Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iOS Pilot App 1.2.0 Available on App Store

Never had a problem when ios 1.0.2 was out, and I left that on auto. Won't be messing about with mods!

I am getting bad video also with the app update. I only fly from my backyard so it's certainly an app problem and not my flying area.

Reactions: qbizzy
i already tested for more than 10min.. no disconnect again !!! Work great for me .... but i using FPVLR when i open there is a error come out radio signal poor... but when i turn off the bosster it become good... but anyway i don't care one the booster... but it goes perfecty fine for long distant... i think because of the boooster causing interferances

one of the issues of flying 2.4Ghz is that its a pretty polluted band.

you can try to get some of the antenna mods around that will help a lot, even in very radio dirty environments.

I'm flying in a big open field, where I fly all the time.

I'm flying in a big open field, where I fly all the time.

define open field?, hills can have a huge impact on signal, i ask because i fly on open field too and i can do about 2.7 km before video starts lagging.
just to list a few of the things that can happen with the signal.
1. WIFI INTERFERENCE
2. MULTIPATH
3. PROPAGATION LOSS
4. POLARIZATION LOSS
5. ANTENNA RADIATION PATTERN NULL
6. SIGNAL OBSTRUCTION

Reactions: The Editor
The video feed with the latest update (1.2.0) is a disaster, i can`t go FPV with DJI Pilot now, we need to DJI solve this as soon as possible...or would be a good choice to rollback to previous versions...something like a valid 1.0.2 ipa , i don´t know how to get it....

The video feed with the latest update (1.2.0) is a disaster, i can`t go FPV with DJI Pilot now, we need to DJI solve this as soon as possible...or would be a good choice to rollback to previous versions...something like a valid 1.0.2 ipa , i don´t know how to get it....

just out of curiosity, what device were you using? i went out yesterday with an ipad air 2 and i had the exact same experience as before the update.

I have an iPad mini 2....with older version of app..i.e: 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.1.1....it works without problems.....but with the latest....1.2.0....it is a total disaster..

I have an iPad mini 2....with older version of app..i.e: 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.1.1....it works without problems.....but with the latest....1.2.0....it is a total disaster..
I was flying yesterday with the iOS Pilot App 1.2.0 on an iPad Air 2. It was not a disaster so please keep things factual and in perspective. The video work fine in follow mode but I did not try FPV as I don't need it.

The video is fine...in either FPV mode..or Follow mode...i use FOLLOW gimbal mode......as i said..the video it's fine....the first minutes......about 70%-60% battery....the video feed becomes too laggy.....unusable video.....my brother has an iPAd mini 2 too...and has the same problem with his Phantom 3 PRO...i have the Inspire...we have try any configuration of the app...simply...a total disaster

The video is fine...in either FPV mode..or Follow mode...i use FOLLOW gimbal mode......as i said..the video it's fine....the first minutes......about 70%-60% battery....the video feed becomes too laggy.....unusable video.....my brother has an iPAd mini 2 too...and has the same problem with his Phantom 3 PRO...i have the Inspire...we have try any configuration of the app...simply...a total disaster
To help this discussion, I have just completed 2 test flights with I1: one using my iPad Air 2 with Pilot App v1.2.0 and one with my iPad Mini 2 with v1.1.2 (I have not updated both iPads for obvious reasons).

I flew both tests mainly in FPV mode and filmed at 1080p 60Hz. I flew from my rural cottage over open fields with several 400V overhead power lines. The maximum range from the home point was 200-250m (half the UK legal limit). Observing the screen video, I could not discern any delay between moving the controls and the aircraft moving in roll, yaw or pitch. I made several high speed runs and turns without seeing any problems with lagging video.

The only issue seen was on the second test when I flew behind a dense row of tall trees wet from a recent rain shower. I was using the iPad Mini 2 with 1.1.2 and got a brief 'No Signal' message on screen. I lifted the RC to point at the aircraft and the signal restored. However, once the aircraft was back in line of sight, I had a No Signal which lasted about 5 seconds. When the image returned, I checked the Image Transmission Setting page and observed -60 to -70 dBm noise spikes on channels 13, 14 & 15 (selected channel was 20). The only 2.4GHz interference at my location are 2 wifi hubs. These spikes were only temporary and the channel noise reduced to -100 dBm. I flew the same circuits behind the same trees with the iPad Air 2 and 1.2.0 and did not see any video drop outs.

Last edited:
So: better results with the latest app? Custom channel or auto?
Auto only. When I did have the loss of signal it did pick the channel (20) furthest away from the noise.

What people need to realise is that the channel selection is most probably done by the I1/RC firmware (1.2.1.06) and has nothing to do with the Pilot App. The Tablet/Pilot App are input and output devices for all control values. For example, if you change something in Pilot App it will change to the last stored values when the I1 in powered up.

Reactions: Kilrah

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac