Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Remote range extenders

Reaction score
I've seen a number of aftermarket devices that attach to the remote that are supposed to extend the RF range between the remote and the copter and they all appear to be a kind of linear parabolic reflector that goes behind the antennae of the remote. Now, in principle it seems like a parabolic reflector thingy could increase the range some but I wonder if anyone here has used them and can comment on the difference in range when using them. I'm not sure I'd ever need them but wanted to know just in case.

http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1B.bQ...board-font-b-remote-b-font-font-b-control.jpg

Brian

I have this one. I'm not looking for huge range, just the ability to fly lower out around 2000' away without tons of interference, and the ability for the signal to get through wooded areas decently. Interestingly, the signal is the least good when directly overhead.

the reflectors do work, for the money they are best antenna upgrade you can do.
If you want to invest more money in to controller mod and better antenna you get more out of it, but it's up to you, you know what you want...

I will be doing video in a few days measuring output with and without antenna reflectors.
will post it here as soon I get it done and in the post I linked above.
Watch my previous video here:

Thanks

I will be doing video in a few days measuring output with and without antenna reflectors.
will post it here as soon I get it done and in the post I linked above.
Watch my previous video here:

Thanks

Any update on your tests?

Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thulasisree