Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lost a propeller and crashed

Una imagen vale más que mil palabras.
IMG_0548.JPG

1.- El negro hexa, 2 años volando. de maravilla, pero era grande, lo uso con una gh3.
2.- El rojo, scanea y hace este tipo de cosas. Va perfecto.
3.- El yuneec blanco.. vuela perfecto, es muy suave, no como el nervios de i-one.
hace estas cosas..
Sería imposible hacer estos movimientos, con el i-one, es un equipo muy nervioso, no entiendo que para video, diseñen un equipo que puede correr en formula-1.
hasta 80km, es exagerado.. en video no hace falta velocidad.

4.- "Super inspire-1" sobre 15 vuelos pierde una helice y cae de 15 metros, accidente grave.

He de seguir trabajando con los otros equipos, inspire one, no es seguro..tendría miedo a volar la misma unidad.

No creo volar mas con esta unidad, a no ser que envien una nueva, incluida la camara, que es lo unico bueno del i-one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Los que volais en España con inspire-1 hacerlo por si acaso lejos, lejos bien lejos de cualquier propiedad, bien o personas. Lo tuvimos que recoger del tejado de la casa-villa, fue una verdadera odisea.

El trabajo era en una villa apartada, y no paso nada.
Tampoco quiero que mi seguro page la unidad nueva por el fallo de DJI en el diseño de la sujeccion de las helices.
¡ No es justo ¡

No quiero pensar otra cosa...si cae encima de un coche, una persona, o dentro de una propiedad, eso ya es un problema serio. Yo he tenido suerte pues se alquilo una villa para el rodaje de varias modelos.

El trabajo se perdió, y no se filmo nada.. La productora habia visto videos de la camara del ione, y queria solo esa camara.. Se integra muy bien con blackmagic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards
Peter

Peter,

Please note as per our forum rules:
The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.

Thank You.

Peter,

The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.

Thank You.
I sorry
A large text is difficult for me, but try another choice with traductor, but dont like fail in gramatical, can be confuse...

Best

Peter

Una imagen vale más que mil palabras.
IMG_0548.JPG

1.- El negro hexa, 2 años volando. de maravilla, pero era grande, lo uso con una gh3.
2.- El rojo, scanea y hace este tipo de cosas. Va perfecto.
3.- El yuneec blanco.. vuela perfecto, es muy suave, no como el nervios de i-one.
hace estas cosas..
Sería imposible hacer estos movimientos, con el i-one, es un equipo muy nervioso, no entiendo que para video, diseñen un equipo que puede correr en formula-1.
hasta 80km, es exagerado.. en video no hace falta velocidad.

4.- "Super inspire-1" sobre 15 vuelos pierde una helice y cae de 15 metros, accidente grave.

He de seguir trabajando con los otros equipos, inspire one, no es seguro..tendría miedo a volar la misma unidad.

No creo volar mas con esta unidad, a no ser que envien una nueva, incluida la camara, que es lo unico bueno del i-one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Los que volais en España con inspire-1 hacerlo por si acaso lejos, lejos bien lejos de cualquier propiedad, bien o personas. Lo tuvimos que recoger del tejado de la casa-villa, fue una verdadera odisea.

El trabajo era en una villa apartada, y no paso nada.
Tampoco quiero que mi seguro page la unidad nueva por el fallo de DJI en el diseño de la sujeccion de las helices.
¡ No es justo ¡

No quiero pensar otra cosa...si cae encima de un coche, una persona, o dentro de una propiedad, eso ya es un problema serio. Yo he tenido suerte pues se alquilo una villa para el rodaje de varias modelos.

El trabajo se perdió, y no se filmo nada.. La productora habia visto videos de la camara del ione, y queria solo esa camara.. Se integra muy bien con blackmagic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards
Peter
Cool fleet of choppers!! Hope you get your inspire1 sorted out ..
turb...

Good luck trying to get your money back. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

That's what many members of this forum firmly believe.

Thanks.....I'm not too concerned about getting any money back, but, am I in violation of my warranty if I decide to remove the QR setup and go with screw on props and prop locks?

Peter,

Thank You.
no embedded translating tool?

Just read the thread and as I always felt/was sure "New" QR Props are a disaster waiting to happen!!

They are becoming not so "new" now.

I am willing to bet this becomes more and more common as they start to wear and flying hours on them accumulate...........

Or maybe I just look at things from a logical point of view.

If it looks like a fish,swims like a fish and smells like a fish -it is a fish.

Done well over 100 flights on the same set of QR hubs and props, no visible sign of wear on either. I check the hubs and propeller locks after each days flying for cracks and wear. I also check and ensure the lock springs still have good resistance and the hub screws are tight. When installing the props I always ensure I have a good lock, you can feel the prop push up and lock into the prop locking tabs. I then check i have good resistance when trying to turn the prop clockwise and anti clockwise holding the motors. I will be changing the hubs and props after the next 20 or so flights. I will screw the used hubs into a piece of wood and test with a the used prop to find out how much resistance there is to over come the prop locking tabs without pushing down on the prop. I believe the hubs will break before the prop tabs give way. Watch the video, there is no way that prop will come off unless there is a catastrophic failure of some sort!!

<iframe src="QR Prop Lock from Leslie Mess on Vimeo" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="
">QR Prop Lock</a> from <a href="Leslie Mess">Leslie Mess</a> on <a href="Watch, share and upload your high quality videos | Vimeo">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Hi Peter,
Really sorry for your loss, i would hate not having my bird for several months. I want to get a grasp on what went wrong with the prop or hub on your bird. The hubs all look good, as you have not done so much flights I assume the springs had good resistance. So I really need to see the offending prop to see if there was any wear on the hub locks. You can't tell the difference between my used and a new prop after at least 70 on and off's.

Now to the video, I normally apply downforce to the prop until it locks and release the force slowly. In the video I pushed down and turned the prop until the hubs and slots were partly engaged then just turned the prop with my finger until the lugs on the hubs fully engaged with the locks on the prop. The click you heard was the force of the springs pushing the prop up and locking it in place.

That prop will not come away unless the prop or hub breaks or screws come loose and I mitigate this my my meticulous preflight checks. I have read on the forums that the prop can overcome the tension on the spring during some severe flight manoeuvres or breaking I,m no physicist but that's a load of bull.

Normal flight naturally keeps the hubs and prop locks engaged by almost a kg in each corner, this may vary depending on how you are flying your bird so you have to overcome the suspended weight of the bird and the spring tension before the props can fly off. Also the prop locks have almost a captive stop at the side it would have to overcome to fly off.

So what happened to your bird, I don't know just like the myriad of other unexplained failures there has been documented in this forum. I as the thousands of other users of the QR props have full confidence in the system.
I have one set of Screw on props and locks and a set of alloy hubs that I have never used that I bought not long after receiving my bird. I did install the alloy hubs but did not like the excessive interference with the prop locks so removed them.

Hope you get her repaired soon

All the best

Les

Hey everyone, i am an inspire owner as well, i fly for business so have a pricing structure in my billing that makes it very easy for me to change what i consider consumable parts. I do consider these as consumable, and i change every 50 setups. I don;t know why i chose this number, and get they can fail before hand as well, but it always made sense to me as they are fragile plastic parts that can go wrong for sure... The cost was not important to me, simply a safety thing in my mind.

Reactions: Hercules_One
Sorry for your loss Peter! Thank you for sharing your pictures and experience. Don't give up on a repair to easily though. I had Inspire go down, needed camera connections, one arm, one motor pod and 3 motors and it was only around 300 dollars for repair. Just takes a long time.

Done well over 100 flights on the same set of QR hubs and props, no visible sign of wear on either. I check the hubs and propeller locks after each days flying for cracks and wear. I also check and ensure the lock springs still have good resistance and the hub screws are tight. When installing the props I always ensure I have a good lock, you can feel the prop push up and lock into the prop locking tabs. I then check i have good resistance when trying to turn the prop clockwise and anti clockwise holding the motors. I will be changing the hubs and props after the next 20 or so flights. I will screw the used hubs into a piece of wood and test with a the used prop to find out how much resistance there is to over come the prop locking tabs without pushing down on the prop. I believe the hubs will break before the prop tabs give way. Watch the video, there is no way that prop will come off unless there is a catastrophic failure of some sort!!

<iframe src="QR Prop Lock from Leslie Mess on Vimeo" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="
">QR Prop Lock</a> from <a href="Leslie Mess">Leslie Mess</a> on <a href="Watch, share and upload your high quality videos | Vimeo">Vimeo</a>.</p>
Hi Lesmess, thanks for the video. My QR props made a very similar sound with your technique, so I guess I'm on the safe side for now, I will do that technique from now on.

FOR Avispa, in spanish asking for the loose prop:

Hola Avispa, siento mucho el accidente, ojalá tengas suerte con la garantía.
Lograste recuperar la hélice siniestrada? Sería de mucha ayuda una foto zoom del interior de esta para saber si falló catastróficamente alguno de los seguros que trae en su interior. Gracias

For what its worth I had had two experiences where a prop has spun off ( QR Props) as I started up the rotors.

Each time I had thought I had put them on and done a quick check.

Each time I was wrong, my check had not been thorough enough and I had not seated the QR prop securely. Having put the props on literally hundreds of times I guess I got sloppy. my error and I ensure I double check them each time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips