Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Used purchase question

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I have been creeping around here for a while now. Now I need a hand. I have a P3P and P4P. I am now looking for an Inspire X5R.

I am located in suburban Chicago and found this CL ad. I asked the seller if it was RAW and he said no.

So I am seeking some expertise. Is this ad legit? He says it's a PRO, but the sticker on the back says RAW,

Thanks in advance

Mike

DJI Inspire 1 PRO - Brand New Never Used

The X5 Pro could be purchased with the X5 or X5R. The camera that is shown is an X5 not an X5R. He may have received a replacement case that shows X5R, who knows. You may want to see if the serial numbers on the sticker match the camera, airframe and remote controller. That appears to be an Inspire 1 Pro with an X5 camera/gimbal.

Having bought a used I1 and a broken one at that you need to be VERY careful, there are some alarm bells to take note of here.

The sticker on the case stating Raw.

The RC should have some plastic protection on it if new as should the batteries.

All the serial numbers should match the outside of that case too if it's correct.

As for the craft you should inspect a used one VERY carefully, look at all the transforming mech in both up and down positions and check for any damage, even the smallest knock can snap one of the knuckles and you can miss it, listen for any strange sounds as it's transforming like knocks and cracks, check all screw are in place as well as the warranty stickers on the main arm T support and the linkage, you will see if they have been removed as they leave residue usually .

Look at the battery cycle count and this can not be easily changed, as I said the packs should have a plastic protection strip on the top if brand new, look for all boxes and check sn again.

On the camera look at gimbal that it's straight and no sign of impact anywhere, again very closely inspect every single part of it.

Finally you must flight test it or get them too, see the camera in action and test all flight and gimbal performance.

As for that tbh looks off as it stands to me but you would need to get the story , these are a lot of money and once you have bought it it's mostly too late, take time when looking over a used craft and look and every single part and detail, as much as these are designed to fly they are not designed to crash and even the slightest one can cause thousands worth of repairs.

Reactions: Advexure and V tail
The sticker was what drew my attention. I mean he placed it prominently in the ad.

The ad is now expired so I can't view the ad on CL to see what the deal was.

From: DJI Inspire 1 vs. Inspire 1 PRO vs. Inspire 1 RAW - See the Difference | cinema5D

Zenmuse-X3-1-640x360.jpg

And if he was asking more than about $3000 for it. Walk. You can buy a brand new Inspire 1 v2.0 with X5R (Raw), 2 controllers, AND 2 extra batteries (total of 3) from B&H $3800 with free shipping. And since its new, full warranty.

I am up in Milwaukee and I have an I1v2.0 with X5R (the one from B&H). I would be willing to meet you somewhere middle ground so you can see one in person if you think it will help you in your decision. Not selling mine, just thought seeing one in person might be useful.

Reactions: FlyNAce and V tail

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoniqueKel