Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

POI

For those of you that have tried the new POI features, can you describe the intended functions and why it does or does not work? Is there finally a good Orbit function? Thanks.

I stand corrected, I had to reset my iPad Pro to let it download the newest version of the Go App to get the POI function to work. I ran out of daylight to give it a good test but it does function. Thanks All!

For those of you that have tried the new POI features, can you describe the intended functions and why it does or does not work? Is there finally a good Orbit function? Thanks.

Two options:

1. POI around a point defined by the location of the I2 at the start, just like the the original I1 POI.

2. POI around a point set by taping on the map screen, which is useful but this doesn’t seem as accurate as method 1.

What I don't understand is I set the POI with the I2, fly out the radius distance. When I select either of the two choices the camera does not stay focused on the POI. It turns towards the direction the drone is traveling. What am I missing?

Last edited:
Do you have to be on the newest firmware or is this just an addition to the Go4 app?

Hey All,
I am running a Cendence and Crystal Sky Ultra and, as of today, everything seems to be up to date except POI is still "Coming Soon".
Is the POI function only available on iOS devices?
Thanks,
Ken

POI for crystal sky is “Coming Soon” lol. I think they are still working on this for Android
Hey All,
I am running a Cendence and Crystal Sky Ultra and, as of today, everything seems to be up to date except POI is still "Coming Soon".
Is the POI function only available on iOS devices?
Thanks,
Ken

Unbelievable. Arguably, one of the more useful functions, available on all of their consumer drones, and they still haven't figured it out on their own CrystalSky Android monitor. Come on DJI.

I was testing the POI function today. It seems that you have to manually adjust the gimbal (not the bird) towards your POI and make some slight adjustments to the angle to frame your shot properly. Otherwise, it does orbit the target initially set by the bird location. The other noticeable quirk is it does not orbit around the GPS coordinates with precision. So for example, If I set up a POI based on the position of the bird, fly off the radius I desire, invoke the POI, adjust the gimbal towards the POI and finally adjust the angle so my center cross hairs are on the target. The center cross hairs do not remain on the exact position, but rather make a small circle around it. So you must make sure your are far enough away to frame your shot without it going off frame as you orbit. So a bit of work needs to be done by DJI engineers to sharpen the precision.

Crap I dont want to upgrade the firmware on the bird yet till they work out the bugs. oh well I guess i wait.
I monitor both this thread and RCGroups for first-hand experiences with fw. I consider myself very conservative when it comes to upgrading, needing a week before the next gig as well as good reports from our cohorts. So, that being said, what are the current bugs that are holding you back? I upgraded all 3 of our machines last week and see no problems.

Some have indicated that upon landing the gimbal pans to the side and this has happened while in the air. I can’t afgid to have an uncommaned pan while flying. I had this issue with my Zenmuse for my gh4 years back and it took them 4 months to correct the problem.

Some have indicated that upon landing the gimbal pans to the side and this has happened while in the air. I can’t afgid to have an uncommaned pan while flying. I had this issue with my Zenmuse for my gh4 years back and it took them 4 months to correct the problem.

Yes, it often pans to the left on landing and also does it when it loses signal and initiates an RTH. The latter can be quite alarming because when you lose signal, by definition, you can’t see the camera feed so when it returns and you are facing 180 degrees from where you had been moments ago it can be slightly disorientating !

Are we in danger of getting a bit off topic here?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool