Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I made a preflight checklist what do you all think?

"Leave launch area as you found it." Not too big a problem for us but nice that you stuck it in there. Important not to disturb the great locations we seek out.

Awesome. I am going to print this out and keep with me until it is engrained in my brain. It does bring up one question that I keep forgetting to ask but always err on the side of caution.
Do you need to power down the I1 after exiting travel mode and before you attach the camera? I always do out of fear that sudden power could harm the camera but, it would be great if there was no need for this step. If it is neccessary you might want to add it to the doc.

My list (parts stolen/borrowed from others here - thank you!)

Pre-Flight Checklist

1______CHOOSE A GOOD TAKE-OFF LANDING PLACE
2______CHECK PROPS
3______CHECK CAMERA FILTER
4______TURN ON REMOTE CONTROL
5______CHECK TABLET BATTERY LEVEL
6______TURN ON AIRPLANE MODE ON TABLET
7______FLIGHT MODE SWITCH IN GPS POSITION
8______TURN ON INSPIRE
9______TURN ON PILOT APP – CONFIRM BASICS ON SCREEN
_______FLIGHT MODE (GPS)
_______AIRCRAFT BATTERY CHARGED
_______RC BATTERY CHARGED
10______CALIBRATE COMPASS
11______CONFIRM GPS CONTROL
_______APP SCREEN - SATELLITE BARS FULL
_______APP SCREEN – SAFE TO FLY (GPS CONTROL)
_______INSPIRE REAR LIGHT BLINKING GREEN
12______CONFIRM GIMBAL MODE ON APP (FOLLOW, for me)
13______MAP CHECK – AIRPLANE ICON AT HOME BASE?
14______CHECK AND CONFIRM CAMERA SETTINGS
15______STAND BEHIND INSPIRE
16______TAKE OFF – HOVER – FINAL CHECK OF BATTERY LEVELS, GPS CONTROL
17______RAISE LANDING GEAR
18______FLY SAFELY, SHOOT. CONSTANT BATTERY CHECK – ALLOW TIME TO RETURN

Reactions: Cole Slaw
Hey cole slaw!!
Welcome to the forum!!
Would like to know where you came up with the handle cole slaw??
Nice format and layout..
The preflight check list seemed more like a set up how to..IMO
I liked the quick reference guide!!
Overall nice work !!
Turbo

Thanks!! Good to be here. I like joining the communities when I get into something new. My first name is Cole and my friends called me Cole Slaw since then. So I just carry it over to other places. Yeah since I am new there is a little "how to"ness to it. I like that though keeps me up to date on everything.

Awesome. I am going to print this out and keep with me until it is engrained in my brain. It does bring up one question that I keep forgetting to ask but always err on the side of caution.
Do you need to power down the I1 after exiting travel mode and before you attach the camera? I always do out of fear that sudden power could harm the camera but, it would be great if there was no need for this step. If it is neccessary you might want to add it to the doc.

Glad to hear it will help someone. This is just what works for me so you may feel like you need to add or remove things. If you want the copy of the PDF itself so you can print a nice copy I can PM you a link to it. The camera piece is a good question. I always power my inspire down when I attach it. It just makes me feel better. I should add that into this one.

"Leave launch area as you found it." Not too big a problem for us but nice that you stuck it in there. Important not to disturb the great locations we seek out.

My thoughts exactly. I am really big into backpacking so I carry over the "Pack in, pack out" mentality to the rest of my life.

Reactions: flyersgirl and AMCR
No need. If people like it that much you can upload it to the documents section. This will give everyone access.

Yes, you definitely should power down before you attach the camera to the drone. It's been covered in other threads.

For one, you will have a hard time not fighting the gimbal as it immediately calibrates itself. And from what I've heard you could fry your camera/gimbal should any connections get bridged while hot-swapping.

Take the time, have a moment of zen, then fly like a bird!

Reactions: flyersgirl
One more comment...

As I read this, it looks like I should power on the aircraft first. The opposite is the correct sequence.

You mention adjusting the antenna correctly... Might just say "ensure your antenna are aligned vertically" or straight up and down, or something like that.

Nice job!

One more comment...

As I read this, it looks like I should power on the aircraft first. The opposite is the correct sequence.

You mention adjusting the antenna correctly... Might just say "ensure your antenna are aligned vertically" or straight up and down, or something like that.

Nice job!

Thanks for the feedback I will update it this afternoon and put up Version 1.1

Hij Coleslaw, thanks for the checklist! Defenitly will print and use it. However I would add to check the positions of the antennes on the RC.

OK, I'll go there andere use that one. I'm just new on this forum zo I still have to find my way around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207