Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Future upgrades

Reaction score
Looking forward to hopefully DJI adding Ground Station with waypoint flying soon but has anyone heard of much else in the pipeline? I could really use a Intervalometer for sure, near infrared would be good for NDVI also.

Ground station is promised in the next future,so I hope this one comes as soon as possible!Really loved this on the Phantom.

Ground station is promised in the next future,so I hope this one comes as soon as possible!Really loved this on the Phantom.

May I ask where you heard that ground station is promised to be in the next update?

It may not happen until the SDK is released and then it would be through a 3rd party developer. I am not saying that is how it will happen but look at what has already been developed for the Phantom series. Lots of possibilities.

No Mem_my , it is said in the next future not update.Sorry.But the ground station is promised on DJI's website.So let's hope that is comes soon!
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/faq
Last question is about ground station

Actually DJI changed the FAQ to remove the promise of Ground Station functionality for the Inspire. It now reads:

"- When will ground station functionality be available?

The Inspire 1 does not currently support ground station."

My wish list:

- Ground station functionality
- FPV kit (extra straight-ahead small camera) for dual operator mode
- Better main camera (full size or 4/3 sensor and less compression)
- fine control over camera movements (no abrupt movement endings)
- and of course iOS app made official and quality issues addressed

Last edited:
Reactions: likeaninja
Actually DJI changed the FAQ to remove the promise of Ground Station functionality for the Inspire. It now reads:

"- When will ground station functionality be available?

The Inspire 1 does not currently support ground station."
Ah how nice.Another DJI hocus pocus.When I posted the link it says "in the next future".
But no problem I'm still lurning how the Inspire flies and after 15 minutes or so I'm heading back home to charge the battery.
Finally 2 more batteries are coming tomorrow!!

Also another thing on my wishlist would be some kind of thing which shows what direction the camera is pointing.

Last edited:
Also another thing on my wishlist would be some kind of thing which shows what direction the camera is pointing.

You already have this! - The green 'cone' that comes out of the red triangle/arrow that represents the Inspire. The cone shows the direction of the camera.
Same goes for replaying flight log etc.... the cone moves to show where the camera was pointing at that particular part of the flight.

You already have this! - The green 'cone' that comes out of the red triangle/arrow that represents the Inspire. The cone shows the direction of the camera.
Same goes for replaying flight log etc.... the cone moves to show where the camera was pointing at that particular part of the flight.
Thanks Editor.
Will check this asap

Looking forward to hopefully DJI adding Ground Station with waypoint flying soon but has anyone heard of much else in the pipeline? I could really use a Intervalometer for sure, near infrared would be good for NDVI also.

they better release ground station they marketed it as a inspire 1 feature. also it was talked about on the launch day video. then they took it out cause their half baked apps cant do it yet. (inspire 1 app is great compared to lightbridge app though)

This is a nice feature I'd never discovered... Who knows what else in hidden..:)
Hey Quad, what is the difference between triple shot and AEB triple shot? Or this is maybe a question for pure photographic men?:rolleyes:

This is a nice feature I'd never discovered... Who knows what else in hidden..:)
Hey Quad, what is the difference between triple shot and AEB triple shot? Or this is maybe a question for pure photographic men?:rolleyes:

AEB shoots at different camera settings so you can compose a HDR picture.

As Ed said, AEB 3 or 5 shot mode is for HDR processing to increase dynamic range of photo, whereas burst mode is just a series of rapidly taken photos at the same exposure to capture rapid action (like at a snowboarding event during competition).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips