Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 max distance and max altitude acting weird

Reaction score
Our Inspire 1 has been acting weird lately. The first time was about a week ago, we did our usual preflight check everything was fine, we started the inspire and checked that everything was a go and everything read fine. However when we took off we were only able to climb about 80ft high before it said we had reached maximum altitude. We landed shut everything off and attempted to fly again same thing, we swapped batteries and all went as normal. The second time was today did the usual preflight check all read normal and ok. The first battery worked just fine, then we landed and swapped batteries and after we took off we got a new message saying max distance reached which was only about 40 feet from where we had taken off at. We landed swapped batteries double checked the setting to make sure all were the same everything appeared normal but when we took off we got the same max distance reached (only about 40 ft from where we took off) as well as a message saying max altitude reach (we were only at about 80ft up in the air). Brought equipment home tested all batteries to make sure max altitude and max distance are all the same. Retested the two batteries that caused the problem and ran into the same issue while in the air we checked and all setting are the same as the where when we took off. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and know if it is the batteries causing it or if it is something else. All firmware is up to date.

I am having the same issue as you. Maximum flight distance achieved is the error I encounter at about 30m. I spent some time on the phone trouble shooting with DJI and what was concluded was that it needs to be sent in for repair... If you would like to try the trouble shooting steps I was given they are:
1) Clear the cache on your device (iPhone/Andorid)
2) Delete the Dji Go App, Restart your phone and re install the app
Test Flight (Still receiving errors)
3) IMU Calibration.

Keep me updated as I'm just about to send mine in for repairs.

I assume both of you have signed out of your account via the app whilst connected to the Internet and then signed back in again to clear the default distance restrictions?

Reactions: 3 Sevens
Just went for a test flight all went well. It's not a fix but it passes the errors. Take off and hover close the DJI APP and restart the app fully. I'm sure they'll come back if this procedure isn't done

It appears this issue should be fixed with the latest GO app update, at least for iOS. Got this response in the DJI forum where another user tested the app and found it to resolve this issue:

@ DJI Mindy. Can you confirm a fix was included in the latest GO app for the 50m max issue as indicated by snowfly above?

Thanks.

Yes, you are right, this problem has been fixed, please update at your most convenience, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I ran across this problem yesterday using the ipad. Switched over to my samsung tablet and no problems. Definitely an app problem. See they have the 3.1.15 out now, we'll see if they fixed it .

Her i have the same problem. But when I fly with the TB47 battery no problem. I'ts like when I fly with the TB48 i have this problem.

According to the DJI forum this should have been fixed with the 3.1.15 GO app version.
Yeah but they didn't, been out testing this morning on my ipad mini 4. Have to restart the app everytime you switch batteries or shut the battery off and back on otherwise it'll limit ya and wait a good 20 seconds after the start up period of the bird before opening the app otherwise it'll limit ya.

Reactions: 3 Sevens
Sorry for the late reply. We did make sure everything was updated including the app. We also followed the suggestion and logged in and out of our account. We have had it happen a few times since my initial post and trying the above. It appears to get triggered if we land and swap batteries and we don't power off the remote and close out of the DJI Go app on our iPhones/iPads. It won't trigger every time we don't power off and close out the app but the hassle/frustration it causes when your ready to go and you take off and BAM - "MAX ALTITUDE/DISTANCE REACHED"! So annoying!!!! The last two days we have been out filming and the one and only time we had this problem was when we didn't power off the remote and close the app. We are now just making it a habit to power down the remote and close the app every time we land and swap batteries.

Sorry for the late reply. We did make sure everything was updated including the app. We also followed the suggestion and logged in and out of our account. We have had it happen a few times since my initial post and trying the above. It appears to get triggered if we land and swap batteries and we don't power off the remote and close out of the DJI Go app on our iPhones/iPads. It won't trigger every time we don't power off and close out the app but the hassle/frustration it causes when your ready to go and you take off and BAM - "MAX ALTITUDE/DISTANCE REACHED"! So annoying!!!! The last two days we have been out filming and the one and only time we had this problem was when we didn't power off the remote and close the app. We are now just making it a habit to power down the remote and close the app every time we land and swap batteries.

Sorry to hear. And reading yur description, I usually shut down both app and RC in between switching battery and that's probably why I haven't noticed this yet.

Have you opened a ticked with DJI to at least make them aware of this?

Sorry to hear. And reading yur description, I usually shut down both app and RC in between switching battery and that's probably why I haven't noticed this yet.

Have you opened a ticked with DJI to at least make them aware of this?
I've reported it to them three different times. They know the problem is there,just not doing anything about it yet.

I can get away with just closing the app . Shut battery off, close app,change battery and power on the bird,wait the 10 seconds for the bird to go thru it's start up then open the app. Works every time

Ditto, this week after I updated I've had the altitude limitations after a battery change. I can't imagine how bad this would look if I was on a gig. This problem needs to be fixed and fast. Is it possible to roll back the update? I still have the old version. Why does DJI update stuff that is working just fine. If it aint broke don't fix it.

I am up North and flying outside now is limited, so I'm using the simulator. I too reached Max Distance. As posted earlier the log out log in cleared everything up, even on the simulator. I may make this part of my Preflight Checklist.

What versions (app and FW) did you experience this with? And when did you last upgrade you app and FW?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa