Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.4.0.10 - 7th Sept 2015 Released

thank you - I read the instructions thoroughly, There is nothing more to understand. Checked IMU. Was at the most current Firmware, updated less than 2 weeks ago …. Sorry if my observations make me sound like an idiot. Sharing is caring.
Sorry if I made you sound that way!! There are many things you could be overlooking. I have a long check list before I fly and one while flying. Fly safe my Friend.

Hey all.
After the new updates when you're doing the battery cycle thing with multiple batteries, are you giving the Inspire a break after say 2 batteries to let the motors cool or do you just keep going till all your batteries have been cycled.
Thanks everybody.

Hey all.
After the new updats when you're doing the battery cycle thing with multiple batteries, are you giving the Inspire a break after say 2 batteries to let the motors cool or do you just keep going till all your batteries have been cycled.
Thanks everybody.

Your choice. I've updated all 8 batteries non-stop and No Issues[emoji6]

Also, after the firmware updates do you do a basic or advanced IMU calibration?

Personally I always do the "advanced"! The basic always tells me everything is normal. In some instances like the FW_V01.02.00.17 there were allot of flukes. If it were up to me I'd do a complete fresh reboot and inject codes manually lol.

Most of all make sure your craft is level and away from speakers, metal, children, kids, pets etc, well sure you know lol.. Not sure if this has ever been discussed/considered but I also make sure it "doesn't receive GPS either"! Not sure where I read this, but it's in my arsenal of pre-post firmware updates..

Personally I always do the "advanced"! The basic always tells me everything is normal. In some instances like the FW_V01.02.00.17 there were allot of flukes. If it were up to me I'd do a complete fresh reboot and inject codes manually lol.

Most of all make sure your craft is level and away from speakers, metal, children, kids, pets etc, well sure you know lol.. Not sure if this has ever been discussed/considered but I also make sure it "doesn't receive GPS either"! Not sure where I read this, but it's in my arsenal of pre-post firmware updates..
Thanks again. Not sure how to stop it from getting GPS other than try to calibrate it in my basement where half is underground.

Thanks again. Not sure how to stop it from getting GPS other than try to calibrate it in my basement where half is underground.

It may not even "be recommended" ( just something I do) it just adds to confusing the IMU during calibration, just my opinion.. Wouldn't know technically as I do my IMU calibrations inside and the same place all of the time.. Just took note while playing with the RC that I get NO GPS bars, reception[emoji6]

It may not even "be recommended" ( just something I do) it just adds to confusing the IMU during calibration, just my opinion.. Wouldn't know technically as I do my IMU calibrations inside and the same place all of the time.. Just took note while playing with the RC that I get NO GPS bars, reception[emoji6]
Cool. Thanks for your replies

Reactions: PB30X
Updated to 1.4.0.10 and flew "Cutie" a bit this morning to confirm all seems well... o_O
My drifting baro sensor is still in play... seems like a "warmup" issue... :confused:
Drifts slowly for a time then seems to stop... hope it holds till the snow flies... :(
Not looking forward to dealing with "LA" on getting this fixed... :oops:

As to the new features... :cool:
I guess they can FINALLY say... they delivered what they promised (almost a year ago)... :p
I understand why they did waypoint like they did... and it's at least usable...
Guess I'll have to look to a 3rd party for a solution... for flying an evenly spaced grid taking stills straight down...
Pix4D is working this angle... not too concerned yet... ;)

Last edited:
So after the latest update I seem to be getting a bit of drifting.
I did an advanced IMU calibration on my kitchen floor for a flat surface proceeded by a stick calibration and then a new compass calibration at the spot where I took off from.
Still getting drifting and when in the new course lock mode as soon as you turn the Inspire yaw any direction, it wont stay straight.
Levels look fine I believe after the IMU calibration.
Not sure what to try next.

Attachments

• 20150913_110011.jpg
    20150913_110011.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
gps wont affect imu calibration, the imu calibration needs to be done when the craft is perfectly stationary and level. any non level surface or movement during this calibration time will cause issues, nothing else matters. If youre doing it on your kitchen table, take care not to bump it or jump around next to it,

Reactions: Scotflieger
gps wont affect imu calibration, the imu calibration needs to be done when the craft is perfectly stationary and level. any non level surface or movement during this calibration time will cause issues, nothing else matters. If youre doing it on your kitchen table, take care not to bump it or jump around next to it,
Thanks for the reply. I did the calibration on the kitchen floor and was careful not to walk around and disterb it.

Ok so trying to update my AC from 1.2 to the 1.4 and when I get the file onto the SD card and insert it and then turn on the AC nothing happens except the typical startup (aka no beeping) I have tried formatting the SD card, re-downloading the file...tried a lot of things and nothing. Does anyone have any recommendations? My RCs upgraded fine with no issues, but am stuck with my AC

Ok so trying to update my AC from 1.2 to the 1.4 and when I get the file onto the SD card and insert it and then turn on the AC nothing happens except the typical startup (aka no beeping) I have tried formatting the SD card, re-downloading the file...tried a lot of things and nothing. Does anyone have any recommendations? My RCs upgraded fine with no issues, but am stuck with my AC
Have you unzipped the downloaded file? Only the .bin file should be loaded into the root directory of the MicroSD card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu