Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S Gimbal Pan Broke after Firmware Update (Beware!)

Flew the bird today... slight jello, lots of yaw noise and vibration in the gimbal, but she flies.

I updated the firmware this morning about 7 am EST before I saw all this. I simply followed Method 2 in the User Manual (using the DJI GO 4 App). Toggled the USB Mode Switch on the aircraft to the up position, connected the I Pad Air 2 (which was connected to the internet) to the aircraft with a USB cable and followed the instructions on the App. After it was finished, I shut it down and restarted it. Then it said to update the RC, so I connected the RC to the I Pad and did the same thing. Everything updated without any issues. Than a few hours later I found this post. Went out and flew the bird through 4 sets of batteries and everything seems fine. The gimbal shake on startup was gone, the stick control on Tap Fly worked and the camera seemed to be working as usual. Not sure I did anything differently than anyone else.

iPad Pro YES no problems
Samsung S6 NO (but third time with iPad Pro now no problems)

One correction on the stick control for Tap Fly, the left wheel did not control the speed, so I had to use the speed slider on the screen, otherwise the right stick fully controlled the camera.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
I went to DJI Manhattan today. They put an X5S on my I2. It worked fine with X5S on it. My X4S still doesnt fuinction properly. DJI called Unique Photo (where I bought I2 & X4S) and asked them to give me new one. So I went to Unique and got a credit for the X4S and will use it to buy X5S tommorow when it comes in stock. So it worked out cool. It's the camera I really wanted and need.

I went to DJI Manhattan today. They put an X5S on my I2. It worked fine with X5S on it. My X4S still doesnt fuinction properly. DJI called Unique Photo (where I bought I2 & X4S) and asked them to give me new one. So I went to Unique and got a credit for the X4S and will use it to buy X5S tommorow when it comes in stock. So it worked out cool. It's the camera I really wanted and need.
Be Careful I have an x5s and the Panning/yaw is messed up with this new firmware update... I heard from a beta tester that new firmware is out in 3-4 days to fix. You may want to inquire about that. best of Luck...

Does anyone have any updates regarding DJI fixing the firmware? Would really like to get my Inspire back in the air without getting shaky footage..

Got my I2 tuesday, had few short flights and all seemed to be ok. Got "few" warnings about the new fw but i was feeling brave and updated against all odds.. It got "stuck" at 87% for 20mins or something, maybe more.. but i let it alone, and came back to check it after another 20mins and app said update was done. With iPad pro, all ok, no weird effects with X4S.

It just took time, maybe 50mins.. i was pretty sure it won't finish and i need to reboot it and try again.

I have the x4s and every time i power everything up and on the initial screen of the inspire 2 in the go 4 app iPhone I keep getting inconsistent FW slide to update. I've done this multiple times and always get the message when i turn on everything if I leave it on the initial screen with the inspire picture. DJI is going to swap out the camera but I wonder if anyone else keeps getting this inconsistent FW message if you turn on everything leave it on the "go fly" screen for a few mins.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy