Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Do i need to calibrated compass ... for a new locations that 100 kilometer away ?

Reaction score
I going to having some aerial photo tomorow.. will travel around 100km from the place i used to fly... do i need to recalibrates the compass ? I will going to a place like very big ferrealloy factory... to have some shot...

Please advice...
thanks

I going to having some aerial photo tomorow.. will travel around 100km from the place i used to fly... do i need to recalibrates the compass ? I will going to a place like very big ferrealloy factory... to have some shot...

Please advice...
thanks
Personally, I would not. I regularly travel over 250 miles to a location and never recalibrate anything - it is not necessary.
However, ALWAYS check your mod values before EVERY flight (even swapping batteries).
If they are not right do not take off.

However, ALWAYS check your mod values before EVERY flight (even swapping batteries).
If they are not right do not take off.

Good tip - I have checked the manuals and cannot find any reference to what sort of range the mod values should be. Can you shed any light?

Thanks i just finish my mission today it was very windy.. i take off more than 300meter for clear shot... around 1.5km everything went perfectly. Now i would like upgrade range extender... at the future is not about long distant i get.. but to make sure i have 100% in control of my video n the aircraft...

So, If I understand you, Would I be correct in doing a compass calibration and noting the values when completed and then use those values as a guide for checking them on later flights.
Or is there a bet way of getting the correct mod values for my part of the world (UK)

Very interesting wrt Compass mod values. I was under impression 1400-1600 was the acceptable parameters no matter location.

Do the parameters vary dependent on where you are on the planet a bit like magnetic variation when turning a grid compass bearing into a magnetic one? It would make sense if it did-but I have only seen the 1400-1600 guideline given.

Can anyone elaborate? Do we need to compile a sticky with acceptable mod values for specific locations worldwide?

Thoughts-as the cat is thrown amongst the pigeons!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips