Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looking to buy, have a few questions

Reaction score
Hello all

Long time reader but never posted before. I currently own two Phantoms 2 using a go pro 3 and 4. Looking to get a third bird but two things are currently stopping me. One is the wobble / shaking some owners are getting on their inspires. The second is the complaints about the camera either not being or going our of horizontal alignment.

Are these common issues? Is the camera alignment being corrected via firmware. I really like the features the inspire has to offer but I can't afford to get one with issues and have to send it back and wait 5-6 weeks. My other option is to purchase a Phantom 3. The camera on the inspire seems to be the same as the P3 but it does not look like the P3 offer screw on filter

Thanks

Hello all

Long time reader but never posted before. I currently own two Phantoms 2 using a go pro 3 and 4. Looking to get a third bird but two things are currently stopping me. One is the wobble / shaking some owners are getting on their inspires. The second is the complaints about the camera either not being or going our of horizontal alignment.

Are these common issues? Is the camera alignment being corrected via firmware. I really like the features the inspire has to offer but I can't afford to get one with issues and have to send it back and wait 5-6 weeks. My other option is to purchase a Phantom 3. The camera on the inspire seems to be the same as the P3 but it does not look like the P3 offer screw on filter

Thanks

A small bit of play doesn't affect the video if you have it, for what it's worth, and some have said it's even a good thing to have a small amount of play, but who knows.

Some guys had some crazy amount of play/wobble though and had to send them back for repair.

Not sure how common it is with recent builds but I'd venture to guess its now under control and something closely checked before leaving the factory given how much attention this got.

The latest FW apparently fixes many of the gimbal horizon issues many folks had. I haven't gotten a chance to fly since updating but the commentary from dozens of posts I've read say it is fixed for them. Some others still have issues with it though.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I flew 7 batteries today, mostly over the pacific. Absolutely awesome day :). My mid March bird I received direct from DJI had compass error's during which time my camera would glich out for usually only about 30 seconds or less. Since updating I've had ZERO compass errors and not one camera/footage glitches. ND filter is a must imo and I plan on getting a darker one as soon as they're offered. If you got the cash I'd buy buy buy again. Super happy, especially with this latest FW.

I think the ND filter and the ability to swap them is a huge plus... :cool:

Just be sure to get a rev C if buying new... ;)
As you can see by my sig below... I have two of them...
"Lemon" (mid Feb B model) has play in the arm joints...
"Cutie" (end March C model) has NO play in the arm joints...
I think DJI is learning as they go on quality control and assy process improvements...

As you can see in my video linked to in the below thread... "Cutie Spy" is an example of a good one.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/show-and-tell-video-posted-to-youtube.2361/

Last edited:
The P3 has nothing on the I1.
Just today I flew her in what had to be the strongest winds that she's ever flown in and she flew as if it wasn't windy at all. I fly Atti, and once you learn how to fly in Atti you'll understand where all the money went. Today I honesty felt good about the 3769 Australian dollars that I dropped to pick one up. This feeling is not something one can explain to you on a digital forum page, this is something you're only gonna feel once you take control of your own sexy white lady. If I were doing it all again knowing what I know today about this beautiful aircraft, I wouldn't even think twice about it. I'd snap one up in a hearbeat.

Thanks for the info guys. I really like the idea and the options offered on the Inspire. On the other side I have two Phantoms 2 with Zero, I mean zero issues. I don't mind spending the extra money, but the thought of spending the money and then running into either mechanical, hardware, software or firmware issues makes me sick to my stomach. Just a personal thing I'm going to need to work out in my head

... I don't mind spending the extra money, but the thought of spending the money and then running into either mechanical, hardware, software or firmware issues makes me sick to my stomach. Just a personal thing I'm going to need to work out in my head

Just keep in mind there are no guarantees. Most of us haven't had any issues, while a few, unfortunately, have had their share of problems, like sirnikolas said, his good to go now. That can happen with anything you buy like this, car, boat, UAV, etc.

Just keep in mind there are no guarantees. Most of us haven't had any issues, while a few, unfortunately, have had their share of problems, like sirnikolas said, his good to go now. That can happen with anything you buy like this, car, boat, UAV, etc.

Oh yea, I fully understand. One of the reason why I have held off on the Inspire. It sounded like many had nightmare issues a few back. I've been lucky, never had to deal with DJI customer service. The price point is the thorn in my side. Your paying almost twice the price for the Inspire even though the P3 is 90% there

Hello all

Long time reader but never posted before. I currently own two Phantoms 2 using a go pro 3 and 4. Looking to get a third bird but two things are currently stopping me. One is the wobble / shaking some owners are getting on their inspires. The second is the complaints about the camera either not being or going our of horizontal alignment...

You know I've been hearing about that also. In hindsight, I believe most of it could be contributed to an unbalanced prop.

What I think I could do is a practical experiment to check this myth out. Surprisingly I have a second bird for this test.

I just need to find the time to get this completed.

I think the test should be:

Bird 1 - balanced prop
Bird 2 - stock props
then switch props and do observations.

Reactions: sirnikolas
You can view my youtube channel and also take a look at the range you get with the Inspire here
I recommend calling "Josh" at https://www.multicopterwarehouse.com so you have a good rep behind you for any possible issues and to put your mind at ease. Great guy and you will want him in your corner for support. DJI will take care of you if you have an issue, but having Josh and Multicoptorwarehouse behind you also will just make you feel even more confindent. If you have the money for Inspire 1, you won't regret it. I've had plenty with plenty of problems with other drones and really LOVE this Inspire 1! Tell Josh you spoke to the "drone doctor" and this is what I ordered.......... he'll take care of you!

Oh yea, I fully understand. One of the reason why I have held off on the Inspire. It sounded like many had nightmare issues a few back. I've been lucky, never had to deal with DJI customer service. The price point is the thorn in my side. Your paying almost twice the price for the Inspire even though the P3 is 90% there
If you cant see the difference and are afraid, dont do it. Millions of us are commercial operators and we trust these drones for our living. Thats life. If the P3 is good enough for you, stay with it. Unless you know how to operate a pro camera, you will have lots of issues with the X5. Its not a toy. All the best.

If you cant see the difference and are afraid, dont do it. Millions of us are commercial operators and we trust these drones for our living. Thats life. If the P3 is good enough for you, stay with it. Unless you know how to operate a pro camera, you will have lots of issues with the X5. Its not a toy. All the best.

Alcoholic beverages tonight?

This was last year :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth