Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Still photo settings for X5S?

Reaction score
I hoping you can help me figure out what the best settings for some still photography with my x5s with the standard lens. Tomorrow I am going to try to take some high resolution shots of my friends white sports car holding the I2. I live in Arizona so there is a 100% chance of it being very bright out.

What settings would you use or should I just leave everything in auto?

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
For starters, I'd recommend trying the following settings. It should get you a fairly good exposure in bright sunlight.

White Balance: Daylight (or 5500K)
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/2.0
Shutter Speed: 1/6400 sec (+/-)

Then it really depends on what you want to achieve:

* Stationary car and somewhat blurry background - use larger aperture value like f/1.7, you might need to use an ND filter as the shutter speed maxes out at 1/8000.

* Moving car and show motion - use slower shutter speed and smaller aperture value, say f/11 and 1/200 sec.

Good luck and show us the results!

Alex

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
If it's very bright, you can also try a CIRPOL to get a bluer sky. You didn't state if you will be moving or static. As was mentioned, if the image is moving, you might want to reduce the shutter speed a bit to add a motion effect. Also depending on the background, you might want a wide open aperture (f/1.7) to create bokeh, or if you want everything in focus, you might want to shoot at (f/8 or above).

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black_lights