Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CrystalSky backlight failure - quick fix

The two button method works if the unit shut itself down due to overheat. It resets the unit. However in most our cases the actual video board ?. 3 months out of warranty and mine died. Cannot use iPads etc as sun is extremely bright here in Hawaii. Had to have a 5” model rushed out to me. Repair was originally quoted at $650 I believe but after much bitching they came down to $500. In most regards I defend DJI to the max. All my encounters with their service has been exemplary. Cheap and very fast. Returning refurbished models in like new condition for my damaged units. But when it comes to the CSU they have dropped the ball. Some inspections require me to fly about an hour. It is actually uncomfortable to hold the CSU after that. Been thinking of attaching one of those gel freezer bags to the back to keep it cool but afraid that may incur some other problems. And no hdmi in so cannot use on my BMPCC 4K. Also have issues with screen sensitivity for closing menus etc. there are video monitors of 1000-2000 nits for the video industry cheaper than CS was wondering if any of these would work.

Reactions: Shamus
Experienced a flickering on the crystalsky 7.85 Ultra today, then the backlight went out completely. Its now working again after powering it down for awhile, but the screen still is flickering. It's out of warranty. What are the options and expected cost to send it in for repair to DJI?
Sounds like the video board this is how mine went before totally blaming out mid flight. Luckily it was in VLOS and I was able to guide her home. (Also could have used RTH) see post above.

Reactions: Shamus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry