Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I want to utilize my Inspire 2 with X7 for a 6K HDR workflow, preferably using Final Cut Pro. As well as Canon R5(8K Raw), editing on new fully loaded MacBook Pro 16", for an 8K HDR output to Youtube. The goal is to create the best possible looking footage my gear is capable of. I am learning advanced color grading techniques, and plan on spending a good amount of time color grading each clip. I have a few questions...
Workflow:
Which video format on camera will provide the best results for my workflow?
Is there anything I need to know about FCP settings to maximize quality, besides making sure my workflow supports HDR front to back? Output format?

Gear: is the Cinessd Station required?
Will the 120gb Cinessd be big enough for shooting in the highest quality format? how much footage fits on 1 card(I looked but couldn't find this info)? was there not an option between 120 and 960 gb?
Will I need any other hardware to make this work besides CineSSD, CineSSD Station, CinemaDNG & Apple ProRes Activation Key, X7, and MacBook Pro?

does anyone have a video tutorial recommendation for me that gets to the point of what I want to learn without a bunch of superfluous information slowing my progress?

Thanks so much for your time!

Check out the link above to get an idea on your data rate needs depending on fps/video formats etc.

Reactions: Sproesser
Hey everyone,
I want to utilize my Inspire 2 with X7 for a 6K HDR workflow, preferably using Final Cut Pro. As well as Canon R5(8K Raw), editing on new fully loaded MacBook Pro 16", for an 8K HDR output to Youtube. The goal is to create the best possible looking footage my gear is capable of. I am learning advanced color grading techniques, and plan on spending a good amount of time color grading each clip. I have a few questions...
Workflow:
Which video format on camera will provide the best results for my workflow?
Is there anything I need to know about FCP settings to maximize quality, besides making sure my workflow supports HDR front to back? Output format?

Gear: is the Cinessd Station required?
Will the 120gb Cinessd be big enough for shooting in the highest quality format? how much footage fits on 1 card(I looked but couldn't find this info)? was there not an option between 120 and 960 gb?
Will I need any other hardware to make this work besides CineSSD, CineSSD Station, CinemaDNG & Apple ProRes Activation Key, X7, and MacBook Pro?

does anyone have a video tutorial recommendation for me that gets to the point of what I want to learn without a bunch of superfluous information slowing my progress?

Thanks so much for your time!
You need a larger SSD than the 120 GB.

If you want to use FCP shoot in ProRes raw for best results.

You need an HDR reference monitor to work with an HDR workflow. If you are getting the new M1 Pro or Max Mac Book Pro this is sufficient. There are better monitors but probably not worth the money it would take to get a better one.

Just Google HDR workflows in FCP. There’s more than say then can be said here.

Reactions: Sproesser

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters