Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire kept moving back and forth within 1 meter radius

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have some concern with my Inspire 1. Immdiately after taking off, I notcie that the craft is not staying in one place, in fact i kept moving back and forth within 1 meter radius even when I let go of the stick. the movement was even visible through the video feed. I did calibrate IMU and compas before the flight. Beside that everything else worked great for me and I'm loving the bird. Question, anybody experiencing the same thing? Should I ground the bird, or should I only fly in ATTI?

Mine did the same thing until I flew it around in straight lines and gained localized gps/compass data. it now holds like a charm, I think it is part of the learning process for the FC

Mine did the same thing until I flew it around in straight lines and gained localized gps/compass data. it now holds like a charm, I think it is part of the learning process for the FC
Yeah I think so as well. Since there's no indicator of how many sattelites are connected, that could very well be the case. I don't want to take the risk tho, it's a 3.5K aircraft!

Yeah I think so as well. Since there's no indicator of how many sattelites are connected, that could very well be the case. I don't want to take the risk tho, it's a 3.5K aircraft!
Do you think you can test my theory today? also try doing your calibration dance again.

The motion is called the toilet bowl effect and it's the compass fighting with the GPS. I have reported this to DJI via their bug sublimation and I suggest that anyone that experiences this issue submit your issue directly to DJI via their support page.

This is something in the MC firmware that needs tweaking. I learned this back in 2013 with my first phantom 2 vision and DJI corrected it.

So I sespect that v16 of the Inspire 1 firmware will be revised with this toilet bowl effect addressed in the next FW reliece SOON I hope!

Best regards,
Steve

The motion is called the toilet bowl effect and it's the compass fighting with the GPS. I have reported this to DJI via their bug sublimation and I suggest that anyone that experiences this issue submit your issue directly to DJI via their support page.

This is something in the MC firmware that needs tweaking. I learned this back in 2013 with my first phantom 2 vision and DJI corrected it.

So I sespect that v16 of the Inspire 1 firmware will be revised with this toilet bowl effect addressed in the next FW reliece SOON I hope!

Best regards,
Steve
toilet bowl is partly caused by a copter's gps/compass location from CG being incorrectly entered into the FC. It is also from the compass being set to the wrong declination. What Tuankid is reporting is not toilet bowl, its drift. You cannot adjust the inspire compass declination manually, the FC must learn the declination by flying around and comparing gps data and compass data and then make the correction in the FC.

Reactions: blade strike
toilet bowl is partly caused by a copter's gps/compass location from CG being incorrectly entered into the FC. It is also from the compass being set to the wrong declination. What Tuankid is reporting is not toilet bowl, its drift. You cannot adjust the inspire compass declination manually, the FC must learn the declination by flying around and comparing gps data and compass data and then make the correction in the FC.

Correct. Fly it around some (straight lines especially) for a few minutes. It should clear up. If not definitely report back.

Help, I have my new Inspire 1 dual CTR I have iPhone 6+ all works fine on that , I have a IPad 3 (3 years old used for general aviation flying) it says not comparable, want to have larger screen than phone , any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Help, I have my new Inspire 1 dual CTR I have iPhone 6+ all works fine on that , I have a IPad 3 (3 years old used for general aviation flying) it says not comparable, want to have larger screen than phone , any suggestions?

IPad Mini 2 seems to be a popular choice.

Correct

Mine did this on the very first hover. Since then, it locks in and no issues, and not saying it was an issue in the first place. My other quad with a different brand, the manual states that on the first flight, the quad won't be as locked in and movement or drifting will occur but give it time the FC will learn and stabilize. And it did.

I'm reading so much horror stories, I haven't taken it out of box yet ( 2 controllers and batteries)

Then stop reading the stories, read the manual again, do the compass dance after making sure you have the latest firmware and app, and fly the **** thing! Most of us, and I mean the great majority, have had no issues and love the way it flies!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters