Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Still Can't Link Remote to Inspire - Help if You can

Reaction score
I've upgraded successfully both the Inspire and Remote to newest version. The updates have been confirmed via the hidden log file left behind, and subsequent upgrade attempts fail because both RC and Inspire recognize that the attempted upgrade is no newer than the installed firmware.

Still can't link the RC. Have tried everything including depleting the RC battery (which took a day). I have another remote which links perfectly, but the troubled remote also linked previously.

Is this just a firmware anomaly? Anybody have any ideas? I'm desperate for a solution.

Correct, the procedure s explained in the manual.
Overview:
In the app- RC Settings/RC Control Settings/ Linking Remote Controllers.
On the craft you press the little red button.

I have same problem because I lost my original remote I buy new one but I can't link it I already follow instruction on page 32 and 33 on the manual

I have same problem because I lost my original remote I buy new one but I can't link it I already follow instruction on page 32 and 33 on the manual

Are the Inspire and the new remote on the same firmware? If not, you won't be able to link them. If that's the case, update the firmware for both to the same version, then try linking again.

Yes but how I can upgrade the firmware I can't read firmware type on the air unit from my tablet I can only read firmware contoler

Yes but how I can upgrade the firmware I can't read firmware type on the air unit from my tablet I can only read firmware contoler
Download latest firmware into microSD card (root directory). Insert into camera slot. Power on the Inspire only. Wait for update to finish (Da...DaDa). Download the latest firmware to a USB flash drive per the installation instructions (root drive). Insert into controller. Power cycle both Inspire and RC. If no link, do the link procedure per the manual page 32-33.

If that doesn't work, you have a bricked controller and need to contact DJI support for further instructions. Good Luck.

Thanks guys. I am definitely on the most recent firmware on both. This has been confirmed, and of course, I have followed the link procedure. I've successfully linked a remote before. My problem is with this particular remote (which previously was linked with earlier firmware).

I am really at a loss other than to suspect that the remote is not operating correctly. Interestingly, when I link the prior working remote, the problem remote shows up on the liked remote app slave list. I checked and the problem remote is set up as a master.

Thanks guys. I am definitely on the most recent firmware on both. This has been confirmed, and of course, I have followed the link procedure. I've successfully linked a remote before. My problem is with this particular remote (which previously was linked with earlier firmware).

I am really at a loss other than to suspect that the remote is not operating correctly. Interestingly, when I link the prior working remote, the problem remote shows up on the liked remote app slave list. I checked and the problem remote is set up as a master.

Try turning off the problem remote (i.e., not Master or Slave, but off). Make sure the linked remote is off, as well. Then try turning on linked remote as master, and problem remote as slave.

Download latest firmware into microSD card (root directory). Insert into camera slot. Power on the Inspire only. Wait for update to finish (Da...DaDa). Download the latest firmware to a USB flash drive per the installation instructions (root drive). Insert into controller. Power cycle both Inspire and RC. If no link, do the link procedure per the manual page 32-33.

If that doesn't work, you have a bricked controller and need to contact DJI support for further instructions. Good Luck.
Okey I will try that hope not the controler problem thanks a lot

Try turning off the problem remote (i.e., not Master or Slave, but off). Make sure the linked remote is off, as well. Then try turning on linked remote as master, and problem remote as slave.

The problem remote won't link as a slave to the good Master Remote. However, when I set up the problem remote as a Master (obviously without connection to the Inspire), I can connect the Good remote as a Slave. Ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters