Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hand Catching the inspire 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does any one hand catch their inspire 2? i'm thinking it might be helpful for flying from a boat or if your landing on rocky/mountainous terrain. although with the size and heft of the craft im not sure it would be wise unless you have someone helping ? Does anyone have thoughts?

Does any one hand catch their inspire 2? i'm thinking it might be helpful for flying from a boat or if your landing on rocky/mountainous terrain. although with the size and heft of the craft im not sure it would be wise unless you have someone helping ? Does anyone have thoughts?

I've hand caught my Phantom 3 many times, however I don't see anything great and safe to grab onto for hand catching the I2... would not personally recommend it.

I've hand caught my Phantom 3 many times, however I don't see anything great and safe to grab onto for hand catching the I2... would not personally recommend it.

That's what im thinking after my first couple of flights today, although i was wondering if someone more experienced with the inspire 2 had tips, i usually fly where there's lots of loose dirt and have always preferred to hand catch my P4.

Reactions: Nick Nicholson
In this DJI video you see hand catching the I2 a few times:

x6ai.jpg

Note that they added handles to it.
No doubt the 3D print people will be making these soon.

You could also grab it by the battery payload, but I would definitely wear gloves!!

Reactions: PatrickP

View attachment 11602

You could also grab it by the battery payload, but I would definitely wear gloves!!

thank you , i saw this video but didnt apparently pay enough attention to see them catching it ;) 3d printing is a great idea, i happen to have a 3d printer, maybe i can get my kid to autocad some for me in his spare time .... thanks again

Reactions: WilmerCB

View attachment 11602

it looks like the gentleman catching it has a lacrosse helmet on ;)

Hi there. I hand catch my inspire 1 X5R all the time. Especially when flying from boats as well in uneven wet or muddy environments. I don't use any 3D printed extra handles gloves or helmets although I agree all these would add extra safety. Basically I fly with a lanyard on my RC so that when I fly the inspire back to my position I make sure the landing legs stay raised then slowly lower the unit down to my upraised right arm and catch the protruding battery compartment of the inspire. As soon as I have a solid handhold I then power down the inspire with left hand on the RC hanging on my chest. I practiced until I felt comfortable in a open field at first before attempting out at sea on a rocking boat. Anyhow since then I have had not a single issue with this method. Good luck.

Reactions: rblakers
Excellent I just ordered them from the Korea Web site. I don't use hand catch often but nice to know they are there if i need them in an emergency. I have read of issues with landing gear not dropping to landing position so these will be a life saver ;)

thank you , i saw this video but didnt apparently pay enough attention to see them catching it ;) 3d printing is a great idea, i happen to have a 3d printer, maybe i can get my kid to autocad some for me in his spare time .... thanks again
I can confirm these are not Secraft handles, but we're 3D printed by the crew who shot the feature.
The Secraft handles will not be a secure fit on the I2 since they have been engineered for the diameter of the I1 tubes.

As usual, there is already a thread on the subject here
Inspire 2 handels

Reactions: Ftolino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry