Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tightening Ariels on the remote controller?

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know of a way to tighten the ariels on the remote controller Mine are fairly loose on in the lefrt and right direction when seen from above.. I have tried twisting them but that doesnt seem to do anything.
Thanks,

I just took a look at mine. I am a dealer for DJI and I will shoot my guy an email so he can ask the engineers for me. I would like to know as well. Will erget back with you soon.
Thats great, thanks for that. It's the joint, surrounded by a chrome sleeve, where the ariels enter the RC which allow lefthand right movement. I have tried to tighten them from outside but I think they must adjust from the inside and I am loath to open up the controller.

Thats great, thanks for that. It's the joint, surrounded by a chrome sleeve, where the ariels enter the RC which allow lefthand right movement. I have tried to tighten them from outside but I think they must adjust from the inside and I am loath to open up the controller.
Yes you are correct I think. I just took a good look and it seems you are spot on. I will have an answer from my guy later today. He will ask the appropriate guy so we can have the right answer. I will be back with you as soon as he emails me back.

No problem.
Thank You
In the meantime I found this video of what the controller looks like inside. I think they are held in by plastic clips but I'm not sure. I think the video will at least give you an idea. I will be in touch as soon as he emails me. Hope this link helps.

I just got a message back from my guy. He said that currently DJI doesn't sell a replacement product to repair it. They do however recommend sending it to an authorized repair center to be fixed. I know this is not what you want to hear but that is the scoop. In the meantime you can take a small strip of 3m adhesive tape and secure it until something can be done to fix it. Sorry for the limited answer but at least it's a start right ? Lol let me know how it turns out or if you need any more help. Thanks a bunch
Respectfully
Ralph
FlyHighUSA

I just got a message back from my guy. He said that currently DJI doesn't sell a replacement product to repair it. They do however recommend sending it to an authorized repair center to be fixed. I know this is not what you want to hear but that is the scoop. In the meantime you can take a small strip of 3m adhesive tape and secure it until something can be done to fix it. Sorry for the limited answer but at least it's a start right ? Lol let me know how it turns out or if you need any more help. Thanks a bunch
Respectfully
Ralph
FlyHighUSA
Hi Ralph,
Thanks so much for all your help. The video is brilliant, if a little scary, I can see why it's not a DIY fix! It does show quite clearly though how the stock antennas are fixed into the case and even if I risked taking the controller apart, I don't feel there would be a good fix for them from the inside (without new stock antennas.) I am now thinking about trying to insert some very fine nylon thread or fishing line around the shaft at the swivel point to give it some resistance.
Thanks again Ralph, you are clearly the sort of person this forum is all about!

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
Hi Ralph,
Thanks so much for all your help. The video is brilliant, if a little scary, I can see why it's not a DIY fix! It does show quite clearly though how the stock antennas are fixed into the case and even if I risked taking the controller apart, I don't feel there would be a good fix for them from the inside (without new stock antennas.) I am now thinking about trying to insert some very fine nylon thread or fishing line around the shaft at the swivel point to give it some resistance.
Thanks again Ralph, you are clearly the sort of person this forum is all about!
Sure thing, glad to help. Let me know how it turns out. I will do a little checking myself to see if there is a recommended fix for this. Your idea sounds like it may work. It would be nice if it were a simple threaded mount. Keep in touch. :)

Sure thing, glad to help. Let me know how it turns out. I will do a little checking myself to see if there is a recommended fix for this. Your idea sounds like it may work. It would be nice if it were a simple threaded mount. Keep in touch. :)
he he he, then it would not be a DJI lol :)
don't shoot me please.
cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lifeisart