying to expose and sift out all bugs. Hard to say when it will be released to public. Do you have a chance to put X5S or even X4S camera to test this wobble?

I don't, unfortunately. I guess one option would be to buy another X7 or Inspire 2 and see if those are any better. Like you said, I should probably contact B&H and try to give them a heads up.

So, if I contact DJI, I should expect a long and painful repair and support process? My Phantom 4 Pro repair took at least a month, and that was bringing it to the official DJI store in Orange County, CA.

I don't, unfortunately. I guess one option would be to buy another X7 or Inspire 2 and see if those are any better. Like you said, I should probably contact B&H and try to give them a heads up.

So, if I contact DJI, I should expect a long and painful repair and support process? My Phantom 4 Pro repair took at least a month, and that was bringing it to the official DJI store in Orange County, CA.
Well, it's complicated. It all depends on specific local circumstances. If you're a New Yorker. the answer is simple: go to H&B store tomorrow and ask for replacement. Ask them to activate another bird, take it home and test thoroughly. It may be better or worst, you'll never know with DJI. If you contact DJI support directly instead, most likely you'll receive an advice to upgrade to a recent FW and start time-consuming process of remotely trying to solve the issue(s). By the time you'll eventually eliminate all quirks and glitches, B&H consumer satisfaction policy will expire. So, don't talk to DJI yet. Deal with B&H only, who sold you the product. Or with any other authorized DJI reseller of good reputation, whoever emptied your credit card.

I'm lucky enough not having major issues with any of my birds, starting with Phantom 3 Pro in 2015 and ending with recent purchases of I2. By the rule of thumb I'm not buying online. I demand test drive before purchase. I'm driving 300 km to a nearest DJI dealer after scheduling personally assisted field test worth at least 2 set of batteries. My Matrice 200 with X5S camera behaved well during test, but start misbehaving next day after a trip back home. Returned the faulty specimen few days later, received the replacement shortly after, confirmed 100% functionality. Done, no issue whatsoever since.

I don't have bad experiences with occasional fixes at DJI CA facility either. In fact my broken X5 camera was fixed in record 5 days time. Go figure ...

I'm having serious problems my camera doesn't even work anymore I can't fly it the camera was getting hot and was jammed up. Then I tried to keep updating then the camera kept spinning then I shut it down then I was finally got the camera to stop now it doesn't work anymore and like you said I would be flying and I would get popup messages that you couldn't read I'm really pissed I just bought the cendence remote it was working but not everything including the popups. Now I have a 10.000 dollar piece of junk that doesn't work
I hate to tell you this but the drone and the camera are no good it's going to cost you around $487 or maybe more I have been through this and I watched this happen to my inspire 2 on my floor don't do any more up dates it may burn more things out. You're going have to send the drone and the camera only in your case of course. Sorry to give you the bad news

I hate to tell you this but the drone and the camera are no good it's going to cost you around $487 or maybe more I have been through this and I watched this happen to my inspire 2 on my floor don't do any more up dates it may burn more things out. You're going have to send the drone and the camera only in your case of course. Sorry to give you the bad news
If anyone buys the cendence remote make sure that you are connected to it properly. Make sure that the camera is not going crazy and spinning around and getting hot turn it off Amediately. And call dji and let them know what is going on or it's going cost you to repair it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly36