Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unexplainable Image Transmission Issues

Reaction score
I say 'unexplainable' in the hope that someone will actually explain a possible cause for this issue I have been fighting for months... Searching various forums, never finding a fault quite like what I am experiencing (I could be looking in the wrong places).

I have an inspire with dual remotes, one with iPhone 5s, one with iPad Mini 2 - very regularly (on average 50% of the time) I will experience low signal transmission of the image. This can be represented in various ways, digital noise, green bars, black screen, about 2 second lag on the feed or all of these issues at the same time.

This doesn't only appear on Live view whilst flying, but also if reviewing photos on the SD Card through the 'DJI Go App' (whilst the issue is occurring a photo preview will keep trying to refresh, never fully loading the image, a video will not load).

My troubleshooting so far:
- Command & Control signal to the Inspire is never effected
- Video stored onto the card is never affected (thankfully)
- A different camera yeilds the same results
- Sometimes one controller has a perfect signal whilst the other does not (slave can have perfect signal whilst master does not)
- Sometimes both controllers are affected at the same time
- The issue can occur with just one controller attached although maybe less frequently
- The issue can often resolve itself or start mid flight
- The issue can occur 50cm away from inspire or 500m away
- Different lightning cables appear to make no difference
- Closing all background apps has no effect
- Issue has remained present through multiple app updates and firmware updates
- Issue regularity appears to be increasing

I say 'unexplainable' in the hope that someone will actually explain a possible cause for this issue I have been fighting for months... Searching various forums, never finding a fault quite like what I am experiencing (I could be looking in the wrong places).

I have an inspire with dual remotes, one with iPhone 5s, one with iPad Mini 2 - very regularly (on average 50% of the time) I will experience low signal transmission of the image. This can be represented in various ways, digital noise, green bars, black screen, about 2 second lag on the feed or all of these issues at the same time.

This doesn't only appear on Live view whilst flying, but also if reviewing photos on the SD Card through the 'DJI Go App' (whilst the issue is occurring a photo preview will keep trying to refresh, never fully loading the image, a video will not load).

My troubleshooting so far:
- Command & Control signal to the Inspire is never effected
- Video stored onto the card is never affected (thankfully)
- A different camera yeilds the same results
- Sometimes one controller has a perfect signal whilst the other does not (slave can have perfect signal whilst master does not)
- Sometimes both controllers are affected at the same time
- The issue can occur with just one controller attached although maybe less frequently
- The issue can often resolve itself or start mid flight
- The issue can occur 50cm away from inspire or 500m away
- Different lightning cables appear to make no difference
- Closing all background apps has no effect
- Issue has remained present through multiple app updates and firmware updates
- Issue regularity appears to be increasing
Since you have ruled out firmware (it has happened throughout different versions), camera, controller and presumably SD card (yes a faulty card can cause strange issues with the live feed).
I would say your problem points to a hardware issue with the Lightbridge.
Before going down that route some things to try.
  • Make sure all four antenna plugs are firmly seated in their sockets (easily accessible and viewable just behind nose cone)
  • Although you have tried another camera make absolutely sure (and I mean magnifying glass sure) that the gimbal connection plate pins are not out of alignment/bent
  • Ensure the two gimbal connection ribbon cables are firmly seated in their sockets on BOTH ends (you will need to remove the nose cone for this one
Give the above items a check and try again.

Reactions: gbo3
  • Make sure all four antenna plugs are firmly seated in their sockets (easily accessible and viewable just behind nose cone)
  • Although you have tried another camera make absolutely sure (and I mean magnifying glass sure) that the gimbal connection plate pins are not out of alignment/bent
  • Ensure the two gimbal connection ribbon cables are firmly seated in their sockets on BOTH ends (you will need to remove the nose cone for this one
Give the above items a check and try again.

I will try these steps and see, but surely if at times I can get perfect signal on one controller and poor signal on the other it cannot be caused by an issue on the airframe?

I say 'unexplainable' in the hope that someone will actually explain a possible cause for this issue I have been fighting for months...
My set up is similar (2 iPad Mini 2) and I have similar persistent image transmission issues and now am getting occasional corrupt video since GO APP 3.0.
If I find relief I will share here.

Has anyone come up with a fix for this? I am having this exact issue and it's so frustrating.

I still experience this issue... I'm still eagerly hoping for a solution. For now I'm just having to deal with it.

Out of interest do you experience this issue when using just one controller or only when using two?

I have this same issue with my setup:
Inspire to DJI-Go to Ipad mini2.

I recently also fed the HDMI out to an Alienware laptop with HDMI in and worked flawlessly.
I had both connected to the single controller and the Go app is laggy while the laptop is smooth.

I would love to know if this is something that can be fixed with an app rollback.
I would rather have less features enabled and be able to see.
I also installed the Litchi app to see if it would work better but I've not yet tested.

Seems as though DJI has done a "forced hardware update" by making the new app only compatible with the newest devices... ie: iPad pro.

Makes you wonder if it has something to do with being able to purchase DJI products at some apple stores..... hmmm

Reactions: gbo3
I have an inspire 1(v1) and am having problems with my ipad mini 2. When using the X3 i have no problems with the iphone 6s+ or mini 2 with regards to video. However, when I attach my ipad mini using the X5r the mini screen either refreshes every 2 to 3seconds or only half the screen appears. Any suggestions? Have updated to latest Go app version.

I am also having transmission signal problems. Major lag on the live feed.

I am flying the Inspire 2.0.
Very annoying. Never had anything like this before. I am using iPad Air.

Haven't flown it since the new DJI Go app update so will see if that's made a difference.

Hey guys not sure if this will help any of you or not but I was having the same problems. I checked cables cleaned connections and when reverting to the last firmware the image loss problem was gone. I re downloaded the latest firmwares and the same issue. When I checked what chanel the transmitter was on I noticed it was in manual ch 13. The weakest one so I put it in auto and had image again. So great. Next time I flew I had no image transmission again. I checked the channels again and it was In manual 13 again. I switched back to auto and Tada. Long story short every time I open dji go I have to put this back to auto. Haven't had a problem since and not sure why it reverts back to manual ch13. Hope it works for some of you

Reactions: Dragonfleye
I've been reading that the mini 2 is a no go for DJI copters.
Apparently is does not have enough video processing power.
Results may vary, but again, from what I have read, you need an Nvidia shield or a much beefier Ipad like the Pro

I have used a Galaxy Tab A and it chokes on video, but if I use my Note 5 phone, its great.
More video horsepower.

The Nvidia Shield K1 tablet, when they are found in stock, are suppose to be perfect.

I can attest to the mini 2 not being able to process the image quickly enough anymore for my Inspire.

Anyone know if the iPad 5th gen with a9 processor works with the Inspire 1 v2 as far as image transmission?

Anyone know if the iPad 5th gen with a9 processor works with the Inspire 1 v2 as far as image transmission?

pick one up from Best Buy and give it a go. If it works or doesn't, then report back so we all know
;)

SInce the two older Galaxy tablets I have do not work for video worth a ****, I've gone to using an old Samsung Note 3 phone. So far, it works brilliantly, and its screen brightness is pretty decent.

Reactions: zpdana24
I think it will probably work. but passed on it due to the fact that it doesn't have a reflective coating on the screen. the mini 4 and the pro do. in sun it makes a pretty big difference.

Reactions: zpdana24
Thanks guys.

I will most definitely let y'all and everyone know what I find out.

Yes the new iPad 10” works great. No issues with it with a handful of flights.
The iPad mini 2 has also given me trouble. It works great for the Inspire 2 and Mavic until it heats up, then the feed stutters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko