Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire out over the Pacific - My first Inspire video

Reaction score
Website
www.phillima.com
I have flown lots of different multi rotors over the years and am quite happy with how the Inspire handles. The camera is a definite step up from a GoPro Hero4 black IMHO. Please pardon the lack of smoothness, this video was filmed during my second ever Inspire flight, so I was still getting used to the controls.

This video was edited and colored in FCPX. I shot in 4K 24P in the LOG color profile.

Let me know what you think!

Certainly one of the better videos showing how well the Inspire can deliver for well composed shots. It's stand out from the usual up, twist, and back down videos.

Any chance you might be able to post an MP4 link to the original raw file for this video?

I'd like to see the non-streaming video quality before buying.

Everything I've watched from an Inspire on my 65-inch 4K TV has looked horrible so far, without exception, although they look great on mobile devices and computer screens.

Any chance you might be able to post an MP4 link to the original raw file for this video?

I'd like to see the non-streaming video quality before buying.

Everything I've watched from an Inspire on my 65-inch 4K TV has looked horrible so far, without exception, although they look great on mobile devices and computer screens.

Possibly. It's over 4GB, so it'd take a while. And it was shot in LOG, so the color is very flat and won't look good without some correction. I can see what I can do though :)

I can tell you, I watched it on my 65" 4K in my studio today and it looked amazing. Far better than GoPro footage, though not as nice as GH4, or RED Dragon, for it's size it's quite impressive.

I'd be happy to test it and report back here. I'm really hoping the original video is solid. Building an S900+GH4 will be a serious money and time sink otherwise.

Very nice. I have gotten similar quality out of my GoPro Hero 4 however. They have identical sensors after all.

Very nice. I have gotten similar quality out of my GoPro Hero 4 however. They have identical sensors after all.
So have I but it is really nice not having to detach the gimbal cable every time you want to access the card or having to unscrew the mount from the gimbal to get the camera off of it ;) eventually the screws will wear out and so will the wire from the gimble to the go Pro

So have I but it is really nice not having to detach the gimbal cable every time you want to access the card or having to unscrew the mount from the gimbal to get the camera off of it ;) eventually the screws will wear out and so will the wire from the gimble to the go Pro

Agreed. But you could also argue eventually the contact pad for the Inspire 1 gimbal will wear out from always having to be disconnected to get back in the case. :)

Agreed. But you could also argue eventually the contact pad for the Inspire 1 gimbal will wear out from always having to be disconnected to get back in the case. :)
That's very true I plan to make a plexiglass stand similar to this one then yes when transportation is necessary I will disconnect it ;)

It's a different looking camera. I have hundreds of flights(dozens in that exact location) with my P2 and Hero4Black. The Inspire camera is cleaner looking and just looks better. The lack of horizon distortion is enough sell for me, also notice... full 4K video, 30MPH+ forward flight and no props in the shot, that'd be impossible with a P2/GoPro setup.

It's a different looking camera. I have hundreds of flights(dozens in that exact location) with my P2 and Hero4Black. The Inspire camera is cleaner looking and just looks better. The lack of horizon distortion is enough sell for me, also notice... full 4K video, 30MPH+ forward flight and no props in the shot, that'd be impossible with a P2/GoPro setup.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each. We can agree to disagree. :) I agree about the rectilinear lens, though it comes at the cost of some distortion and sharpness in various parts of the frame. The Hero 4 puts out full 4k/30, you know that. The P2 is definitely weaker in the wind - I1 is far better flight in changing conditions (current yaw bug excepted). Agree about the props.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each. We can agree to disagree. :) I agree about the rectilinear lens, though it comes at the cost of some distortion and sharpness in various parts of the frame. The Hero 4 puts out full 4k/30, you know that. The P2 is definitely weaker in the wind - I1 is far better flight in changing conditions (current yaw bug excepted). Agree about the props.

I'm curious, what's the advantage of the P2/GoPro setup? I honestly can't think of one.

I'm curious, what's the advantage of the P2/GoPro setup? I honestly can't think of one.

I was talking strictly about the cameras themselves. I own 5 GoPros and use them for more than just aerials. But as far as the platforms go (and I own both):

My P2 can go much farther in RF noisy conditions (so far, I get 2-3x the distance out of the P2). It can fly higher than 500M (which is a lock you can't override on the I1). Other than that.... nothing. Except cost.

Some advantages of the P2 I can think of:

a) P2 is a much more mature platform; any long term issues are well understood for the most part
b) P2 is considerably more crash resistant than the I1, and repair parts are readily available
c) P2 is smaller and therefore more transportable than I1.
d) With a P2 that uses a GoPro, you can use the GoPro to film for other non-aerial purposes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa