Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New FW 1.8.1.00 Issued 7 Apr 16

Sorry for this but just wanted to pass along that I seriously need an exorcist.

Not only is my Inspire possessed it now appears my Trainer Drone, Phantom 3 Standard, has also been possessed.

I am so screwed. :(

This is what came out of the update...

"========== 2016.01.30 16:09:29 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ... Please hold

========== 2016.01.31 11:57:05 =====================
Upgrading ... Thank you for holding, please enjoy DJI's latest hit, "Dit...Dit...Dit...Dit"

========== 2014.01.01 00:01:03 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ... BTW your Inspire told me that Jennifer Lawrence is in love with you. I'd hit it also. ;)

========== 2016.04.18 18:04:59 =====================
Upgrading ...
Result: Good News. Taylor Swift is not pregnant."

I want what you are smoking!

Maybe its just me, but after a few more flights, 1.8 feels a little unstable.. 2nd time in 340+ flights that I have been disconnected at 1800+ft away, and had to RTH. Also, it seems to "wonder" around when the sticks are neutral.

Maybe its just me, but after a few more flights, 1.8 feels a little unstable.. 2nd time in 340+ flights that I have been disconnected at 1800+ft away, and had to RTH. Also, it seems to "wonder" around when the sticks are neutral.

I noticed a "wander" too. I thought it was loosing signal. But the signal bars looked good and no errors on the screen. I'd try and bank to the left and it wanted to swing back going the direction it was going. Glad it's just not me

Ben

Hi Guys, does anyone who has upgraded to latest 1.8.1.00 firmware think the excessive noise problem many of us experienced in the previous version has been fixed or is better in d-log or cine. I rolled back to 1.3 because of it and am reluctant to upgrade again if still no better. Appreciate anyone's take on this?

There are separate copies of 1.8.1.00 for Inspire 1 and Inspire 1 Pro. You need to select the appropriate one for you. You need GO app 2.7.2 connected to your RC and to the internet for it to detect the need to update the RC to 1.5.80. WARNING - Ensure you update the aircraft BEFORE the RC. Otherwise, you will not be able to connect the RC to the aircraft.
Scot
I am trying to up date and using the same procedure as other updates but the dot dot dot dot does not start. Any recommendations?

Updated "Cutie" two days ago and flew it some today with no obvious issues of note...
I can confirm the Maps Made Easy app works fine with the new software...
See sig below for more info... ;)

Scot
I am trying to up date and using the same procedure as other updates but the dot dot dot dot does not start. Any recommendations?
If you are not getting the DDDD update tones it usually means you are at the latest standard. Check the txt file on the MicroSD card and switch on display hidden files and check the detailed hidden txt file (in /MISC/LOG).

Just wanted to share my experience with the update. After seeing the update needed in the app i foolishly moved forward with the rc update thinking it would be ok since the app would probably be a good thing to follow and it said i can update rc. So after downgrading the rc and starting on the ac update i had fail after fail maybe 10 times, it always failed. So i figured ill stick with the old firmware. But now no signal problem, black screen, full signal for hd and could fly the bird and fw matched. Tried again to update to new fw and it still failed. Looked at the app and it said the ac was on 1.8, even though it wasn't successful. So i updated rc and it was all communicating, but no signal. Boot, reboot, tried fw ac update again, failed. Booted, now the app says camera needs update, re installed bin on sd and did ac update and success. During all this i was talking to support and they came to the conclusion i need to send it in. Unsatisfied i kept doing every process i could think of to avoid sending it in.

Everything works fine, i have signal, minor gimbal roll issues. After a few perfect flights i had a moment of signal loss as i was taking photos at 395' above me. It came back after a few moments.

Ive never had update issues before, so this caught me off guard. Now im paranoid about transmission problems.. Oh well

I am happy with camera quality, as long as i use vivid color mode, dlog and cine is crap, but im not a pro photographer so i may not have things tweaked as needed for those modes

Just wanted to share my experience with the update. After seeing the update needed in the app i foolishly moved forward with the rc update thinking it would be ok since the app would probably be a good thing to follow and it said i can update rc. So after downgrading the rc and starting on the ac update i had fail after fail maybe 10 times, it always failed. So i figured ill stick with the old firmware. But now no signal problem, black screen, full signal for hd and could fly the bird and fw matched. Tried again to update to new fw and it still failed. Looked at the app and it said the ac was on 1.8, even though it wasn't successful. So i updated rc and it was all communicating, but no signal. Boot, reboot, tried fw ac update again, failed. Booted, now the app says camera needs update, re installed bin on sd and did ac update and success. During all this i was talking to support and they came to the conclusion i need to send it in. Unsatisfied i kept doing every process i could think of to avoid sending it in.

Everything works fine, i have signal, minor gimbal roll issues. After a few perfect flights i had a moment of signal loss as i was taking photos at 395' above me. It came back after a few moments.

Ive never had update issues before, so this caught me off guard. Now im paranoid about transmission problems.. Oh well

I am happy with camera quality, as long as i use vivid color mode, dlog and cine is crap, but im not a pro photographer so i may not have things tweaked as needed for those modes
----------------------------------------
Hi
I just fell into exactly the same dark hole after accidentally kicking off the upgrade via the DJI Go App. Spent all day yesterday trying to remedy the situation, before I learned how to roll back the RC install. I've tried upgrading the AC and Camera but the BIN doesn't seem to activate (despite loading it onto 2 different Flash memory cards). After this ordeal I won't be upgrading firmware until at least 1 version. Why DJI can't have a single seamless update process that is fully managed by the App - is beyond me. Push the UPDATE button in the App, and it does everything sequentially. For a tech-based company, today's firmware update process is rubbish! I hope DJI streamlines this for everyone's sake!

----------------------------------------
Hi
I just fell into exactly the same dark hole after accidentally kicking off the upgrade via the DJI Go App. Spent all day yesterday trying to remedy the situation, before I learned how to roll back the RC install. I've tried upgrading the AC and Camera but the BIN doesn't seem to activate (despite loading it onto 2 different Flash memory cards). After this ordeal I won't be upgrading firmware until at least 1 version. Why DJI can't have a single seamless update process that is fully managed by the App - is beyond me. Push the UPDATE button in the App, and it does everything sequentially. For a tech-based company, today's firmware update process is rubbish! I hope DJI streamlines this for everyone's sake!
DJI has been moving towards a more reliable update process using the app but has not yet done the leap with the aircraft update. Regardless to what they do people still refuse to read the instructions.

DJI has been moving towards a more reliable update process using the app but has not yet done the leap with the aircraft update. Regardless to what they do people still refuse to read the instructions.
You are spot on there! Can't understand what the deal is; I have a V1 x3 and a V2 Pro and have updated both in accordance with DJI instructions and it was smooth as glass. I understand that people are nervous, but for god-sake people slow down and read.

How many times I have said this? :p
It must be a technology thing nowadays that people flatly refuse to read any kind of associated literature or online instructions.
Oh well.......you can lead a horse to water.........

How many times I have said this? :p
It must be a technology thing nowadays that people flatly refuse to read any kind of associated literature or online instructions.
Oh well.......you can lead a horse to water.........
They will read when they are up against it as the last resort if it means getting airborne rather than grounded..lol!

So I updated the aircraft first and the notes on the SD card showed it as successful. The RC is not showing a firmware update is available. The RC shows version 1.6.0 - is this correct or does it correspond with the aircraft number? I am running app version 2.8.0.

So I updated the aircraft first and the notes on the SD card showed it as successful. The RC is not showing a firmware update is available. The RC shows version 1.6.0 - is this correct or does it correspond with the aircraft number? I am running app version 2.8.0.

What does the "status" window say in the app?

Ok great! Sounds like I'm ready for a test flight. Thank you!
Since you have just updated firmware on all hardware devices don't forget to do an IMU calibration (on a cold aircraft) as well as a compass calibration and stick calibration.
From there on after you will not need to redo any calibrations but do always check mod values before every takeoff. (Lots on that on the forum)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell