Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Reliable I2 live streaming setup?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I own a drone company that has for the most part offered just promotional services for real estate and tv/video, however we are interested in adding live streaming for events/sports to our services offered but I'm a bit lost on the gear needed to do this. I know you can live stream to Facebook and Youtube with the Inspire 2 from DJI Go but how reliable is this? I've got a client that is interested in our live streaming abilities for a rowing regatta and they would like all of the races streamed to Facebook or Youtube but I'm not sure if streaming these races with just the 3G off my phone and the DJI stream will be enough to keep a 720p stream with very little latency. Do I need to invest in a lot of other gear to be able to offer this service? Thanks!

The biggest issue I see would be the battery life. Using a cellular iPad Mini 4, I have not come across any real latency issues, as far as I can tell. The real issue would be how long the rowing regatta is, time wise, hence the battery issue. In my experience, it seemed that Youtube did a better job of handling the stream than Facebook did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont