Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

panning with right hand Dial in single user mode

• Thread starter Deleted member 20043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20043

Hello,

As a single remote controller I really miss one functionality on the remote control: It would be so much easier to shoot film if I could pan the camera with the Dial that is now used for camera settings by default. Via the customizable Back Button you can set this Dial to pan in dual remote controller mode,but not in single mode.

I cannot figure out what the reasoning of DJI is behind blocking the right-had dial for panning in single mode. Perhaps someone can bring me up-to-date or perhaps tell me that I'am mistaken here.

Rob

You mean the left hand dial? That can be switched between pan and tilt in both single and dual op configs.

The right dial has clicks so it's useless for that purpose.

I agree, it would be very useful to have that ability. As said it's possible to program one of the function buttons on the back to toggle the left dial between pan and tilt but having the ability to do both without toggling would be nice.

You mean the left hand dial? That can be switched between pan and tilt in both single and dual op configs.

The right dial has clicks so it's useless for that purpose.

Ok... Thanks. So also in dual remote control mode it is not possible to use the right hand dial to pan. I will check out what you just explained to me and customize the back button to switch from pitch to yaw.

Best Regards

@Kilrah: I can't get it work. This is what I do:

I set RC Function OFF. (I also tried Master). Next I program back button C2 to Switch Gimbal Mode (also tried C1). The Gimbal Dial will still only pitch even when I push or push and hold the bakc button C2.

In the manual it says that there should be a choice for the back buttons GIMBAL PITCH/YAW. I do not see that choice, so I assume some update changed it to Switch Gimbal Mode.

Could you help out me further?

Thanks

(I am now realizing I should have strated this thread in the Help forum)

One more thing: In the manual on page 30 it says:

Use the gimbal dial on the remote controller to control the pitch movement of the camera in the
single remote controller mode, however, you cannot control the pan movement of the camera.

So I think it is not possible

Kieran is right, "the left hand dial. That can be switched between pan and tilt in both single and dual op configs." I can pan & tilt in single controller mode.

When you are in the selection of choices to set C1/C2 scroll the list down, you will then see the choice you are after.
I agree with Kilrah to attempt to pitch or pan the camera using the right hand scroll wheel (if it was possible, which it isn't) would be useless as the right hand wheel is notched so you could never get smooth movement from it.

Yes! Works now. Not very clever of myself not to scroll further. Thanks for the help.

When you are in the selection of choices to set C1/C2 scroll the list down, you will then see the choice you are after.
I agree with Kilrah to attempt to pitch or pan the camera using the right hand scroll wheel (if it was possible, which it isn't) would be useless as the right hand wheel is notched so you could never get smooth movement from it.

To me the notched wheel would be useful, in case each 'click' could mean a different turn rate (3 deg/sec, 5 deg/sec, etc).

Actually, I would like to have dials for many things, like Vertical Speed, Turn Rate, etc, would be helpful for a single operator.

Last edited:
Will someone email me or post the directions to program the left button on the back to switch the gimbal to and from pan to up& down. What's the point of having the landing legs retract if you can only shoot out the front. Not much better then p3 except for the zemuse lens image quality . I want to hover over a site and take images in all directions without having to turn the drone!

Okay, so why don't you put your finger on the screen and move the camera in all directions, pan/tilt works well.

I have the bottom C1 and C2 buttons set to toggle "Gimbal Yaw/Pitch" (RH) and "Reset Gimbal Yaw" (LH). To do gimbal pitch and yaw at the same time, I set the wheel to "pitch" and use the aircraft yaw on the left stick while using the wheel. I set the gimbal speed to very low and use a very light touch on the left stick. Yes, when moving horizontally the craft will make a slight curve using this method, but a little left/right on the right stick can correct, although I need to practice more to get it truly smooth and not over-react.

I don't use the on-screen camera controls because I'm usually piloting with both hands.

The instructions for programming the C1 or C2 button to toggle pan / yaw is on page 36 of the V1.8 manual, here:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Inspire _1_User_Manual__V1.8.pdf

mTp

Last edited:
Thanks both for your responses! It's good to have more then one way to accomplish this. I have changed the gimbal rate to 70 to make a slow pan . I have to look and play on the app as all I see is the 4 diff modes on the left. It would be great to be able to highlight the blue box and draw the pan ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop