Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

any idea when we may see firmware update!

Reaction score
i have been waiting to fly my inspire 1 had it since January or 1 week in February ..just afraid to fly it with all the errors this thing has ...I am pretty good at flying just that I have no confidence with this bird and don't want to risk it ...any info would be greatly appreciated .. I wonder if dji would by chance be willing to take it back for a credit toward a different model or updated version maybe when they get it as solid as a phantom vision 2

i have been waiting to fly my inspire 1 had it since January or 1 week in February ..just afraid to fly it with all the errors this thing has ...I am pretty good at flying just that I have no confidence with this bird and don't want to risk it ...any info would be greatly appreciated .. I wonder if dji would by chance be willing to take it back for a credit toward a different model or updated version maybe when they get it as solid as a phantom vision 2

There has been at least 1 major update already since you received yours. Another sounds like it is on it way. But IMO, there is no comparison between the Phantom anything and the Inspire 1. The Inspire is vastly more stable and easy to take off and land. No one ever tips over their Inspire. The electronics are an order of magnitude better than the Vision. It is not in the same ball park IMO. If are good at flying the Phantom, you will be better at flying the Inspire.

I understood that that update was a minor one. I can understand your caution. If it suddenly unceremoniously drops GPS in the middle of a flight and you are close to something you might not realise it in time and have a crash. If you are commercial you could be in trouble as I doubt insurance would cover.

Fly in ATTI then you should have no bother...and its good practice! GPS is probably fine in open spaces where you can notice with reaction space if it drops into ATTI.

For me, I'm waiting for a fix for this main issue before I buy. However if I had one I would be flying it...carefully!

And the main thing is to at least try. It's not because there are issue reports on forums that they affect everybody. Most people like myself have no issues.
What's important is to educate yourself about what some people have experienced so you can know in advance what could happen so you can work around the situation.

There will always be issues of one kind or another, so if you don't want to fly... you'll never fly.

I can honestly say I have had zero problems with my Inspire.
I have circa 90km of flight on it and it has NEVER dropped into Atti once in all those flights.
I always do a very strict pre and post checklist and check my mod values before taking off.
If you have lots of Phantom experience under your belt then you will be fine

However, be warned......once you have flown your Inspire you will never want to go back to any Phantom again. :D
It is such a beautiful craft to fly.

I can honestly say I have had zero problems with my Inspire.
I have circa 90km of flight on it and it has NEVER dropped into Atti once in all those flights.
I always do a very strict pre and post checklist and check my mod values before taking off.
If you have lots of Phantom experience under your belt then you will be fine

However, be warned......once you have flown your Inspire you will never want to go back to any Phantom again. :D
It is such a beautiful craft to fly.
Do you have the latest firmware installed. The person I bought mine from said to wait for now for the next version.

Do you have the latest firmware installed. The person I bought mine from said to wait for now for the next version.
I have the latest public release yes..... V.17

And so should you since .16 has an IMU bug in it!

.17 is very stable,it has given me zero problems.

Go fly, you will have a grin on your face like the very first day you flew your first Phantom!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I have the latest public release yes..... V.17

And so should you since .16 has an IMU bug in it!

.17 is very stable,it has given me zero problems.

Go fly, you will have a grin on your face like the very first day you flew your first Phantom!

I'm still on .16....what is the IMU issue?

I'm still on .16....what is the IMU issue?
I believe it's what caused 'The Garage Door Incident' but I may be mistaken. I dont have the version history/change log in front of me to check.
Actually, from memory, .17 was an incremental housekeeping update so I think .16 is OK.....

If you missed it, DJI is doing a broader scale test of the new firmware. The sign up period is now over. The firmware should be out sometime between the middle to end of the month.

Man, I don't know how you can stand it! I flew mine the very first chance I got, and even waiting one night was almost too much for me. I'm experiencing a lot of compass errors and random switches into atti when in GPS mode, but I prefer atti anyway. GPS is only for specific scenarios. Don't get scared off by all the problems others are having. It great to know about those so you can anticipate and be prepared for it, but it can also paralyse you if you let it. If I were you I'd be out there now! Go and enjoy that beautiful piece of technology:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter