Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question , how do i limit the motor power on the inspire to do only 80% ?
Seakie hand can't do 80%, haha.
Tools can help ..... Like rubber ben .have a clear look at one of my RC photo you can figer out how I do the 80 %

These test flights are all identical: 1.5m hover. This was a TB48 and two 6S 2200's.
so you let it hoover fir 27:36 ? wow..... be aware killing your motor and battery .... did you check those when landed?

so you let it hoover fir 27:36 ? wow..... be aware killing your motor and battery .... did you check those when landed?

No wear and tear. Motors are cool to touch on landing. I decided on this approach to testing as

- it's easily and perfectly repeatable
- it keeps the aircraft close should something go wrong
- it minimizes potential for damage should an electrical fault or other issue occur
- it's easier to test (just a parking lot or small park will do)

Reactions: Fanti
Chnjab: I also got a Smart Power Charge, but for P3. I must says it works fine. However some of my batteries don't seem to go to 17.4V, even when topping off. They stop at 17.2 or 17.3V. I then top off again, but not sure if that helps. What about yours?

Reactions: SkyAir
Thanks. In the Smart Power Charge manual it says only to do a deep cycle if the battery has less than 30%. Any idea why that is? Can't it just deep cycle all the way from 90 or 100%?

Next attempts at 30min queued up for today's testing:

- Two TB48's and then
- Two TB47's

Both with CG centered very close to where it is on the aircraft.

Worth noting the DJI Matrice 100 with identical motors can do 40min hover with two TB48's. But the Matrice is a lighter aircraft and that's without an X3 camera.

Nice! Hopefully you'll compile a list of your findings for us folks yet to jump on the X5/R train

Ok both tests where a bust: 24:10 and 19:15

No good....:-(

So best so far is with what batts ?

Your TB47 only 4048 mah after 9 cycles...that sucks

What temp was it outside ?

Btw, may wanna try with some Traxxas 3S batteries in series. They have proven me to be extremely well performing. Flying a P1 for 37 mins.

Some of my new aux batteries have become "puffed". I used them once, recharged them, but then didn't use them for some weeks (my mistake). When I check the cells, they are fine though (max voltage), and fly fine. Can I still use these batteries?
I can squeeze the "case", no problem, so I don't think the cells are "puffed". They also don't run hot when using them, and they don't get bigger after use or after recharging.

No good....:-(

So best so far is with what batts ?

Your TB47 only 4048 mah after 9 cycles...that sucks

What temp was it outside ?

So far the best is TB48 + 2 x 2200mah 6S nano-techs.

It was about 55F during the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.