Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Slave Controller Loss Of Video - Master Still Clear

Something along the lines of this would be ideal

5.8ghz PCB antenna

31b43ae090ff0d7f9144f22120247546.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would place it on the sides or bottom and add some shielding behind it as well.

where can i get one like this?
if i understand correct, having one of the pictured above i would only need to disconnect internally and plug this in with no need to cut off or out anything. right?

Just search google for 5.8 PCB antenna in your country and you should be able to find a supplier.

I bet eBay will have many as well

No cutting required I'm just trying to confirm the connect type

I'm in UK so my links would be no issue to you :)

I'm pretty sure the connector is U.FL

Last edited:
Reactions: Phatzo
I'm in UK so my links would be no issue to you :)

I'm pretty sure the connector is U.FL

would this: 4.9 GHz to 5.8 GHz 5 dBi Embedded Omni-Directional PCB Antenna - U.FL Connector - HG4958-05PU-UFL
be something i could use?
on first search there was no 5.8ghz only. most offer the 2.4 and 5.8 ghz in one pcb... searching on the phone is also not so efficient. will do some more searching. i would not like to snip and mod if not needed. i'd rather replace the 5.8ghz part relocate it within the RC somewhere and be fine :)

650 for an Rc that I haft to modify to work properly. It's over a year now still my slave Rc is a dud. Wish I was near a DJI flagship store. Brick thru the window like it was 1986.
When was this ever tested its never worked properly. In & out, in & out, i'm getting humped:eek:

Reactions: Brendan and Phatzo
That will be fine .

Just a note, I am assuming this is the issue, just remember there are no guarantees here , I spotted this on the setup about 6 months ago but forgot about it until I seen this thread, often manufactures do combine 2.4 and 5.8 antennas and they normally play well together but something here is knocking out the 2.4, the first port of call is to separate the antennas and see if that helps, my assumption is that the 2.4 receiver has poor filtering on the front end and it getting overloaded by the 5.8 in such close proximity, add to that some tests have shows that using manual channel selection with the whole 32 channel allocation can help on specific channels shows its some form of interference.

But there is no guarantees it is this and until some one tries separating the antennas, the 5.8 module look well shielded so I'd be shocked if it was anything else.

Just wanted to be clear that's all :)

I don't have duel ops or I would have done it my self by now

That will be fine .

Just a note, I am assuming this is the issue, just remember there are no guarantees here , I spotted this on the setup about 6 months ago but forgot about it until I seen this thread, often manufactures do combine 2.4 and 5.8 antennas and they normally play well together but something here is knocking out the 2.4, the first port of call is to separate the antennas and see if that helps, my assumption is that the 2.4 receiver has poor filtering on the front end and it getting overloaded by the 5.8 in such close proximity, add to that some tests have shows that using manual channel selection with the whole 32 channel allocation can help on specific channels shows its some form of interference.

But there is no guarantees it is this and until some one tries separating the antennas, the 5.8 module look well shielded so I'd be shocked if it was anything else.

Just wanted to be clear that's all :)

I don't have duel ops or I would have done it my self by now

i will gibe it a try with this and see how it goes. i do not want to unnessecerally cut and drill into the RC. i will replace and relocate the antenna and post results. :)

would this: 4.9 GHz to 5.8 GHz 5 dBi Embedded Omni-Directional PCB Antenna - U.FL Connector - HG4958-05PU-UFL
be something i could use?
on first search there was no 5.8ghz only. most offer the 2.4 and 5.8 ghz in one pcb... searching on the phone is also not so efficient. will do some more searching. i would not like to snip and mod if not needed. i'd rather replace the 5.8ghz part relocate it within the RC somewhere and be fine :)

ould someone tell me if the connector is the correct one on what i have found ?

Quick question chaps before I attempt to set up Master and Slave controllers........ where would I be able to find out if my RCs are "A", "B" or "C" versions?

on the back the model no shows

Both are GL658C, so I presume this will be happy days regarding setting up Master and Slave controllers, with none of the poor slave video problems found in earlier versions???

Both are GL658C, so I presume this will be happy days regarding setting up Master and Slave controllers, with none of the poor slave video problems found in earlier versions???
I don't believe there has been any information to say certain models are not affected

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters