Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Speed and maneuvering inspire 1

Reaction score
I had my inspire up to 60 today in atti mode. Would only do 40s in GPS. Also, drifting is a blast.
I am curious what types of speeds people are getting. Also, if anyone has been doing more aggressive flying. Cheers

I am not sure what the point is with flying the Inspire aggressively - It was never built for that purpose as its primary use is a camera platform.
There are far better and faster machines out there if sport flying is your 'thing'

The Editor is correct. They are designed for filming. But, some days the weather just doesn't allow for filming. So on those days, some of us like to test what the Inspire is capable of. I personally have gotten her upto 125 kilometers an hour in Atti.
You may want to continue posting in the following thread.

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/how-fast-have-you-gone.2366/

The Editor is correct. They are designed for filming. But, some days the weather just doesn't allow for filming. So on those days, some of us like to test what the Inspire is capable of. I personally have gotten her upto 125 kilometers an hour in Atti.
You may want to continue posting in the following thread.

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/how-fast-have-you-gone.2366/

I have never gotten out of first gear with mine. I still have my learner plates on. :p

It's not really a huge deal, but when you come from the world of Graupner and Futaba, I would really like to have have trim tabs on the remote controllers so that I could very, very gently perform camera moves without having to maintain constant pressure on the sticks.

I can (and do), of course, maintain the pressure on the sticks without any problem, but it would just be that much easier with trim...

I realize that I can use the left rotary for pan, but you still have to maintain constant pressure...

I have never gotten out of first gear with mine. I still have my learner plates on. :p

I feel the same way. I just like flying around looking at the scenery and see how cool my Inspire 1 looks up in the air. If I want to go fast, that's what I've got my 5th Scale RC Trucks for. LOL!!

I had my inspire up to 60 today in atti mode. Would only do 40s in GPS. Also, drifting is a blast.
I am curious what types of speeds people are getting. Also, if anyone has been doing more aggressive flying. Cheers
I have a Team Black Sheep Gemini mini racing hex Im trying to sell..it will do 70 mph!

Lol no way! You're trully missing out. When this baby hits 88 miles...

DOC: Marty Hurry, reach into my pocket and grab the hose for the flux capacitor
Marty: Sorry doc the only hose i can feel wont come loose
Doc: just keep tugging marty, the future depends on you

the inspire has pretty good manoeuvrability, i have done pretty aggressive flying with it with out the camera attached (just in case :D)
i got it to 25 m/s in atti mode thats about 90km/h and the fastest was 29m/s 104.4km/h the wind was in my favor when that happened and it was pretty hard to come back with that much wind.

it does turns as well as any other quad (i saw the props flexing way too much when i tested that i would not do it again without wood or carbon props)

so overall you will be able to fly pretty fast if needed.

FYI i would not do any kind of aggressive flying with the quick release props.

Adding x y Trim to the controllers would be great. Just like Futabas...The movements would be at a consistent rate making for better filming. INSPIRE wants the professional market and that is one big lacking feature especially for one person flying and shooting. Its pretty impossible to keep perfect smooth consistent pressure on a turn, yaw, climb, descend while shooting. I vote for that mod you suggested!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop