Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Direct HDMI/SDI camera output

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for a way to get a direct HD feed out of the Inspire 2 via hardwire. Be it HDMI or SDI.
Does anyone know if this is achievable?
I don't care about voiding warranty, because the way it is, the downlink is absolutely useless for live broadcasting and the "Tracktenna" system looks like another Mavic (who knows when it will be ready and will it be good enough)
Please share me your thoughts.

Michael I'm guessing its the link between the controller and Inspire. I think he wants to hack the signal at the Inspire side and add a 3rd party HD TX.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking you might say. Before you hack into the I2 and try to add a Connex or Paralynx to it why don't you try the Titan Conquer. It adds very high gain and directional antennas to the remote controller. We are not a dealer for them yet, but a lot of people on this forum have had Ralph at FlyHigh install them. Everyone seems to claim it makes a tremendous difference in the video downlink - especially in high RF interference environments. I'd certainly give it a try before you hack into the copter.

Reactions: Kenneth Sands
Michael I'm guessing its the link between the controller and Inspire. I thing he wants to hack the signal at the Inspire side and add a 3rd party HD TX.
Hey my friend, I would love to be able to talk to you about the different solutions we offer for antenna systems. We are having amazing luck with them and I know you would too. Here is my cell if you want to give me a call.

270-473-1409

I'm not the one looking for an improved link but @Buzzcam l would listen to Michael and Ralph I have purchased from and dealt with both of them in the past and I highly recommend them both. My other 2 cents would be to try the Cendence controller when it comes out because it offers sma connectors for the antennas so you could try 3rd party antennas with ease and it also offers sdi out for video which any live truck would prefer over hdmi.

That's what I was thinking you might say. Before you hack into the I2 and try to add a Connex or Paralynx to it why don't you try the Titan Conquer. It adds very high gain and directional antennas to the remote controller. We are not a dealer for them yet, but a lot of people on this forum have had Ralph at FlyHigh install them. Everyone seems to claim it makes a tremendous difference in the video downlink - especially in high RF interference environments. I'd certainly give it a try before you hack into the copter.
If there is a way to send full HD Signal with it with low latency would be great... But is not is it? [emoji22] so its not about Signal strength...

Thank you all for your input. As we are based in Australia it's a little harder to try options with different antenna arrays. It's the actual vision that is pushed (compressed) into the link of the I2 that makes it unwatchable. Better antennas will not change that compression.
We are currently using the other option. M600pro, Ronin MX, BMMCC and a microlite downlink, using the onboard LB2 just for telemetry over vision. Mind you, the downlink cost more then the whole rest of the system with 6 sets of M600pro batteries. Hopefully 1 day soon DJI will upgrade this part of the Inspire 2 to make it a true 1080i60 HD downlink, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Hi Buzzcam
It´s been a while, but could you improve something regardin TX of the I2?
The Lightbridge is not really up to high quality video. We love the Inspire 2, but this is really a weak point for those who work with live feed to OB trucks

The key settings to make the Inspire 2 work for live broadcasting are:
1 - set to Broadcast Mode
2 - In the menu, select the “HD” icon, then change the channel to “custom”, select a channel without interference and then select 10mbps as the video transmission data rate

If you leave it on “auto” channel you can’t select the data rate. As a result, the system reduces the quality in order to maintain the robustness of the transmission.

So of course this means you must select a channel that is free of RF interference. The trick is to find a free channel and ensure you’re operating at 10mbps.

I have, and continue, to use the Inspire 2 extensively on major live television broadcasts. Yes you could get a better platform but not at this price.

Reactions: AndersE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido