Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iOS 11.2.6

Reaction score
Website
www.photoimagerie.com
The latest iPad iOS is 11.2.6. Could anyone confirm the connectivity issues have been resolved with 11.2.6 & GoApp 3.1.28 please?
I did post this question on the DJI Forum at the end of their thread warning of issues with the latest iOS (which was 11.2.5 at the time) but no response from DJI to date.

I see in the iOS download readme it says: "Fixes an issue where some third party apps could fail to connect to external accessories."

Like that has never happened to me.... :rolleyes:

I've seen the update too, but have avoided updating since everything is working with the current version!

I just finished uploading and downloading the latest iOS update. It couldn't work any worse than the last one! I will fly it this weekend and see how it does?

I bench tested with 11.2.6 with Inspire 1 Pro (up-to-date on all firmware).
1 - i got quite a lot of messages about interference which went away when switch wifi to airplane mode.
2 - go app connected ok initially & closing go app and switch to AP app which also connected ok. However closing AP & opening go app failed to connect. Switching back to AP also failed. Rebooting iPad solved to problem temporarily but it did return.
So my verdict is there seems to still be a problem of connectivity with the iPad with 11.2.6
Thursday I did have a job. Connectivity did work without a hitch but had several other problems including;
- I 1 P, kept switching to ATTI mode (11 to 16 satellites)
- logs show Compass Error (compass was calibrated before flt because it was a new location). Had this before Xmas, DJI suggested resetting compass (toggle mode switch 6 times)
- abondoned use of AP App for fear of a problem occurring at a distance and not having a backup of RTH available

This is frustrating, I’ve been flying drones since the phantom 1 (2012), have 2 x I 1 Pro, the newest is 6 mths old, never damaged, not even a hard landing and mainly 20 hrs of pretty good flying, carefully maintained including batteries but there are more and more problems. I have a well tried detailed check list. It’s really hard to offer a professional photography service with such unreliable equipment. Is it the iPad, the iOS, the I 1 P. I’d like to hear others thoughts.

1 - i got quite a lot of messages about interference which went away when switch wifi to airplane mode.
2 - go app connected ok initially & closing go app and switch to AP app which also connected ok. However closing AP & opening go app failed to connect. Switching back to AP also failed. Rebooting iPad solved to problem temporarily but it did return.
So my verdict is there seems to still be a problem of connectivity with the iPad with 11.2.6
Thursday I did have a job. Connectivity did work without a hitch but had several other problems including;
- logs show Compass Error (compass was calibrated before flt because it was a new location). Had this before Xmas, DJI suggested resetting compass (toggle mode switch 6 times)
- abondoned use of AP App for fear of a problem occurring at a distance and not having a backup of RTH available

This is frustrating, I’ve been flying drones since the phantom 1 (2012), have 2 x I 1 Pro, the newest is 6 mths old, never damaged, not even a hard landing and mainly 20 hrs of pretty good flying, carefully maintained including batteries but there are more and more problems. I have a well tried detailed check list. It’s really hard to offer a professional photography service with such unreliable equipment. Is it the iPad, the iOS, the I 1 P. I’d like to hear others thoughts.
I fly a Mavic Pro,a P3 Phantom,and a Parrot Bebop 2 all with the iPad 4 Mini! The only drone that has a problem is the Inspire 1. I switch the tablet into airplane mode, and never have any problems with the other drones, but the Inspire1 is constantly giving out warnings, and switching between GPS and P-Atti mode, even at close range! I fly out in the country side,so I can't even think how bad it would be in a area with Heavy WiFi use! One thing DJI did do was eliminate the 32 channel range, and the 8 channels that are left are about the worst one's you could use! The Inspire1 is a BIG drone! It's also a BIG disappointment!

Last edited:
Hi Ralph I had all these problems you spoke about below see thread Wireless Interference Problematic Error - Possible Firmware Issue

Tks Charles. Interesting thread. It seems that the problems (interference, compass errors, sw to ATTI etc) may only related to Apple iPads & the iOS updates. I wonder if Androide users are experiencing the same problems?

I'm using an ipad mini and never had any issues until about a month ago when this happened to inspire 1 was not flyable with all the ^%$# going on. No info from any android users in my threat

This is not good reading this. I am considering buying a inspire 1v2. Now I don’t know whether I should. I have a Mavic pro that I have never had any issues with the firmware update or the iOS updates. Should I even purchased the inspire one.

This is not good reading this. I am considering buying a inspire 1v2. Now I don’t know whether I should. I have a Mavic pro that I have never had any issues with the firmware update or the iOS updates. Should I even purchased the inspire one.

I'd wait and save your money until DJI gets their act together.

I'm not enamored about how long they take to address a firmware matter like with the Phantom 4 that took 7 months to fix (and it's still somewhat broken with shaking and whining on landing!). Nice they take so long that your battery warranty is expired, and half the bird's warranty too just waiting for them to fix a software or firmware matter. That and Apple screwing up their iOS and yet more waiting problems too.

If they ever do get their act together, by the time you get ready to buy the Iv2 they may stop making batteries or something else needed. The Mavic seems to fly better anyhow and have far better support than their larger birds as well as their professional hand-gimbals too (DJI Ronin and Osmo forum are filled with sad reports of quality issues too!).

When switching back and forth between GO and autopilot (Inspire 1) I figured out that I can unplug and plug back in the usb to the device once the desired app is loaded to get it to fully connect again without rebooting anything. Started doing that about a month ago. Sometimes you’ll get telemetry and video link, but no camera controls or AF.

I thought my cords were in need of replacement, but that didn’t end up helping.

Sometimes I have to unplug and plug back in 3 times before everything is fully functioning.

I have never had any issues in flight. Once I have the apps fully connected, it stays that way. But I no longer attempt to switch apps mid flight like I use to

I got a good price on the version 2. Will be here Wednesday. I already have the Mavic pro that I do like flying and I have never had an issue with the firmware updates at all. So I figured I would buy the v2. To go with my Mavic pro. They say they fly extremely nice I hope that’s true.

I have been flying the Inspire 1 for almost 2 years now with no issues. It is an amazing quadcopter. There are many new DJI quads out there but once you fly the I1 you will never turn back!
That’s what I’ve heard that’s why purchased one I got it for a good price to. Have you had any issues with the new firmware updates.

NO none at all... You must update the quad, batteries, and controllers when needed, if you are getting a second controller that must be updated also.
The guy that I just purchased it from just did all the latest FW updates and the RC as well. I’m sure if there is a FW update required it will tell me that on the app the same as my Mavic pro DJI go 4 app. I would appreciate any help that you can give me as this is going to be all new to me. I don’t know how much different that app is compared to my Mavic pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop