Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 Battery Firmware

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm on App Version: 4.0.8
Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0330
RC: 01.00.0110

This is a rock solid platform with no issues at all so reluctant to update to latest revisions, however I require another pair of batteries. Question, if the new batteries are at a newer revision than my current setup will this cause problems?

Thanks for any advice,

Les

Last edited:
DJI batteries runs on firmware, so yes.

Back to op's question, it's possible that you would run into the inconsistent firmware prompt and be forced to update all firmware. I don't remember the last time I2 batteries got an update so you might still luck out.

Batteries themselves have a 'revision'?

New batteries charged last night, will try them later today.

Ok new batteries in and inconsistent firmware detected with some modules comes up. After this everything appears normal, with the go app correctly reporting current battery condition. Not flown her yet with these new units slightly nervous now.

In the last 24 hours, DJI released new firmware on pretty much everything, including batteries. Curious if you grabbed that revision - some are reporting they can't yet see the latest firmware in DJI Go as of this morning.

Ok new batteries in and inconsistent firmware detected with some modules comes up. After this everything appears normal, with the go app correctly reporting current battery condition. Not flown her yet with these new units slightly nervous now.

I've updated the firmware today - April 18, on all my batteries and am not experiencing problems.

Did you get a chance to get the bird in the air. All working ok?

Yes, flew the I2 after updating it as well as Cendence and batteries with no problems. Test flight went well without a glitch.

Did you notice if the POI feature worked? I will be trying it in the morning.
No POI until the new go app is released

Added support for two new POI functions, including tapping on the map and flying the aircraft to the desired location (requires app v4.2.14).

Did you get a chance to get the bird in the air. All working ok?
No haven't flown her yet, decided i would take no chances and update the firmware. On the update screen it said i would be limited in height and distance unless I was logged into the app. Did a search with I2 distance restriction with limited results. I know you can unlock this by signing into your DJI account however I live in the North East of Scotland with poor access to a decent phone signal in a lot of the areas I fly. Will it still let you fly without a signal and if so what is the point if there is no connection to the internet?

You only need to sign into your DJI account once. There is no requirement to have internet connection when you take off or fly, as long as you had already signed into your DJI account in the Go app previously (and haven't sign out, or deleted then re-install the app).

No haven't flown her yet, decided i would take no chances and update the firmware. On the update screen it said i would be limited in height and distance unless I was logged into the app. Did a search with I2 distance restriction with limited results. I know you can unlock this by signing into your DJI account however I live in the North East of Scotland with poor access to a decent phone signal in a lot of the areas I fly. Will it still let you fly without a signal and if so what is the point if there is no connection to the internet?

You only need to sign into your DJI account once. There is no requirement to have internet connection when you take off or fly, as long as you had already signed into your DJI account in the Go app previously (and haven't sign out, or deleted then re-install the app).

Great thanks for that. Here goes for nothing then, I’ll update her now.

Ok updated everything including all my 4 battery sets with no issues. I should say when I connected the bird to my Mac it updated my new set of batteries to the current version on the inspire. This stopped the inconsistent firmware warnings.
As I wanted to use my IPhone X I continued and updated everything to the latest revision.
IMU and compass values looked fine after the update so I skipped that part of the process.
Flew two battery sets everything appeared fine until I functioned the return to home when she was about 500 meters out, the bird started to turn and the camera flicked round facing to where we had just been. At first I though she was heading in the wrong direction but she was heading back it was just confusing with the camera orientation. Did this every time I functioned the RTH. Second thing I don’t like, it seems to take a couple more seconds to shut down after left stick down stop is activated. It also tilts up up on two legs did this both times I2 has never done that before although my I1 does this occasionally.

Now that you've mentioned it. I think you are right about the slightly lengthened shut down time. I haven't seen two legs tilt-up issue on mine; the landing appears to be ok.

I haven't tried RTH since the update so can't comment on the gimbal turning issue upon RTH.

Ok updated everything including all my 4 battery sets with no issues. I should say when I connected the bird to my Mac it updated my new set of batteries to the current version on the inspire. This stopped the inconsistent firmware warnings.
As I wanted to use my IPhone X I continued and updated everything to the latest revision.
IMU and compass values looked fine after the update so I skipped that part of the process.
Flew two battery sets everything appeared fine until I functioned the return to home when she was about 500 meters out, the bird started to turn and the camera flicked round facing to where we had just been. At first I though she was heading in the wrong direction but she was heading back it was just confusing with the camera orientation. Did this every time I functioned the RTH. Second thing I don’t like, it seems to take a couple more seconds to shut down after left stick down stop is activated. It also tilts up up on two legs did this both times I2 has never done that before although my I1 does this occasionally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido