Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New FW 1.8.1.00 Issued 7 Apr 16

I did the update. No problems at all. smoooooooooth. Performed a test flight for 13 minutes out to 2 miles and NO problems at all.

I have updated the remote controller without doing it first for the aircraft and I can't exit the travel mode and so be unable to update the aircraft
Do you have an idea on how to exist the travel mode to make the update ?
Did you fix the problem with the firmware upgrade? I made the same mistake of upgrading the remote first. Now I can't upgrade the Inspire 1. PLEASE let me know what you did :)

Thanks,
Khris

Did you fix the problem with the firmware upgrade? I made the same mistake of upgrading the remote first. Now I can't upgrade the Inspire 1. PLEASE let me know what you did :)

Thanks,
Khris

This is absolutely unbelievable!!

Has the option to set the home position as the controller been moved? Could not see it in the home screen today.

Thank you. But now it works fine for me. The problem was, it didnt show any upgrade for the RC Controller in the app. Only after restarting several time it popped up. Now everything works.
I'm having the same issue. I have restarted the RC 15 times and it still will not update. What steps did you do to get it working?

I finally got a chance to fly last night with 1.8 on my Inspire Pro. My settings for stills was -1, 0, 0 shooting RAW, ISO 100 and trying to stay around f5.6. I had initially set sharpness to -2 but changed it. I should have kept it. In my opinion, -1 is still too sharp as some noise (or what appears to be noise) was introduced and really unremovable in post. The attached shot was ISO 100, f4.0, 1/320. Sharpening in LR is set to 53 with masking at 35 and 0 noise reduction. I also had a few No Signal?Weak Image Transmission dropouts (with full signal on my RC for both RC and feed). I also still have pan drift, even at hover in flight. Thoughts?

Attachments

• fedapril1.jpg
    fedapril1.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 56
I finally got a chance to fly last night with 1.8 on my Inspire Pro. My settings for stills was -1, 0, 0 shooting RAW, ISO 100 and trying to stay around f5.6. I had initially set sharpness to -2 but changed it. I should have kept it. In my opinion, -1 is still too sharp as some noise (or what appears to be noise) was introduced and really unremovable in post. The attached shot was ISO 100, f4.0, 1/320. Sharpening in LR is set to 53 with masking at 35 and 0 noise reduction. I also had a few No Signal?Weak Image Transmission dropouts (with full signal on my RC for both RC and feed). I also still have pan drift, even at hover in flight. Thoughts?
I just flew 2 batteries with my inspire Pro and found some considerable altitude hold drift, especially up to 20 m. Maybe it was just ground proximity turbulence since it was gusting 18 mph but it felt much more skittish than it should have been.

I just flew 2 batteries with my inspire Pro and found some considerable altitude hold drift, especially up to 20 m. Maybe it was just ground proximity turbulence since it was gusting 18 mph but it felt much more skittish than it should have been.
If active braking is set too low you can get drift in high winds. I increased mine and drifting stopped. Not just peculiar to this firmware either.

Last edited:
All firmware updated & working fine. Just finished updating the RC. Just waiting for my other batteries to charge then I'm good to go.

Just need to do all my calibrations now;)

Reactions: The Editor
Correct - Altitude is only monitored/controlled by a barometer sensor within the flight controller. Resolution is approx 10cm.
The vertical drift I experienced was just after take off with 19 sats and had to adjust altitude quite a bit for a few mins when I was faffing around with the camera settings. As I was flying from the top of a convex rise, I think it may have just been turbulence in the gusts. Seemed to be better when I got up to operating alt (30 m) where you would expect the wind to be less turbulent although greater.

Last edited:
The vertical drift I experienced was just after take off with 19 sats and had to adjust altitude quite a bit for a few mins when I was faffing around with the camera settings. As I was flying form the top of a convex rise, I think it may have just been turbulence in the gusts. Seemed to be better when I got up to operating alt (30 m) where you would expect the wind to be less turbulent although greater.
Yes, gusty conditions can cause a difference in air pressure on the barometer making the aircraft adjust altitude. Pilots should always be mindful of this when flying in windy conditions.

Well, I'm not sure what this adds to the debate, but I did this the wrong way...

I wanted to do a bit with the flight simulator and the GO app came up saying everything (aircraft, batteries and RC) needed updated. So I downloaded and updated the RC.

The message when I tried to link them through GO was 'signal lost', so I downloaded the 1.8.1 firmware and started the upgrade process. Then I read the forum and realised that I done it the wrong way round. Eventually (after 20 to 30 mins) the aircraft stopped beeping (beeping? more like a quiet grunting noise that sounded at the end like 'grrgrr grr grr'). I switched off and booted everything up and it all seems OK.

The aircraft when I started to update the RC was on a table with the legs down. Maybe that made a difference.

I haven't flown it yet, but I shall in the morning.

Cheers

Mark

Finally and and a week after i install 1.7 i upgrated to 1.8 and finall firmware upgrade ... on my Inspire 1 Version 1
I have flown 7 times already and i have to said i miss the power i had before on versions 1.3.2 i do not knnow why they change max speed ?
Also now i have horizon problems ...... i have to adjust Roll axis all the time. I have never had thise problem befor with version 1.3.2 and 1.5 ....

Also noticed with new firmware that it does NOT maintain the attitude so good since i installed ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido