Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The DJI "Coming Soon (tm)" List for Inspire Owners

The DJI "Coming Soon (tm)" List for Inspire Owners - I was asked recently where/how I cooked up this list, so I decided I'd break it down:

1. Updated camera (the "X5"?)

a) The handheld gimbal is described as "modular" and DJI employees have stated it is the intent to make camera upgrades that will fit the Inspire.

b) The early leaked info on the Matrice 100 (originally called the "Matrix" until trademark infringement concerns likely caused the name change) referred to the new aircraft's "modular" gimbal attachment design and stated that the Matrice would support the Zenmuse X3 camera/gimbal (the existing one for the Inspire 1) and would also fit a camera/gimbal called the "X5". It is logical to presume that if the Matrice 100 fits the X3 and X5, that the Inspire, which already fits the X3 can fit the X5 as well.

c) DJI joined the MFT camera consortium earlier this year. That consortium is made of Micro Four Thirds camera manufacturers like Panasonic, Olympus, Sigma and others. It all points to a serious camera upgrade from DJI.

2. Handheld gimbal (promised in "Q2" - which ends in at the end of June)

Announced at CES if I recall correctly and prototypes shown at various shows.

3. Groundstation (aka "waypoints") support.

Promised originally as "coming soon" on the DJI FAQ page for the Inspire, an email was sent to DJI customers on 4/27/2015 stating that groundstation functionality would be coming soon. The email stated the feature will enable customers to "Plan and execute autonomous flight paths by telling your Inspire 1 where to go and what to do at up to 100 points on a map."

4. POI (ie orbit) flight mode

Promised as "coming soon" in the user manual (pg 60, v 1.2 En)

5. Home Lock flight mode

Promised as "coming soon" in the user manual (pg 60, v 1.2 En)

6. HDR camera mode (already enabled on the P3)

Already enabled in the Pilot app for the Phantom 3. Not yet available for the Inspire but expected.

7. Dynamic home point that actually follows the controller (like the manual describes)

The manual describes this working in a way that until very recently at least, it does not. Hopefully the manual or the FW will be upgraded to work this way.

Hope that helps.

Prop Guards? How can these not be offered? I don't get it. Liability, safety, keeping our aircraft from crashing with slight bumps...why can't DJI offer these?

hmmmm,

I was typing a post here about how DJI just forgot the P2 after the Vision+ was announced and how the Inspire seems to get the same treatment after the launch of the P3......

I decided to delete it. It became way to negative.

And I'm having such a nice afternoon, not going to spoil it.

Owning 2 Phantoms and now the Inspire...there is really no comparison. I was out shooting yesterday in a heavy wind...the Inspire was rock steady. Then being able to dpo a smooth camera pan...not moving the Inspire at all...just the camera...and coming away with beautiful, smooth camera moves. You cannot do this with the Phantom. I think people who are serious about aerial photography/video production realize this. We won't be forgotten!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44