Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Max Payload

This is not the video that I saw last year, but the concept is exactly the same.

Thanks...! there are some smart people around. Given I know nothing much at all, for the moment, about Inspires, should I look for the Inspire 1 or 2..?
After it's special application, we would have continual use for filming etc. But would be nice to reach Achtel and ask for set of claws..

Okay, wife is calling for lunch
Cheers

Thanks...! there are some smart people around. Given I know nothing much at all, for the moment, about Inspires, should I look for the Inspire 1 or 2..?
After it's special application, we would have continual use for filming etc. But would be nice to reach Achtel and ask for set of claws..

Okay, wife is calling for lunch
Cheers
I wish I could advise you on which one to choose. Inspire 1's are pretty cheap now that the Inspire 2 is shipping, but it is still a very capable aircraft that delivers solid footage. The new frame rates and ability to record to ProRes is what sold me on the upgrade.

Reactions: Gren
I wish I could advise you on which one to choose. Inspire 1's are pretty cheap now that the Inspire 2 is shipping, but it is still a very capable aircraft that delivers solid footage. The new frame rates and ability to record to ProRes is what sold me on the upgrade.

Well my friend, you have opened a potential way forward and will now continue to research and do comparisons etc. I am intigued by that YouTube video by Ftolino where the drone is really put to the test which is quite impressive. I suspect that DJI and one or two others always under-rate the specs in the sales material. I will keep you informed - thanks again.

Reactions: ReesAerials
That's not my video it's on YouTube. An yes it's quite impressive. I'd say with the camera off an using the fpv cam it's completely possibly. The I1 will not carry that much weight. There's a company that makes two clips that bolt to the main beams going out. You keep the landing gear down and when you want it to drop you put the legs up . I'll look for a link

Sorry for your loss by the way . Would someone with a actual helicopter do it . Probably be cheaper

That's not my video it's on YouTube. An yes it's quite impressive. I'd say with the camera off an using the fpv cam it's completely possibly. The I1 will not carry that much weight. There's a company that makes two clips that bolt to the main beams going out. You keep the landing gear down and when you want it to drop you put the legs up . I'll look for a link

Hi and appreciate you getting back. But still, the YouTube test of the I2 suggested that even with gimbal and camera, it lifted 2.46 Kg with little trouble and the tug on the guage showed max stop was 4.5 Kg. That's pretty impressive. I just want to carry and drop no more than 3Kg. If |I can do with with inspire instead of going up to the much more expensive heavy lifters, I'd go for the I2.
Yeh, I can see how the delay on lifting legs could act as the means to trigger the drop... Just gotta get a pair of those lovely claws.
Thanks again.

You'll be at Max limit an in no way am I condoning you to do it but it's completely your Choice . I'm just saying I think it's capable without flying with the camera on. Inspire 2 has a built in fpv camera so you'll still be able to see

That is a pretty cool story. I bet the guy that did this about two years and then posted all of his videos wishes that he would have patented the idea and started building. Here is a link to the company making that product for those that are interested.

Skyzimir - drone wear

That is a pretty cool story. I bet the guy that did this about two years and then posted all of his videos wishes that he would have patented the idea and started building. Here is a link to the company making that product for those that are interested.

Skyzimir - drone wear

Very cool and useful for all sorts of applications. I see they still rate the max payload as 0.8Kg, which as we now know I1 and I2 can carry close to 3 Kg.
Question for you. Just to keep the nett weight to a minimum, I will contact a local Australian DJI dealer to ask if its possible to buy the drone without gimbal and camera (to commence with). I have 3DR Solo with Hero 4B and a Hubsan that both have pretty good recording abilities.

Dear Gren;
Bro you need to explain the reason right from the get go on using the drone to fly your grandparents ashes over the waves to drop them in the ocean. I am sure NAS was all over your post before you stated your reason for wanting to move 7 LB and drop it. You scared the hell out of me as a pilot and professional drone pilot making a living at this and want to continue to be able to do so. Very admirable of you to do this for your grandparents. If I was in the area I would do it for free for you. Check with your local drone clubs and see if anyone would be willing to do this for you. All in All professional drone pilots are a VERY compassionate group and would be glad to help you for free. I wish you the best of luck and hope some pro close to you sees this post and helps you out.
God Bless

Reactions: Ftolino

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth